5.0 out of 5 stars fulton birdcage umbrella
item just as described. I love umbrellas and this goes with so many items of clothing because of the different colours. Cheaper ones in the shops are a poor imitation and more garish in colour
Published on 26 Nov. 2011 by shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars EXPECTED BETTER
Published on 28 Nov. 2012 by NicNicTweety

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fulton birdcage umbrella, 26 Nov. 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars EXPECTED BETTER, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Fulton Birdcage-2 Women's Umbrella (Luggage)
This umbrella tore within a couple of days use. Where the strap comes around the brolly to hold it in place the strap is not quite long enough and as this was tightened to clip into the press-stud the strap came away from it's stitching resulting in a gaping hole. Unable to return as this was for a gift for my 11 year old daughter and was kept behind until the bad weather so out of standard return time. I had ordered two of these and the other design was out of stock but came just after this incident, really intrepid about using this one in case the same thing happens again. And although we look after our things feel that this one will go the same way as it's not a stitching fault but the fact that the strap is too tight to go around the brolly. This is not a discount umbrella and for the price expected better quality of workmanship from Fulton. (2 stars deducted)
Otherwise I can say that the brolly itself has a nice large dome which can fit a couple of adults under and the design is such that the rain drops onto the floor and not down your lower back. Nice clear plastic for viewing and seeing where you are going. Handle long enough so that you don't bash your head on the inside of the brolly and a nice shaped handle. The plastic material doesn't let any rain in and despite the hole this is still being used in the hope it doesn't get any bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good in the Wind, 25 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Fulton Birdcage-2 Women's Umbrella (Luggage)
I can't believe I paid this much for an umbrella. My normal ones are compact automatic jobs you can keep in your bag but I got fed up of battling the wind with them on the school run. Somebody bought my daughter a kids dome umbrella for her birthday and I realised (as my second one broke in six months) that she was having no problems at all. That's what made me part with £18 for an umbrella. But I don't regret it. You can feel the quality as you put it up and down, even if you do have to do it yourself! It's great in the wind and I'm hoping it last longer than my others. It's quite long when down so I wouldn't want to be carrying it around on the off chance of rain, but it's great for the purpose I bought it for, it hangs with the coats ready for blustery wet school mornings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 28 Feb. 2014
Very cheerful umbrella... colourful. I have not used it yet as it is a bit heavier, but look forward to the next high winds to give it a try. will comment again then

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 2 April 2015
This review is from: Fulton Birdcage-2 Women's Umbrella (Luggage)
I have owned this umbrella for a fair few years now and have had no issues with it whatsoever! Made of good quality material and is great at saving hairstyles from getting wet! The last birdcage umbrella I had before this broke after about three uses due to the poor (and cheap) quality of the materials. I wouldn't recommend using this umbrella in very strong winds however, but then I would say that with any umbrella as they generally don't last in those very poor conditions

4.0 out of 5 stars vision obscured by pattern, 18 Feb. 2014
It is a smart umbrella but not as practical as hoped.The pattern obscures vision quite a lot and I bumped into people. Quite dangerous crossing the road.

5.0 out of 5 stars you won't look a Wally with this brolly!, 2 Jan. 2014
K. R. Belshaw "Book badger" (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
Wonderfully stylish umbrella, strong in the wind deep set to keep you really dry. Excellent product, my wife adores hers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheery and practical, 17 Nov. 2013
A very sturdy umbrella,really good size to keep your head and shoulders dry. It will also keep the wind from whipping up inside like on a normal shaped brolly,so there will be no danger of those inside out silly moments,struggling to turn it back the right way round.
Colour is a lovely opaque muted pink with almost an ochre coloured top,which allows you to see safely where you are going without bumping into people.I "splashed" out on this as a long term investment as most of the bargain brollies end up in the bin with the spokes bent after a few uses.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice colour, 8 July 2013
Like this because brightens a dull wet day the yellow makes it look like the sun is trying to break through. Good size and seems strong. Ideal for those wet summer days

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 3 uses, 7 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Fulton Birdcage-2 Women's Umbrella (Luggage)
The joints in this umbrella are made of plastic, unlike the metal ones in many other umbrellas. I loved the design, but I was very disappointed to see one of the joints break when opening this umbrella only for the third time. The broken stretcher also punctured the umbrella.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›