4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap alternative.
After buying so much makeup, I had nowhere to store it all, and the designer carry boxes just didn't cut it, so I got this........ JOKING :P Girls can have tool boxes too :)

Published 12 months ago by Miztress Sophie

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken
I have a crack on mine. Was going to wrap ot as xmas gift for my hun, but than i saw that the plastic top is cracked. Do I have any chance of switching it to normal one? :( Very unpleased!!
Published 8 months ago by Guncha

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap alternative., 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser (DIY & Tools)

True story: So After having to patch fences, mess about with heaters, buy spanners and Allen keys because flat-pack provided tools are pathetic, unscrew countless amounts of baby toy battery compartments,drill holes, put brackets up to put shelves up to put things on that toddlers can't put their inquisitive little fingers on - I had acquired more tools than would fit in the small plastic box that they lived in. My only option - Buy a man-box.

This seemed just as good as others valued at 80, so straight away I thought something is going to be badly done, but reading the bad reviews didn't phase me. They all seemed to be from people who couldn't even figure out how to latch the two compartments together (and I'm ACTUALLY blonde)

After comparing the good and bad reviews, I decided that it was worth the gamble (a 40 extra pound gamble if you're going by similar boxes by other brands). So that was that, I had bought this box.

It arrived, along with some other items I had ordered, in a plain cardboard box, so I didn't actually know it was the toolbox until I had taken it out - not like anybody needed to even know that information, but "F" it, if you're still reading this, well done you, a pat on the back is deserved.

The two compartments are a simple "stick one on top of the other" affair, and to release it there's a big yellow button. I could have probably figured out how to separate them without the big "PRESS HERE" stuff, I mean, it IS a button, but oh well, some people may need that? If you can't read then you might be stuck, but if you are this far in to this review, I'm going to question your claims of inability to read.

The bottom compartment is easily big enough for a couple of different sized hammers, large screw drivers, hacksaws, spanners, duct tape, a smaller spirit level and a wrench with sockets (that's what I have in there) and there's still a lot of space. The top compartment is the reason I'm knocking one star off, the plastic lid is brittle and thin, that will, at some point, get cracked. The separate sections of the top compartment are adjustable though, they are all separated by yellow plastic cards that can be taken out and moved around, so you can change it to suit your needs.This was good for me, as I'm keeping serious DIY tools in the bottom and computer tools and parts in the top (water cooler barbs/compression fittings, thermal paste, case screws, small screwdrivers etc.)

So for the price, it's great, I will only be using it around the house, so there's no real risk of damage to the top, therefore I expect it to last me a long time. I wouldn't buy it if you work on a building site, but then if you do, you probably already know what toolboxes are good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Large, 13 Mar 2013
Joy "I walk for miles listening to my books, ... (St. Albans, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser (DIY & Tools)
Be warned .. this toolbox is very big!! About twice the size of a normal easy to carry toolbox. Now that it's filled with our tools there's no way I (a woman) can lift it. However having said that, we have found it a permanent place in the garage and find it to be really handy because it holds every tool/spanner/DIY gadget that we own. It has loads of compartments and locks down easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 17 April 2012
Colin Banks (NW England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser (DIY & Tools)
Very good solid and well designed tool box. The top separates so that it can be carried separately if only small tools and components are needed on a job. There are lots of compartments for small bit and pieces in the top but still enough room for small screwdrivers, pliers and adjustable spanner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid box, 23 Feb 2012
S. Radcliffe "Nuclear Engineer" (Dursley, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser (DIY & Tools)
I liked it so much I just ordered a second one. It's a good robust box with strong clips. The removable lid lets you carry around smaller tools and bits and pieces while the base holds bigger stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser (DIY & Tools)
Good product for the price with plenty of room for tools and bits. strong construction, cheaper than the stores previously viewed at = very happy customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture now showing correct product, 14 Aug 2012
This review is from: Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser (DIY & Tools)
The box is very well made with good detail touches. BUT it is not as in the picture. The product arrived with the large lower section and the clear lidded small parts section only. If the item shown in the picture had arrived, I would definitely award this 5 stars due to its quality of manufacture. I'm now ringing customer services.....

Update....I've now been informed that this is a batch problem and is not a one off. The picture is still on display and in my view is deceptive and should be removed. I have been offered a refund (to Amazons credit) but it's a shame as I like the box.

If you have recieved a box in this condition ensure you let them know.

Further update..... Picture now showing the item i recieved. Now up'd my star rating as this box is very well made and carries all my electrical tools/equipment. I particularly like the lid ridges, which prevent small parts wandering around the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser (DIY & Tools)
Very pleased with the purchase. Solid toolbox, well designed adjustable compartments. Haven't found any faults yet. Easily fits in all my carpentry tools,screws etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser (DIY & Tools)
This item was well worth the purchase price. Excellent size and quality this product will hold many tools and be well used by receipient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband wants one now!, 28 Jun 2011
This review is from: Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser (DIY & Tools)
Bought this for our son who is moving to his first home later this year. Fantastic box with well thought out sections and ability to only carry the part you need to the place you are working in. Now my husband is envious...he wants one just like it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stanley 24-inch Tote With Organiser. A great Toolbox - but could be bettered with a little more thought behind it., 27 July 2014
This review is from: Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser (DIY & Tools)
Having received the Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser I was a little disappointed on two counts, which could have easily been remedied with a little thought.

1) The Handle cannot stay upright as pictured, which is very misleading.
2) The Tote has two slots for partitions for which a cardboard DIY template is supplied as you have to make them yourself. For the sake of two pieces of plastic, why not just include them & charge 50p more? Or even supply them as an optional accessory?

A little more thought behind it & I would have awarded a 5 Star rating as otherwise it's a decent Toolbox & the detachable Organiser is a great idea.

Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser