Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 22 March 2010
The fine art of song writing & musicianship is still alive in this corner of Wales. There isn't a bad song on this album and it will have you hitting repeat over & over again. The instant-hit Cliche and the vibrantly uplifting Freewheel will put a smile on your face and have you singing along. It doesn't go downhill from there mind, and the vocals are just phenomenal. Highly recommended for all fans of real music.
on 9 June 2010
I heard Paper Aeroplane on Radio 2 at the weekend, I liked the songs I heard so downloaded. The album is a really good collection from pop, ballad to Celtic acoustic. They're the kind of band who would have heard in the Dawson's Creek soundtrack. They're a welsh folk group that would fit in with Cara Dillon and Seth Lakeman, it's a wonderful collection for a debut. I've had this on the train to work, it's a great calming influence!
on 8 July 2011
I ordered this after finding the fabulous "skies on fire" on itunes. Some decent songs on here and good to listen to when driving. It's full of potential classics. A bit of a cross between the Corrs and Taylor Swift.
on 13 March 2014
A complete novice to Paper Aeroplanes, but I am finding this an excellent 'lottery' choice (I gambled on it, due to the reviews). The Cliché is particularly good, but there are several great tracks. I am now tempted to download their latest offering. It reminds me of a harder version of Wilson Phillips (i.e. contemporary and better!).
on 2 June 2012
Aboslutely great.
Every single track in the album is a great song. I wish this album had 30 songs because they would have been all fantastic !! Have been listening to it for a year and I still find the details in the music rewarding. Good stuff, simply quality music (as advised by Bob Harris).
VINE VOICEon 22 February 2011
I first became aware of this group thanks to Sarah Howell giving powerful guest vocals and lyrics on 'Sway' on the 'Culprit 1' album 'Running In Order'. On the sleeve notes it mentions Sarah being in the band Halflight. A quick internet search lead me to the Halflight band's work (still available through the Paper Aeroplanes facebook page) and as Halflight have slowly built their following up they have had a name change and become 'Paper Aeroplanes'.

Paper aeroplanes are brilliant! With their high production values, Sarah's powerful vocals and melancholic/pop/folk tone they have created beautiful music that is easy to get lost in. It's hard to really describe music like this so I suggest getting on facebook to search them out and have a proper listen. They are a wonderful Welsh band and deserve far more recognition.
on 7 October 2013
I discovered this album having heard a track being played in a local restaurant. Since purchasing the CD I have also bought their latest album - Little Letters.
The day We ran Into the Sea is almost unique in my experience in that I like every track. Usually I find a track to skip during playback but not with this one! If I have to pick a favourite it would be "Pick Me".
on 16 August 2011
If you listen to the 30 second snippets here, you will certainly get a flavour of the album, but what you won't get is the way that the sum is greater than the parts. I must admit to a slight concern that the distinctive vocals and the style of the music might end up proving a bit 'samey' after a while. But absolutely not! The top-quality song-writing and performances give each track its own clear identity, and it's become an album that I choose to listen to from start to finish. So, if you like the sound of the samples available here, don't hesitate - order the album... it's everything you've heard, and more!
on 16 July 2013
I love this album, it's full of quality songs all the way through. No fillers here. Rich and Sarah are very gifted songwriters. With beautiful vocals from Sarah and quality guitar playing from Rich, TDWRITS is very special. Probably a little more "poppy" than the later albums, but it still delivers in spades. It is my current commuting album of choice, it takes me to a very chilled and happy place, not easy on the London tube at rush hour

Best song on the album, chose any one from 12. But I do have a soft spot for "Freewheel" as it's a great summer song.

Although you may have never heard of Paper Aeroplanes before, take a chance and buy this, you won't regret it.

Highly recommend
on 18 February 2013
I only found out about paper aeroplanes after buying the Al Lewis "in the wake" CD, (also very good) and finding Sarah on nearly every track and now after buying this CD I wholly recommend it.

Every track is worth listening to, and that is quite a rarity for me, I always tend to skip a few tracks but there is no need with this album as there are no fillers.

I have over 3000 albums and this has gone in to my top 50, and is very well deserved.