on 8 February 2011
This item is exactly what i expected it to be. I use it for 2 hours on grey mornings and it does brighten up the place.
Also good as light box for when I go painting and decorating
on 27 February 2014
This light seemed to work for me as I believe I suffer from SAD. Sitting in front of the light for half an hour when I got up in the morning improved my whole demeanour for the day. And the price was better than most SAD lights.
on 10 December 2013
My partner bought the light box as I'm a right misery guts in the winter. It does work. I have it switched on for an hour a day and I feel so much better. I cannot detect any hum or flickering. I'm really pleased with it.
on 20 March 2012
I bought this as a complimentary therapy to help with my depression and I cannot recommend it highly enough. I used it throughout the winter and am very pleased with the results. I have never been a morning person, but now I have more energy throughout the day and I have a much easier time getting up and ready in the morning. My mood is more stable and I my sleep is better as well. Get one!
on 19 January 2014
This was recommended to me by a friend as I needed one and it's great. I put it on before i get up and keep it on while I'm having my breakfast and getting ready. I also put it on when I'm straightening my hair. It really brightens up the room on a gloomy day and makes it feel like its sunny :) even my dogs like it and often will lie right in front of it when it's on!
on 15 September 2013
Bought as a present for my daughter who suffers from SAD. She says it helps a lot. nice neat design which hangs on the wall and looks like a light fitting.
on 18 February 2011
What a difference it makes to have the light - my lounge is north facing and can be quite dark during the day, especially when the weather is bad, which makes the room quite depressing. The SAD Light (as I call it) makes the room so much lighter and I feel somehow energised. I also sleep better now. You need to have it on every day over a period of time but it is worth it. Another positive effect is that my eyes are not as sore as they were with the "ordinary" lights. I was so impressed that one of my colleagues at the office has hers on her desk, and our Facilities Manager has also changed my lights to a "SAD Light". The difference is noticeable. I was amased to discover that the neon light (there are two above me) are only 24 watts each, yet the output is so significant. Well done - I highly recommend this product. It changed my life.
on 15 October 2010
I suffer mildly from SAD and bought the light to help me through the drab autumn and winter months. It it easy to assemble and use producing a bright light which you have on when you are doing other things. Given the poor weather recently it has been a blessing.
on 11 June 2011
Quality item though bigger than it it looks in the advert. Some have mentioned humming but in all honesty what little there is fades into the background and is inaudible if you have a radio on anyway. Ordinary flourecent lighting is noisier in my opinion. Very quick transaction too Top marks.
on 21 January 2015
A wonderful light that helps me with my creative work and manufacturing particularly on those dark winter afternoons.I believe it does improve my well being particularly in the winter months around January when I can get very low.It has a wonderful bright almost white glow that radiates it's light over a fair area.I like it's design particularly it's mounting possibilities often over looked.It can be stood up with its retractable stand to the rear or wall mounted little hole at the rear top.I also love cooking with this light it's so versatile and well made.The bulbs have lasted over a year of a fair bit of use.