4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and just that little bit different.
It is wonderful to read a paranormal romance where you don't find yourself lumped with a dark, dangerous hunk for a hero and, for a heronine, a girl so wet you could use her as a mop. The story is gripping, the characters engaging and the romance is neither cliched or forced.

Published on 24 April 2011 by S. Gibson

2.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but...
Published on 19 April 2011 by A. Walker

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and just that little bit different., 24 April 2011
S. Gibson (Wokingham, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

My only criticisms are that the editing is at times clumsy, and that the ending seemed either rushed or forced. I genuinely feel the characters could stand well enough on their own without the need to tie up all of the loose ends.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this, and I look forward to reading the others in the series. I would certainly recommend this to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked this!, 19 April 2011
This review is from: The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
And I really didn't expect that much from it. Like other reviewers have said I was expecting a bog standard fantasy romance and this book does not deserve to be viewed in that way at all.
The author has created characters that I actually engaged with and I believed their 'love story'. The sex scenes are hot without being anatomically graphic. I suspect more time could have been spent smoothing out the plot - for instance when the heroine is kidnapped a 17 day journey is described in a couple of sentences. However I'm not going to quibble about plot when I enjoyed this book very much.
If you like hot other worldly romance with a bit of substance then I recommend this book to you. I'm off to buy the next one in the series :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but..., 19 April 2011
A. Walker "TRONKUL" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable read, unusal twist on a werewolf theme. But I did find the book rambled on and could certainly do with a good book editor having a go at it to improve things. Good characters, but main character Jasmine does grate after awhile. Ending to the book was badly written, it felt as if the writer had just got bored and run out of time/ideas. Worth a a read as it was free, but would have been upset if I had paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasing discovery!, 4 April 2011
This review is from: The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I have to admit, I was expecting this novel to be the usual type of storyline you get from paranormal romance. Everlasting instant bond, big burly hot man, shallow storyline and a quick happy ever after full of graphic romance.

I was very pleased to discover it managed to miss most of the cliches and came off as a deeper and decent read. The storyline was pleasing, the characters likable and overall it was worth the money and I'll even get the next in couple in the series. The only mildly negative I could find was the fact it turned a little too sci-fi for my liking, but thats personal taste and it wasnt strong enough to put me off finishing the book.

Overall - try it, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 20 April 2011
This review is from: The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Got this because it was free and really enjoyed. Good storyline and kept me hooked, couldnt put it down. Only negative is the ending, which seemed very rushed. Have started on another Darklands novel and enjoying that one too, so think i'll get them all. if you like paranomal / fantasy then give it a go, i don't think you'll be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecxellent Read, 6 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I was truly blown away by this book. If you like romance with a hint of fantasy, and vampires just aren't doing it anymore- this is the book for you. The authour builds characters very well, and you find yourself lusting over the male lead. The plot is not complex but by no means is it boring. Certainly worth the small price, will be reading it again in a month no doubt!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THIS BOOK, 22 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book so much I have just bought the second in the series. The Charmer is a lovely love story with a bit of a twist. The setting is literally out of this world and the two main characters are drawn together against their better judgement. Although it's not just as striaght forward as you expect. Well worth a read and especially since it's free!

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Fantasy Storyline, 1 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Was a bit cautious at first, but once you open your mind the storyline is unique and intersting. Very hot and steamy moments included :) Was just a bit dissappointed as the very last chapter seemed rushed, but overall a very good read in my opinion. Please do more :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it..., 21 July 2011
Amazon Customer (Bristol, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is way better than the current Darkland which is free (scent of danger).
Keilor and Jasmine are easy to relate to and you find yourself immersed in the darklands and learning alongside JAz.
It was free but i would have gladly paid for it as it left you feeling satisfied and curious about the other inhabitants of the darklands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 19 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book as a new kindle owner in a first time spree, in a flitter of excitement. This book did not dissapoint, although I feel currently the vampire and werewolf scence is being slightly over done this book offers a new twist. The charmer was a simple, easy going read with passion and bursts of emotion. I would recommend this book highly to someone who is looking to get hooked in to the dark lands world. I have just downloaded the next in the series and hoping this keeps the air of intrigue and excitement of its prepredecessor.

The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1)