5.0 out of 5 stars Remembrance
Being a graduate of an English Literature degree I thought I had heard and read all the possible combinations of war poetry from the First World War and beyond. How wrong I was, I hadn't even come close! This is a superb and balanced mix of poetry describing the experience and remembrance of war through the twentieth century and beyond (though there is a bit of...
Published on 18 Oct 2010 by Ian

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect blend of Words and Music!
Published 5 months ago by Alan

5.0 out of 5 stars listen stop & think & remember, 5 Nov 2010
This review is from: We Will Remember Them (Audio CD)
this is an amazing cd you cant help but stop everything sit down & listen we have so many people to say thank you to a true tribute to amazing british people my dad was bomber command a pathfinder my youngest son is in the army air corp with apachie helicopters just back from afgan so proud of both but we must remember the civillians that kept peoples spirits up this cd sums up the whole picture "WE WILL REMEMBER THEM " this cd has made me feel very humble

4.0 out of 5 stars We will remember them., 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: We Will Remember Them (Audio CD)
Excellent selection of poems all beautifully read. Good for use in class to have professional reader. Enjoyed more than expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very emotive, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: We Will Remember Them (Audio CD)
Fantastic selection for this most emotive time of the year. Helps to keep a focus upon the sacrifice of the few - oh so many few - for the future generations.

4.0 out of 5 stars A salute, 12 Dec 2010
This review is from: We Will Remember Them (Audio CD)
I wasn`t sure about this one.....but needn`t have been concerned.
Beautiful, atmospheric and poingnant.Stand at the Menin Gate and you will understand.
A must for those who really care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poety and Music on CD, 12 Dec 2010
Sue Shaw "Sue" (Northumberland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Will Remember Them (Audio CD)
This is a gorgeous production and it's truly a joy to have poetry re-surfacing (Words for You was the first such genre) with appropriate musical background. Lovely to hear Richard Baker (with whom I grew up on early BBC newscasting). I loved it and duly bought several as Christmas presents for like-minded friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars MOVING, 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: We Will Remember Them (Audio CD)
I bought the CD for my 89 year old Mother, and of course to support the charity, but decided to play it myself before posting.
A very, very moving experience which brought a lump to our throats.
good to hear both traditional and modern poems included.
My Mother loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rememberance, 24 Nov 2010
Mr. G. Grimes - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Will Remember Them (Audio CD)
The latest addition to nostalgic reminders for those of us who have not experienced the real sacrifice made by so very many.
The compilation of poetry, traditional and contemorary, offers a more moving reminder in its words and the setting of the music.
Plus A fitting tribute to those who have served and a re serving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia for Poppy Day, 23 Nov 2010
This review is from: We Will Remember Them (Audio CD)

I was asked to buy this by my daughter, a serving soldier in the RAMC and who returned after a recent tour in Afghanistan, a changed human being. Our new generation of soldiers, is a chance for the rest of us to show our respect for those who serve so willingly now, and who did so before them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A serious recording, 6 April 2014
This review is from: We Will Remember Them (Audio CD)
This commemoration of World War 1 is serious in tone. It is not a collection of happy songs as the boys go marching off to war. Rather, it is a collection of poems and other literary works to commemorate and find some meaning that was the horrible slaughter of the Great War.

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect blend of Words and Music!, 28 Mar 2014
For remembrance this album should represent a perfect blend of words and music that really would give meaning to the act of remembrance. I love that the album is a recording of a continuous programme which really would do justice to the 90th anniversary year of the Royal British Legion. However, it is a shame that it was spoiled in two ways through what is basically sloppy editing:

Firstly, the continuous recording is spoiled by slight jumps (or gaps) in the programme as each 'track marker' is passed. This causes irritating gaps in the programme, spoiling the continuity of programme! (Modern editing processes are able quite easily to do away with this problem, as can be heard in albums such as the 10th anniversary recording of Les Mis)

Secondly: For anyone wanting to listen to a specific, single track, this again is spoiled by the 'track markers' being in the wrong places. Tracks are spoiled by starting either a short way into the recording, or by ending a after the beginning of the following track.

It is because these two 'blips' that I have only given 3 stars. If these were sorted, this wonderful programme would deserve the highest rating possible!

We Will Remember Them
We Will Remember Them by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2010)