Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 September 2012
I got this album from Amazon a week after seeing Paul and his band live at the 2012 Gloucester Blues Festival where he gave a crowd thrilling performancs of rockin' blues.Both in the studio over now several top class albums and as a top rate live act Paul and the King Snakes have packed venues, thrilled festivals all over the world, won awards over and over again.So for Mind Games they have put together another cracking set of the music they simply play better than anyone else. A Paul Lamb album like his live shows is never a surun of slow blues but is a rompi' stonkin' party to boogie to and enjoy.He does the odd slower number but throughout theres a life and vitality to all he does.This album quite frankly rates around the best he's done, well produced,certainly the band are on top form, and a cracking choice of songs that fit them like a glove.Several original songs by the band are included plus a few covers given the bands ideal treatment.Chad Strartz is among the best blues vocalists in the Uk.The band have a rhythm section and solid as a rock. Do take a listen to a wonderful cover of Lee Dorsey'd 'Ya Ya Blues' and the final tracks great cover of Leadbelly's ' Midnight Special'.We are served up here a very tasty meal of twelve top class tracks by one of Europe's very best bands.Taking track two,the boogie beat beat of 'Come To The Conclusion' sums this set up well the conclusion is, this is an album that should be in every blues fans collection, Blues at its best by one of the best.
on 4 December 2014
I've never seen them playing live but I am sure that's where they shine. I downloaded this album as I love the harp playing and the nicely rough guitar licks but can't stretch to the Anthology album just now. I could do without 'Midnight Special' but the rest of the album is good, especially 'Come To The Conclusion' which picks out a stonkingly good John Lee Hooker boogie style for my ear's enjoyment. I'm afraid that the only slight blemish for me is the Anglo-Americanised vocals which needs to be worked on so as not to sound so much like Marty Wilde with an attitude ( if you know what I mean ). 'Ya Ya Blues' is great as Lee Dorsey was one of my favourite singers from my childhood and always reminds me of my Aunty Carol who always played the single ( as well as 'Holy Cow' ) for me on her little orange and gray mono record player. Come to think of it she had a lot of influence on my musical tastes from back then to this very day. I'm pretty sure she would have liked this band too.

Eamonn
on 4 January 2013
king snakes rock never seen them live this cd has persuaded me its a must do. great sound superb musicians and a belter