5.0 out of 5 stars Great Veg & Fruit Peeler
This is an edited updated version of my recent Zyliss green vegetable peeler review.

I recently purchased the above lime green vegetable version then saw this offer for the pair sold together.

Published 18 months ago by Mr. T

3.0 out of 5 stars I had a white handled Zyliss peeler before and loved it. These are not quite as effective and ...
I had a white handled Zyliss peeler before and loved it. These are not quite as effective and I'll be looking for the white one again as it was great. These struggle to peel oranges and limes .
Published 1 month ago by Liz Stewart

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Veg & Fruit Peeler, 21 May 2013
Mr. T (Cornwall, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zyliss Swiss Innovation Special Peeler Set Red and Green - E46505 (Kitchen & Home)

Whereas I'd previously deducted one star because the handle is a little too large & awkwardly shaped for small hands (my daughter of 12 had some problems with use) I've revised my feelings since it seems the larger oval shaped handle is somewhat safer and apparently suits arthritic fingers better. My only minor grouse is that the handle would benefit from a rubberised / non-slip surface.

Both peelers are excellent, attacking all kinds of veg and fruit with ease. The green veg version also shaves cheese strips effortlessly and the red one boasts a serrated edge blade for tackling both soft and hard fruit skin.

They contain a good sharp steel 'gouging' tip for removal of bad bits. The swivelling cutting blade is quite well forged compared with certain other peelers and I imagine is less likely to bend or snap. Protective plastic blade shielding snap-ons were also included.

The products are attractive, efficient and well made.

Purchased at £5.00 including delivery this offer is highly recommended, representing great value.

Unless you have tiny Pinocchio hands it's a sure-fire winner in the peeling stakes. Lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good i am ordering again, 7 Dec 2013
My sister gave me a peeler that just outclassed any I had ever had, and suitable for left and right hand use. Wished I could get another, checked the handle and realised it was a zyliss, so I ordered this pair. They are even better than the one I had, sharp, peel thinly, great gouging end for potato eyes or blemishes. Very pleased, Just in time, because I've lost the original one I had (I think I tend to throw them out with the peels). So pleased with this pair I am ordering more, you can't have enough peelers to hand, I say. strongly recommend. Handle might feel strange at first if you are used to something thinner, but it well designed and soon comes to feel great, great grip for weak or sore hands too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Zyliss Swiss Innovation Special Peeler Set Red and Green - E46505, 25 Oct 2013
The fruit peeler is really good - effective especially with soft fruit e.g nectarines. The blade is serrated and works well. The green potato peeler works well most of the time, however, it does tend to flip over. It's effective once once gets the blade to function at the correct angle. Bought these at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly effective!, 20 Nov 2012
Both of these peelers are great and really easy to use, but the soft fruit one has amazed me...I can now easily peel a tomato and a peach! I'm constantly peeling fruit and veg for my baby son, so these peelers have saved me so much time and hassle! Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great peelers., 7 Jan 2014
C. Lee (UK) - See all my reviews
I accidentally threw away my favourite Zyliss peeler and was so annoyed. Bought these as replacements. They feel different from my other peeler but equally as good.
Packaged as expected and arrived in quoted time. Cheers seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain double act, 24 Nov 2013
I bought these to replace a previous one (red serrated) which has lost its edge after ~7 years of good service. This double pack is a bargain, at the time of purchasing the 2 of these were 5 pence more than just the red one alone. The serrated blade works really well on soft fruit.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT !!!!, 22 Nov 2013
That is the best peeler I had ever used in my life and I used many, would definitely recommend that product.. very ergonomic grip and very sharp..

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 14 Nov 2013
I found that my partner damaged my peeler how I don't know .i just had to get a replacement found these and at a great price .sharp really handy to sue .don't get much waste when peeling .

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 13 Oct 2013
An excellent potato peeler, very sharp. Large, fat, brightly coloured handle. My only complaint is that I am used to a slimmer handle, but it doesn't affect the performance. Better than any peeler I've seen outside New Zealand!

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB!, 25 Sep 2013
I have the red, serated peeler and I can honestly say it's the best I've ever owned. It peels with ease and the serated edge leaves small grooves in the veg which make it much easier to cut with a knife (as the knife doesn't slip but grips in the grooves). Has been in dishwasher numerous times without problems. Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›