on 17 October 2009
Double CD "Top 10 Hits Of The Fifties", contains all the original hit recordings. 38 top 10 UK hits are featured on this two CD album, with 20 of them UK number 1's that spent a staggering combined total of 96 weeks in the top position!!

The tracks are taken from the year 1950 through to 1957 and includes the number one record from the very first UK singles chart of 15 November 1952 Here In My Heart - Al Martino (#1 for 8 weeks).

I purchased this CD to have good quality copies of tracks that I own on vinyl; I wasn't disappointed

For me the highlights are:-
Mr. Sandman - The Chordettes,
Rose Marie - Slim Whitman
Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes - Perry Como
Stranger In Paradise - Tony Bennett
Too Young - Nat "King" Cole

I was also very happy to see included A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine that until now, I only had on a very noisy 78 RPM

(The compilers have not added any rock and roll, presumably as it is available on so many other CD's)

All in all a nicely put together album, at an excellent price, that gives the listener a feel of what music was like in the golden fifties.
on 4 July 2011
Great music from the 50s. Good to just listen to or play at a party. Would recommend it.
on 1 July 2010
I wanted a variety of music for a golden wedding that was relevant to the year we were married. Everything I wanted was on this CD. Excellent value for money.
on 20 January 2012
Although the artists are not always the English version we remembered the songs are the ones we remembered, & it is nice to hear the words for a change not like todays so called stars.
on 25 May 2012
I bought this for my mother's 80th birthday and she loves it! The deciding factor was Paul Anka's 'Diana', which my mum bought as a 45 record when it was first released, but it has so many other good songs on it. She hasn't been too well lately and this CD has brought a big smile back to her face!
on 25 February 2012
I bought this disc to play when we celebrate the Queen's Jubilee. All the old hits brought back memories of my childhood. Recommended.
on 18 July 2012
Bought this and others as a present and the recipient was delighted. Nostalgia at its best.
Relaxing and easy listening.
on 28 January 2014
this is so fantastic ,all my faverites as im in my late 70`s this cd certainly brings back all those memories of the fifies =16 tons/ t.ernie ford/ the 4 aces/ eddie calvert/ johny ray/ and slim whitman -besides the love songs, in the forces i remember everyone in camp swinging to all of these songs, delivery was a day earlier than expected, has made my year,,you will not be disappointed
on 9 November 2012
This contains music that was around before I was born!! but because I listen to the double top 20 chart show on the radio knew quite a few of them. My favourite - Wheel of Fortune. Good selection of what was listened to in 'the good old days'. Pleased with this purchase.
on 5 September 2013
Great memories listening to this excellent c.d. Good value for money and very happy with my purchase. So good I ordered another for my Sister. Delivery was excellent.....only waited a few days. Would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys 50s music and reminiscing.