1,035 Reviews

Published on 6 April 2011 by Mr. B. Carr

2.0 out of 5 stars Re dont buy if your operating system is windows 8
Published 20 months ago by Hussain Ali

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ITEM FAST CONNECTION, 6 April 2011
i have been using TP-LINK products for a few years now and this adapter is fantastic they have improved on this one with fantastic results my noise from other wireless products has halved -35db and i have a constant speed of 130 Mbps with no loss of connection from the hub the pc i am using this on is on a third floor in the house and i can honestly say im really impressed.great price from Amazon i give it 5 ***** for lots of good reasons you wont be disappointed TP-LINK top brand.works fine with windows 7 no driver issue cant use the TP-LINK desktop software but windows 7 does a great job.

5.0 out of 5 stars TL-WN822N, an excellent product, 11 Jan. 2013
Easy to install. Ignore the enclosed CD, go straight to the TP-Link site and download the TL-WN822N Version 2 (if your device is a V2) latest driver and utility. (Always a generally good practice).
I'm running the TL-WN822N on three machines with three different versions of Windows 7, including a Windows 64 bit ULTIMATE version.
I'm intrigued at some of the problems reported with Windows 64 bit installation in reviews here, so I suggest that a simple solution could be to run Windows services.msc and just check that ALL the windows services required for a wireless adapter are set to a startup type of Automatic.
Then reboot, and run the TL-WN822N utility.
Will generally solve the problem.
Surfing the net, I've seen some horrific "solutions" suggested.
Try the above, takes just a few moments, and hope it solves your Windows 64 bit problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was after, 26 Sept. 2013
I bought this when moving into a new flat and needed to bridge the 3 weeks before my new internet line was set up.
In my flat I could see an extremely weak signal on my laptop for one of the better free public Wifi hotspots coming from a nearby flat/Wifi-lamppost.
I bought this handy device based on its "high-gain" promises and was not disappointed. Within minutes I was up and running with a good (and, largely unchanging) signal.

The bundled software is nice, but unnecessary for most purposes, just install the basic driver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Connectivity doesn't get simpler than this..., 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: TP-LINK TL-WN822N 300MBPS High Gain Wireless N USB Adapter (Personal Computers)
I work in professional broadcast audio and on a recent project identified an urgent need to connect my high-end desktop computer, used for audio and video play-in and editing, to the wireless network installed in the studio space we were using.
Having Internet access had suddenly become a major priority during the rig day and with express mailing, Amazon delivered the TP-Link Wireless adapter in time to use just before we started recording on our first of fourteen hectic days.
Once out of the box, we were up and running online within a couple of minutes.
The software install is seamless, the adapter just sits there and does everything it's meant to do and the data rate capability more than matches most available Wi-Fi delivery specifications so while cabled 1 Gbps Ethernet would out-perform it, where that option is unavailable, the TP-Link Adapter will tick every box for a wireless install.
Since using it on location, I've trialled it back at base against our cabled network connections using our several 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks.
We have a 150Mbps downstream Internet connection - the TP-Link box doesn't quite match the speed of hard-wired Ethernet but for most applications you'd be hard-pressed to notice the difference.
I've yet to see it stall on any streaming application including full HD video feeds.
Cross-computer data transfer through the LAN is really fast for a wireless link and the box just does what it says on the tin.
Networking is, let's be honest, a fairly boring topic, and all that most people want is a gadget that you plug in, sorts itself out and then does what it's supposed to do with no faffing about and optimal performance.
The TP-Link Adapter is that gadget - you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Adapter and Good Signal Strength, 1 Jan. 2013
Raddy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This adapter works perfectly, the software is easy to install and I have increased the amount of bars I receive by 2, I now get full signal and amazing speeds.

I also bought this with the counterpart TP-Link router, before this I had a Virgin Media Superhub and was using a crappy wireless card, I was receiving less than 5 MBS, mainly because of the rubbish virgin hub. As soon as I upgraded, I never get below 70 MBS on wireless, and I hit 100 MBS when wired in (the max).

This adapter is amazing if you always want the best signal strength you think you can get, and I also recommend their router if your speeds are not as good as they should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Jan. 2013
- Packaging - 5/5
The item arrived in a nice compact box, and is protected nicely inside the box by a foam cut-out. It also had protective tape on the plastic surfaces. The tape was extremely easy to remove and left no marks behind. I'm impressed with how well packaed the item is just inside it's original box.

- Performance - 5/5
I've been connecting at only 64Mbps, but that's down to my router not being 802.11n certified. I have managed to get it up to 150Mbps since then. Don't misjudge this device on that comment though, I'm 99.9% certain it'll easily connect at it's speeds if the router supports it! I've had NO signal drop-out with this device and I'm suprised and impressed at how well it's worked so far. I was reluctant to move away from LAN cable to Wi-Fi, but this little adapter has proven to be a pleasant suprise so far.

- Appearance - 5/5
I love the smart white plastic finish on this device and how comfortably it sits on my desk. It has a 1.5m USB cable which gives it enough length to position it nicely on the desk somewhere, or even out of sight. The antennae can be adjusted to different angles.

- Pro's -
* Well-priced device that works as intended
* Product works well, no Wi-Fi problems (so far)
* Looks smart
* Medium length cable is 'just right' to position it nicely on the desk comfortably

- Con's -
* The LED light doesn't flash consistently with data traffic, it pulses. I'd rather just have a constant light than an occasional annoying pulse now and then. In a dark room, it lights up the wall near my desk and is quite annoying having this green glow blinking on and off.
* The mini-USB port on the device is 'upside down'

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 25 Jun. 2011
D. Harris (Bonnie Scotland) - See all my reviews
After trying several other wireless routers (without success), I tried TP-LINK (the TD-W8960N). Setting up the network was so much easier than it was with other hardware producers I had tried and two of my laptops immediately detected the network and connected to it with no trouble at all.

For the 3rd laptop, I bought a TL-WN811N adaptor and that was so easy to plug 'n' play, I was connected to the internet within a few minutes.

In order to connect my two desktop PC's, I had to buy wireless network cards. I got a TL-WN851N and installed it into the PC case. Again this was no trouble installing the drivers and software.

Finally, for my second desktop PC, I bought this (the TL-WN822N) - mainly because the case is under loads of other stuff I didn't want to move. Again, I simply plugged it in, loaded the drivers and software (following the Software Installation Guide) and after entering my network details, was up and runnig. It really was very, very simple (as it should be). I hadn't found this to be the case with other hardware, though.

My network is only between 3 rooms with the router roughly in the middle and the computers no more than 10 yards away from the router. It is an old house, though, so the walls are solid.

There were a few teething problems with connecting to the internet but that was more to do with my lack of knowledge (browser settings) than the products' shortcomings.

Overall, I'd give all of the above products 10 out of 10 and would recommend them to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT FOR GAMING AND DRAMATICALLY BOOSTING MB PER SECOND, 8 April 2015
Conor J. Fitzgerald "FordFocus RSMK1" (England/St.Albans) - See all my reviews
I had a cheap usb wireless adaptor that come with my desktop pc, I didn't expect wonderful things from it, but I expected it to at least work, was terrible, in fairness my router is at the other side of the house downstairs about 15-20 meters away, I was getting 1 to 2MB per second, I needed a solution, I saw the other reviews on this product and got it, very easy to install, did a speed test and I'm now receiving on average 75 to 80MB per second, I couldn't be happier, I use my PC for online Gaming and since getting this product I've had no issues of lagging out or downloading updates and addons ect: can download a couple of GB very quickly now, very happy, I read online "this product and others like it that claim to boost MB per second don't work" blah blah, well they couldn't be more wrong, it's perfect for what you'll need, well worth the price, buy once and forget about it no more Internet issues! 5*

2.0 out of 5 stars Re dont buy if your operating system is windows 8, 9 Sept. 2013
Hussain Ali - See all my reviews
I got by with this adapter, during the time that I had Windows XP as my operating system. I say getting by but I expected much more if I am being honest. It is not a huge step up from a standard 150 mbs, though generally good quality video's on youtube or online film sites streamed quicker. Its performance is however is intermittent and much depends upon the quality and speed of your internet broadband. I have had to resort to using my old 150 mbs dongle and have given this one to my sister as she has a computer which supports the operating system this can be used at. Expected more... seller please make clearer that it does not work on Window's 8. I cannot however slate the seller as he/she was extremely helpful in delivering the item and client care was superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Technology working as it's supposed to, 7 Feb. 2014
Wow did that really just happen?! I followed the very simple instructions, and everything just works!
This seems to be a great little device (granted, at the time of writing, I had owned the device for approx. 10 minutes). I was really reluctant to buy an external wireless card, it's just one of those things that seems like a great idea, but never work.

I bought the TP Link WN822N for my desktop. I would have bought an internal wireless card but my graphics card covers with slot so I couldn't. For the time being I had an Ethernet cable running across the room, which is far from ideal.

The device arrived a little while ago, the picture is a very accurate representation of what you'll get. It's a little bigger than the palm of your hand and very neat looking. The little green square on the front is actually an LED to show you it has power. The 2 antennas stay up and the whole thing feels fairly well made for the money.

It couldn't be much simpler to install, you plug it in to a USB port, put in the disk, click on "install driver" and you're done. No trouble shooting or Googling odd error messages that no-one knows the answer to, just simple.

I cannot comment on the range really as the router is in the same room, but it has saved me from having to fix an Ethernet cable all around the room to get to the PC, so I'm happy.
There is a wire included, a USB -> Mini USB, which and approx 1m in length. Instructions are very clear and in English. It comes in a decent box which protects the device well (and that's before it goes into the Amazon box).
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to be free from a wired connection, the connection seems stable and it is finding more wifi connections than my laptop so I'm guessing its range is pretty good too. If you have thick stone walls, check other reviews to see how it performs before buying.

In summary, a great buy!