on 21 March 2011
A nice little case that protects the iphone4 well.

I love the powermat and think it's great BUT there is a little gotcha that isn't mentioned with the iphone4 case, you have to very precisely place it on the mat for charging to occur.
Unlike the case for say an ipod touch it doesn't just centre itself and start charging. For the original mat you are provided with a sticker that has a locating dot for where to place the case - for the travel mat which I also have you don't get a sticker and it's more a case of finding the point and remembering, if you don't need or want a case then you'd be better off with the unversal dock. If you do want a case and can live with this then it's good.
33 comments8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 June 2011
I also had the Iphone3 version of this charger and it worked every time. The Iphone 4 version unfortunately is quiet fiddly. I find myself spending a few minutes tweaking its position to find any charging point on the mat, it can get annoying. Also not sure why you have to snap the charger closed am worried it may scratch the iphone, there was no snapping mechanism on the Iphone 3 version.

When it works it's good but I'd recommend trying to find the Apple Tip for the powercube charger, which appears to be only for sale in the US.

It does what it says on the tin (hence 3 stars) if you can get it working but I'm a bit disappointed with this.
on 19 February 2012
After spending several hundred pounds on an iPhone 4S, I'm not really wanting to get something to cover it with that makes it look as if I have a £20 phone. It's just not up to the standard that will make this a desirable purchase.
It also needs to be placed quite precisely to enable charging, but that's workable, it's the quality I can't live with. So I'm back to the plug...
on 19 December 2011
I moved to iPhone 4s and with that I moved also to the Powermat cover for iPhone 4s. The main porpose remains wireless charge -great idea!-, however I have to say the material is thinner and lighter, but the finish is cheaper and now you need to be very carefull how do you locate the phone as the charging spoth is now around 5 smaller and you can loose connection very easely.
on 27 November 2012
Lovely product and lovely service from the vendor. Really impressed with the service and the product was fantastic value, useful for travelling and a nice gift. Many thanks!
on 17 March 2013
This product when used with the power mat charges my phone super fast.

It fits my phone snugly and can be left on at all times
on 18 August 2014
dose the job better if it can be fitted in side the iPhone???? thanks all the same good job
on 30 March 2015
It would have been ok for an iPhone 6 but not tyres it out as I don't have an iPhone 4 yet
on 30 July 2013
Yes, it is a bit fiddly to get it in the right spot but not really a problem. I just slide the phone up and down and there it is.

No, it doesn't look any cheaper than the one I got with the phone.

An additional feature I didn't expect is that it converts the iPhone 4 S socket into a mini USB. You can use it on the Powermat this way - there is no Powermat tip for this - but then you can't use the original socket without taking the cover off.
on 20 May 2013
It fits well, needs to be just right on mat for it to charge. Since using this case I have found it slips out my hand more coz there's no grip at all, up to now it's been fine but can see I'm going to end up dropping my phone and doing some damage.

If they could put some kind of grip on sides would help a lot.

See one answered question