5.0 out of 5 stars Ramblers view
Published on 27 May 2011 by Liz

3.0 out of 5 stars waterproof but not really breathable
Published on 22 Feb. 2011 by nevis

3.0 out of 5 stars waterproof but not really breathable, 22 Feb. 2011
done a review on this jacket a few weeks after purchasing it and at time was doing ok keeping rain out ,but was bad for making you sweat !after washing the jacket a couple of times and despite re-waterproofing water even the smallest amount was able to seep right through to inside,had to send back to amazon as not happy have had goretex things before and they never let water through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ramblers view, 27 May 2011
A husbands review-At 37 inch chest the medium is a good fit.The "longer" design is a good length and I am pleased that I did not go for the standard length as I am sure it would have been too short, the sleeves are long so do not ride up the arms during activity.I would advise any buyer to try this coat on in a shop before ordering, without having done this I might have wrongly ordered the small.The blue is a nice colour and came with a grey inner fleece which suited the blue outer. The fleece had a lining inside the sleeves this prevented seperation of the inner and outer when removing coat (the arms slide out of the sleeves easily).The finish on both garments is very good. In the cold of winter the coat was nice and warm and now in the spring/early summer the outer coat is light to carry or pack in a bag, it protects from a cool wind or sudden rain.The zipped chest pocket is large enough to carry a map and can be accessed without unzipping the coat. The coat is smart enough to wear for everyday activities such as shopping or popping down the pub. In conclusion I am very pleased with coat and consider it good value at the price offered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Jacket, 26 Nov. 2011
I was looking for a jacket in preparation for a trip to Scotland early next year. When I saw this jacket I knew I was going to buy quality and was not dissapointed. The jackect is very warm, but as it is a 3 in1 type you can split them up providing the right jacket for the prevailing conditions. A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value and versatility, 12 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Berghaus Mens Arctic Gemini Longer 3 In 1 Jacket (Sports Apparel)
I work at residential centres and need to be outdoors a lot, for long periods and whatever the weather throws at me. I guess I haven't had the worst of the winter weather yet but this coat has kept the wind out, kept me dry and the ability to remove the fleece makes it the only coat I need to pack. This is a great coat for my job, I have found that I get quite a good sweat on inside of it if I'm being active - jogging, building etc. which I have seen some people blame on the lack of breathability. I reckon it's very snug, warm, keeps the rain out and the funk in. Just take the fleece off!!!

Great coat at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very versatile and well made, 23 April 2013
Ordered both Cornice (long) and Arctic Gemini to wear over a suit. Both designs are very similar so returned the Cornice because if I'd ordered the removable fleece separately, it would have worked out more expensive. Arctic Gemini is shorter in length but suited my husband who's not very tall. In fact, fitted son-in-law who's 5'11'' so he nabbed it straight away and I had to order another one for my husband. Both very pleased with my selection.

If you are looking for a jacket to wear over a suit, this one or the Cornice fits the bill perfectly. My husband has taken the fleece (not the outer jacket) with him to Italy as the evenings there are still a little nippy. He has been wearing just the outer jacket over his suit in the UK, and is happy that he doesn't need to carry an umbrella, which he frequently loses.

3.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus quality, 1 Jun. 2013
Perfect product for the unpredictable weather.
Currently I tend to wear it when I walk to my work as it is light without the detachable fleece( if it is windy).Comfortable to wear &settles nicely over the body. I haven't tried it on the rain so far and I am awaiting to test it for the winter also.But I am optimistic that it will prove to be worth for the price.I used to be a Helly -Hensen fan but lately I was not happy with the zips in their jacket and hesitated when my wife persuaded to go for this.So far no regrets.
I will write about it's performance in the winter.
Unfortunately it did not hold it's quality for longer-In Berghaus brand also the zip failed to work properly hence I had to return it to the seller(Amazon was amazing in this area in arranging for a refund))Even now I miss it because,apart from the problem with zip,it was a good quality product-It is sad I had to return it .

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical, effective rain jacket and fleece combination., 16 Sept. 2012
The gore tex performance shell sheds rain very effectively, the jacket has a casual, comfortable fit, and the detachable fleece liner is warm and comfortable. Adjustments in the waist and hem effectively seal the jacket in cold windy conditions and the hood also adjusts to fit around the face. Zips run smoothly and appear to be durable. It can be difficult to seal the draft flap with the press studs especially when cold or wearing gloves, similarly the tabs on the front pockets are difficult to locate in cold and wet conditions. The outer shell does breathe but is not suitable to high exertion activities, and there is no capacity to vent the jacket when over heating, i.e. pit zips. Overall a very good jacket for my purposes ( walking, commuting, and gardening)

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply excellent, 20 Mar. 2013
Preacher Man (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I've owned this jacket since 2008, and used it as my usual jacket, albeit without the lining in. It's travelled to about ten countries ranging from temperate to arctic climates, and has laid on pub and nightclub floors for me. It's been about as perfect a jacket as I could have wished for. The only problems I've had with mine are that a) I'm now looking to re-waterproof mine as rain now seems to soak in rather than roll off, and b) the inside sleeve is frayed where my watch strap is.

Whilst I'm in no way a hardcore hiker, this jacket and I have travelled thousands of miles together, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another identical one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus jacket, 28 Dec. 2012
This is a brilliant jacket. Absolutely no faults at all. It can take everything the weather throws at it up here in the North of Scotland. Would definetly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Walker's Essential, 3 April 2013
So pleased ordered this garment before all this freezing cold weather descended on UK, lasting weeks on end.
Already had berghaus boots and fleece so decided to buy this jacket as was on sale. Strongly suggest you order
size larger than normal, as original fleece I had just about fitted when ordering my normal size. Does come with
an inner fleece fitted, lots of pockets to keep maps, doggie treats, leads, gloves etc.