5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ITEM FAST CONNECTION
Published on 6 April 2011 by Mr. B. Carr

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with our Dell PC
We tried for at least 3 hours to get this simple device to work with our Dell Inspiron 620 desktop PC but it simply wouldn't find our wireless network. We tried it with a laptop in the same room and it was up and running perfectly within 5 minutes. We messed about with Anti-Virus, Firewall, disabling/enabling ethernet cards all to no avail. So as previous reviewers have...
Published 15 months ago by DCH

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ITEM FAST CONNECTION, 6 April 2011
i have been using TP-LINK products for a few years now and this adapter is fantastic they have improved on this one with fantastic results my noise from other wireless products has halved -35db and i have a constant speed of 130 Mbps with no loss of connection from the hub the pc i am using this on is on a third floor in the house and i can honestly say im really impressed.great price from Amazon i give it 5 ***** for lots of good reasons you wont be disappointed TP-LINK top brand.works fine with windows 7 no driver issue cant use the TP-LINK desktop software but windows 7 does a great job.

5.0 out of 5 stars TL-WN822N, an excellent product, 11 Jan. 2013
Easy to install. Ignore the enclosed CD, go straight to the TP-Link site and download the TL-WN822N Version 2 (if your device is a V2) latest driver and utility. (Always a generally good practice).
I'm running the TL-WN822N on three machines with three different versions of Windows 7, including a Windows 64 bit ULTIMATE version.
I'm intrigued at some of the problems reported with Windows 64 bit installation in reviews here, so I suggest that a simple solution could be to run Windows services.msc and just check that ALL the windows services required for a wireless adapter are set to a startup type of Automatic.
Then reboot, and run the TL-WN822N utility.
Will generally solve the problem.
Surfing the net, I've seen some horrific "solutions" suggested.
Try the above, takes just a few moments, and hope it solves your Windows 64 bit problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better option than powerline adaptors, 8 Nov. 2014
William Thomson "willy wonky" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TP-LINK TL-WN822N 300MBPS High Gain Wireless N USB Adapter (Personal Computers)
I recently upgraded to fibre broadband with TalkTalk. The router has to be downstairs but the P.C. on which I work is upstairs. TalkTalk, naturally, recommended their Powerline adaptors which I purchased.
My potential speed was 40 mbps but using the adaptors I was only able to achieve around 3 mbps.
I purchased this TP-Link adaptor in the hope that it would help.
I am very impressed. Set up could not be easier. It comes with a USB cable.
You simply take it out of the box, insert the accompanying CD into your P.C. or laptop and within seconds it is up and running.
I am now getting speeds on my P.C. of around 39 mbps. I am delighted.
My advice would be not to go for the Powerline adaptors but go for this option instead. It is much more effective and to cap it all quite a bit cheaper than the adaptors (as well as being easier to set up).
The only negative is that it is not the most robust build I have ever seen but it is unlikely to be abused so I don't expect problems in this respect.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 22 Jan. 2014
Why did I buy this?
I bought a pre-built gaming pc off the internet and it didnt have built in wifi on the motherboard, I looked around the market and found this.

What came in the box?
The device it self, the usb wire that connect it to your pc, a mini disc and some paperwork.

How I set it up
I read some reviews saying it was 'plug and play' and windows downloads the software automatically. Mine did not. I have windows 7 home premium by the way. What I had to do was simpliy put the mini disc into my disc drive and it installed with out a single problem after that. You can also download it off their website but that was not an option for me, considering I had no internet.

What do I think?
I LOVE IT! I think it's amazing, since i've bought it i have been downloading games non stop, and it has not let me down at all so far! And the software for this is quick and easy to use. I'm am so happy I got this and not a internal solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was after, 26 Sept. 2013
I bought this when moving into a new flat and needed to bridge the 3 weeks before my new internet line was set up.
In my flat I could see an extremely weak signal on my laptop for one of the better free public Wifi hotspots coming from a nearby flat/Wifi-lamppost.
I bought this handy device based on its "high-gain" promises and was not disappointed. Within minutes I was up and running with a good (and, largely unchanging) signal.

The bundled software is nice, but unnecessary for most purposes, just install the basic driver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!, 8 Jan. 2015
Having moved house, my PC is now situated up one floor and at the opposite side of the house to my wireless router. In the last couple of months, I have bought and returned two different types of wireless adaptors, both which received good reviews but both which were pretty useless in my situation. This was my third attempt and, as they say, it's been 'third time lucky'.

I thought I'd try it as it has two antennas and I really think they make a difference. So far, this adaptor has been working flawlessly and has bumped up my download speed no end. My connection strength indicator shows the full 5 bars where it previously, with the other adaptors and my original under performing Belkin, averaged 2 with a maximum of 3. This is proving to be an excellent device and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Adapter and Good Signal Strength, 1 Jan. 2013
Raddy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This adapter works perfectly, the software is easy to install and I have increased the amount of bars I receive by 2, I now get full signal and amazing speeds.

I also bought this with the counterpart TP-Link router, before this I had a Virgin Media Superhub and was using a crappy wireless card, I was receiving less than 5 MBS, mainly because of the rubbish virgin hub. As soon as I upgraded, I never get below 70 MBS on wireless, and I hit 100 MBS when wired in (the max).

This adapter is amazing if you always want the best signal strength you think you can get, and I also recommend their router if your speeds are not as good as they should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with Windows 7 64 bit., 18 Sept. 2011
Working very well with Windows 7 64 bit in the top floor (loft room) with the rooter in the ground floor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid at 300Mbps, 18 Oct. 2010
Rajive Aggarwal (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Simply plug in, install the driver and it works. Managed to get a rock solid 300Mbps to my router which is approx 10m away and in another room.

Be aware though, that even though the wifi connection is 300Mbps, I cannot get more than about 30Mbps actual data throughput when copying large files across the network - I suspect this may be a limitation if the USB2 interface, hence the 4 stars and not 5.

Also, if you are used to the normal USB dongles, then the size of this device may be a surprise - bit bigger than I had anticipated, but the twin antenna certainly help with getting a solid connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid product., 14 May 2011
Curlynob (Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I had a Belkin G wireless USB adapter that was dropping out every half hour. It was literally driving me mad - continually unplugging it and plugging it back in trying to get a connection. I looked around on Amazon and eventually went for this TP-LINK unit. The unit itself is about the size of a pack of 20 cigarettes (slightly thinner but a good approximate size) and it has little ear-like antennas on the side that stand up to a height of about 8-9CM.

The drivers are supplied on a mini CD and the instructions in the quick start guide are very clearly laid out and separated into XP, Vista and Win 7. I'm using Vista and I was up and running in minutes. There was no guess work, everything happened the way they said it would in the instructions. I live in an old Victorian house which is long and narrow with thick walls. My BT Homehub3 is in the hall at one end of the house; my desktop PC is in an extension at the back. I've had this product running a couple of days now and I've not had a single drop out. The increase in speed from G spec to N spec is noticeable when downloading from iTunes - a track seems to download in a blink of an eye. Considering this cost me £10 less than my original Belkin wireless adapter I had before, the only regret I have is that I didn't buy it sooner.