Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 21 May 2013
This is an edited updated version of my recent Zyliss green vegetable peeler review.

I recently purchased the above lime green vegetable version then saw this offer for the pair sold together.

Whereas I'd previously deducted one star because the handle is a little too large & awkwardly shaped for small hands (my daughter of 12 had some problems with use) I've revised my feelings since it seems the larger oval shaped handle is somewhat safer and apparently suits arthritic fingers better. My only minor grouse is that the handle would benefit from a rubberised / non-slip surface.

Both peelers are excellent, attacking all kinds of veg and fruit with ease. The green veg version also shaves cheese strips effortlessly and the red one boasts a serrated edge blade for tackling both soft and hard fruit skin.

They contain a good sharp steel 'gouging' tip for removal of bad bits. The swivelling cutting blade is quite well forged compared with certain other peelers and I imagine is less likely to bend or snap. Protective plastic blade shielding snap-ons were also included.

The products are attractive, efficient and well made.

Purchased at £5.00 including delivery this offer is highly recommended, representing great value.

Unless you have tiny Pinocchio hands it's a sure-fire winner in the peeling stakes. Lol.
on 25 October 2013
The fruit peeler is really good - effective especially with soft fruit e.g nectarines. The blade is serrated and works well. The green potato peeler works well most of the time, however, it does tend to flip over. It's effective once once gets the blade to function at the correct angle. Bought these at a good price.
on 7 December 2013
My sister gave me a peeler that just outclassed any I had ever had, and suitable for left and right hand use. Wished I could get another, checked the handle and realised it was a zyliss, so I ordered this pair. They are even better than the one I had, sharp, peel thinly, great gouging end for potato eyes or blemishes. Very pleased, Just in time, because I've lost the original one I had (I think I tend to throw them out with the peels). So pleased with this pair I am ordering more, you can't have enough peelers to hand, I say. strongly recommend. Handle might feel strange at first if you are used to something thinner, but it well designed and soon comes to feel great, great grip for weak or sore hands too.
on 14 November 2013
I found that my partner damaged my peeler how I don't know .i just had to get a replacement found these and at a great price .sharp really handy to sue .don't get much waste when peeling .

on 17 June 2016
I wasn't expecting to like these peelers quite as much, I had to order a new one as my old one went in the bin with the potato peelings. I have small hands and am fussy about my veg peelers!
Very comfortable to use, if like me you peel towards you it's good to have something that fits your hand properly, VERY sharp, great bargain as you get 2, one serrated, first time I've owned one like this and not really sure what to do with it but am sure at some point the other one will probably get chucked out with the peelings and good to have a back-up.
Would definitely recommend.
on 24 November 2013
I bought these to replace a previous one (red serrated) which has lost its edge after ~7 years of good service. This double pack is a bargain, at the time of purchasing the 2 of these were 5 pence more than just the red one alone. The serrated blade works really well on soft fruit.
on 20 November 2012
Both of these peelers are great and really easy to use, but the soft fruit one has amazed me...I can now easily peel a tomato and a peach! I'm constantly peeling fruit and veg for my baby son, so these peelers have saved me so much time and hassle! Definitely recommend.
on 25 September 2013
I have the red, serated peeler and I can honestly say it's the best I've ever owned. It peels with ease and the serated edge leaves small grooves in the veg which make it much easier to cut with a knife (as the knife doesn't slip but grips in the grooves). Has been in dishwasher numerous times without problems. Highly recommended.
on 13 October 2013
An excellent potato peeler, very sharp. Large, fat, brightly coloured handle. My only complaint is that I am used to a slimmer handle, but it doesn't affect the performance. Better than any peeler I've seen outside New Zealand!
on 8 June 2016
Really pretty, good for the hand, quick on the job, cheap so i find them perfect. The red one for tomatos, the green one for vegetable skins

See one answered question