Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 15 October 2010
`A' star stuff from The Bad Plus! Every track on `Never Stop' states TBP are back to their best. The previous album `For All I Care' did nothing for me whereas `Never Stop' proves TBP are better as a trio. All original TBP tracks on this new album giving a feeling they are evolving into the finest jazz trio around. Track one `The Radio Tower Has A Beating Heart' is a wonderful two section master piece. `People Like You' is another track to savour...
on 17 October 2011
The only down side of this album is the lack of a catchy Nirvana cover that really throws the rhythm or catches you unawares. But what I have loved about their albums is how the entire thing grows on me as I listen, and it is their way with music that comes across again and again, each time fresh.
on 13 October 2010
Typically recognisable collection of songs here from The Plus, their first album of all their own material, though varied, contains all the hallmarks of their previous albums. Fine instrumentation from the band - interjecting, sometimes tumbling, always entertaining, though I did miss their usual one or two sparkly covers on the album, but well worth adding to any Plus fan's collection.

The sound quality on vinyl is well up to standard and in places stunning, though overall it is let down by poor quality pressings, surface noise largely due to severe lack of quality control - scuff marks, pops and clicks all due to lack of care in the pressing/finishing department. Hope the band finds another maker who takes a little pride in their work and can do Bad Plus better justice on the vinyl front, I was put off buying their other vinyl release "For all i care" for this reason, but who cares, I am only the one buying their music, after all...though I hope I Never Stop.
on 23 December 2010
Very clever music making and rather an acquired taste - I think the cover photo explains what is going on perfectly.