5.0 out of 5 stars The Captain Scarlet of coffee-makers
Our highly excitable kitten Haggis (who saw off three of its predecessors) has been unable to destroy this cafetiere in the six months since we bought it. It also pours cleanly, goes in the dishwasher, and makes pretty tasty coffee. I recommend it unreservedly.
Published on 2 Nov 2011 by M. R. Gould

3.0 out of 5 stars plastic cafetiere
Cheap and the plastic bit is solid- we sem to break the glass ones very quickly...!
Pros- less likely to break.
Cons- you have to push the plunger down slowly otherwise the coffee spurts out over the top. Also after fairly regular use- 3 times a week for the last 6months, the mesh on the plunger, is starting to come away.
It can't be cleaned as easily as...
Published on 23 Oct 2011 by chris&em

3.0 out of 5 stars plastic cafetiere, 23 Oct 2011
This review is from: Eight cup plastic cafetiere with polycarbonate jug (1 litre).
Pros- less likely to break.
It can't be cleaned as easily as the proper glass design where you can completely dissassemble the plunger.
All in all its pretty good but don't think it will alst longer than the glass ones!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Captain Scarlet of coffee-makers, 2 Nov 2011
M. R. Gould (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars No more breakages!, 27 Oct 2011
Having gone through three glass cafetieres, that seem to break far too easily, I thought I'd try this plastic one. So far so good! Its well up to the job, holds a good amount and the plunger even seems better than others I have had before! Would highly recommend to anyone else who finds the glass one's a little too easy to break!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight good price!, 7 Mar 2013
I have broken several glass cafetieres so decided to try polycarbonate. It is very lightweight, but does the same job as my other cafetieres. The mesh part is different to the mesh in my previous cafetieres, which could mean it will last longer as it seems more enclosed (difficult to explain). The wirey edges usually weaken with time and become a little buckled but this may not happen with this one. I have no idea how it will fair in the dishwasher as my polycarbonate outdoor glasses all end up smokey looking as do my normal glass tumblers. The previous glass unit did not end up being damaged by the dishwasher. Overall would recommend. It is strange at first lifting it as it seems like it weighs nothing. Although this arrived on the last day of the estimated delivery it was a good deal slower than many products I order on Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbreakable?, 1 Dec 2012
I bought this cafetiere on the basis it was 'unbreakable', I was fed up with breaking glass ones. Within 6 weeks it has developed a crack and leaks. It certainly is NOT unbreakable as advertised. I would like to return it and get my money back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to glass, 17 Oct 2012
Having broken several cafetieres I was pleased to find this plastic one. It does not look plastic and it makes great coffee and I will be hard pressed to break it! It is easy to clean too. Just what I needed and at a competitive price.