4.0 out of 5 stars Light read, more autobiography than comedy
I really enjoyed this book. It's more a story of her life and how she, and so many others, ended up in this yo-yo dieting mess. I wouldn't describe it as a comedy genre but it's an easy, light read and a few parts really jumped out as true of many women's battle with their size, and their mothers!
Published on 16 Jan 2011 by Duechristmas

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly recognisable
The more I read this book the more my eyes widened at the things I was recognising from my own life - some of the thought processes described, some of the reactions.

Published 23 months ago by Mrs. Deborah R. Barnes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Light read, more autobiography than comedy, 16 Jan 2011
Duechristmas (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining and thought provoking read, 27 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Real Me is Thin (Hardcover)
Arabella Weir gives an entertaining and beautifully honest account of her bittersweet relationship with food. Her body image issues will be recognisable to so many women, certainly myself and every woman I know. Gets to grips with why we're all so hung up on trying to be thin. A hugely enjoyable book. Comforting to know it's not just me then...

By the way, I could see no signs of airbrushing either!

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended, 9 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Real Me is Thin (Hardcover)
I loved this book. She uses her own experiences (funny and painful, often at the same time) to put her finger on exactly why so many of us are hung up about our size and how perfect life would be if only we could lose half a stone. I thought it was entertaining and thought-provoking without being in the least hard going. Couldn't detect any airbrushing either!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly funny and heart rendering., 25 April 2013
This review is from: The Real Me is Thin (Paperback)
A brave narration of a the huge effect our up bringing has on us. So many things rang true and drew a parallel with ones own life. Fantastic!

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly recognisable, 4 Sep 2012
Mrs. Deborah R. Barnes "Deb" (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Real Me is Thin (Kindle Edition)

Arabella Weir mainly describes the food-related parts of her life with humour but I did feel that sometimes the humour took on a darker, self-pitying edge. I don't feel it detracted much, though.

Overall I thought this book was fairly entertaining and good for a bit of light reading. I wasn't sure whether to give 3 or 4 stars, what I really wanted to give was 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars The real me is thin, 24 April 2014
This review is from: The Real Me is Thin (Kindle Edition)
A good read and wrote in a fun way. Didn't agree with everything in the book but was a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed, I cried, I identified., 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Real Me is Thin (Kindle Edition)
As someone who has always been "the plump one" and the girl who bemused her mother by not being skinny, I adored this book. I got a few laughs out of it, but at one point I actually put the Kindle down and cried my eyes out.

If you can't identify with this book, you've either never been fat or are lucky enough not to care if you are.

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest, funny, emotional, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Real Me is Thin (Kindle Edition)
A good read, honest, funny , emotional and true to life. I could identify with it! Enjoyable and thought provoking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm!, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Real Me is Thin (Kindle Edition)
Could not get into book and could not help comparing it to does my bum look big in this? It was an ok read.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Real Me is Thin (Paperback)
Read arabella weir does my bum look BIG in this . this is good but NOT as good as her other books good for the money does make you laugh at some parts

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›