‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning debut, 22 Mar. 2010
The fine art of song writing & musicianship is still alive in this corner of Wales. There isn't a bad song on this album and it will have you hitting repeat over & over again. The instant-hit Cliche and the vibrantly uplifting Freewheel will put a smile on your face and have you singing along. It doesn't go downhill from there mind, and the vocals are just phenomenal. Highly recommended for all fans of real music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great calming influence!, 9 Jun. 2010
A. Stanton (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I heard Paper Aeroplane on Radio 2 at the weekend, I liked the songs I heard so downloaded. The album is a really good collection from pop, ballad to Celtic acoustic. They're the kind of band who would have heard in the Dawson's Creek soundtrack. They're a welsh folk group that would fit in with Cara Dillon and Seth Lakeman, it's a wonderful collection for a debut. I've had this on the train to work, it's a great calming influence!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a pleasure for your ears !, 2 Jun. 2012
M. Giordani "Marco" (England) - See all my reviews
Aboslutely great.
Every single track in the album is a great song. I wish this album had 30 songs because they would have been all fantastic !! Have been listening to it for a year and I still find the details in the music rewarding. Good stuff, simply quality music (as advised by Bob Harris).

5.0 out of 5 stars Paper Aeroplanes an undiscovered gem!, 31 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Day We Ran Into the Sea (Audio CD)
Wonderful! Orginal! If you love easy listening ..........you will love this! Reminds me of my own days in University.
Only the best comes from Wales!

4.0 out of 5 stars a nice package, 8 July 2011
This review is from: Day We Ran Into the Sea (Audio CD)
I ordered this after finding the fabulous "skies on fire" on itunes. Some decent songs on here and good to listen to when driving. It's full of potential classics. A bit of a cross between the Corrs and Taylor Swift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Halflight becomes Paper Aeroplanes, 22 Feb. 2011
Mr. Gareth I. Davies "giddig" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I first became aware of this group thanks to Sarah Howell giving powerful guest vocals and lyrics on 'Sway' on the 'Culprit 1' album 'Running In Order'. On the sleeve notes it mentions Sarah being in the band Halflight. A quick internet search lead me to the Halflight band's work (still available through the Paper Aeroplanes facebook page) and as Halflight have slowly built their following up they have had a name change and become 'Paper Aeroplanes'.

Paper aeroplanes are brilliant! With their high production values, Sarah's powerful vocals and melancholic/pop/folk tone they have created beautiful music that is easy to get lost in. It's hard to really describe music like this so I suggest getting on facebook to search them out and have a proper listen. They are a wonderful Welsh band and deserve far more recognition.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Day We Ran Into The Sea (MP3 Download)
what an amazing voice. beautiful music. i love it. i would recommend it to any one if you want to here something new

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album, 4 May 2014
This review is from: The Day We Ran Into The Sea (MP3 Download)
Can across these on Earbits and thought the voice was absolutely stunning then discovered that they came from Wales I thought happy days. Can't get enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wistful, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Day We Ran Into The Sea (MP3 Download)
A complete novice to Paper Aeroplanes, but I am finding this an excellent 'lottery' choice (I gambled on it, due to the reviews). The Cliché is particularly good, but there are several great tracks. I am now tempted to download their latest offering. It reminds me of a harder version of Wilson Phillips (i.e. contemporary and better!).

5.0 out of 5 stars good album, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Day We Ran Into The Sea (MP3 Download)
discovered this duo when I downloaded a free single form amazon, then bought the album: every track is really good

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›