5.0 out of 5 stars Like it was yesterday, 1 Sep 2011
Robin "Rob37n" (Hull, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pathe Collection -A Year To Remember - The 1970s [DVD] (DVD)
This is a cracking collection of clips from the news throughout the 70's, I sat entranced enjoying the memories as they came flooding back. For any child of the 70's this is a great review of the major events, a chance to think back to did I really wear that, did I really have my hair like that, did I really have hair for that matter. The cars, the personalities, and suchlike just made for a series of entertaining viewing sessions.

I may well have to expand my collection of these DVDs to cover the 60s and 80s as well. I recommend this to everyone with an interest in social history or lived through the times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pathe, 14 Jan 2012
Great DVD to watch for a record of news items of the 70s. I would say only of an interest if you enjoy news articles

5.0 out of 5 stars pathe news, 13 Feb 2013
bought it for my husband and we both watched it. loved it! brought back great memories of when we first met

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Jun 2013
Mr. G. King "70s addict" (England) - See all my reviews
Oh this brought back memories of my childhood I didn't really remember the news because I was very young so it was very interesting

4.0 out of 5 stars News History As You Will Remember it, 2 Jun 2013
S. Bradnam (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very good idea, packaging the news from each year of the decade in turn, and from Jan thru Dec within the year. Playing spot the news broadcaster is even as much fun as the material itself. Very educational, and provides accurate and real footage of events that shaped the UK and the world in the 70s. Menu selection is a little bit clunky, but that is my only criticism - definitely recommended for history, nostalgia, world affairs affectionado's!

5.0 out of 5 stars year to remember 70s, 21 Jan 2014
thank you very much for the wondwerful item and the speedy delivery
i enjoyed watching the 70s even though they were some happy
memories it did not capture the decade like the 60s did

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - brings back memories, 15 Nov 2013
Very good.

However, if you're looking for a similiar 70s DVD, be aware that "A Decade to Remember The 1970s (Box Set) is exactly the same product as this, as I've learned to my cost!

5.0 out of 5 stars the 1970s wonderful decade !, 24 Dec 2010
I have seen the first four years of the 1970s so far and I am so delighted !!! Congratulations again; I look forward to buying more DVDs dealing with the 1960s 1990s and 2000s !!!
Please do not make us wait !! I am speaking on behalf of all those who love the United Kingdom and the World !
This world is ours so let us go back in time to understand it better !!!

Congratulations !!!!!!!