on 7 March 2012
I've been using my new camera for one month now and it's a very nice camera! But the previous one (a Sony alpha 100) was nice at the beginning too and after a while I noticed dust on my photos, impossible to clean by myself ! The worst came when one day some buttons were blocked, preventing me to take photos. Then it became OK again and blocked and so on... That's why I bought the 580 hoping that ...
Concerning the 580 I really enjoy it, very clear, easy to use, very good quality with RAW pict. and complete software to develop them.
on 17 August 2012
This is one fantastic camera. I bought this to replace my Sony A100 which I have since passed on to my granddaughter. It came with a 18-55mm lens but I replaced it with the 18-200mm zoom lens from the A100. The camera produces very sharp images and has all the settings you would expect from a quality DSLR. It has a video setting which I find very useful particularly when used with the adjustable screen. The only feature which I cannot get to work properly is the Panarama function, but I use PhotShop to stitch images so it doesn't worry me. I had difficulty finding this camera as it has been superceded with a camera with the same features but has an electronic viewfinder which I hate with a passion!
on 26 July 2012
Been a Sony user for a few years starting with the alpha 100 then moved on to the 350 which I still have I bought the 580 which I use for wedding photography I find it an excellent camera with lots of good features would highly recommend it but shop around for prices.