5.0 out of 5 stars Back to form!
Published on 25 Oct. 2010 by Miss Jonesy

2.0 out of 5 stars Charlotte
Nothing like her past great music. She should have stuck to the classical side of music and not tried to go modern.
Published 22 months ago by Glenda D

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to form!, 25 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Back To Scratch (Audio CD)
I decided to buy the new offering from Ms. Church as I happened to be in the supermarket as they were being put out on the shelves. I listened to it on the drive to work and I have to say I was surprised (so much so that I am writing my first ever review!). I was a little disappointed with Charlotte's last album, I liked the melodies but I really felt that her voice was completely wasted on pop and on some songs it sounded a little odd. But on Back to Scratch she has really found her sound. Catchy, beautiful and melodic I loved every song on the album. I'm not an expert on music and my tastes can be pretty eclectic but I know what I like, and I like this! Her strong (but beautifully restrained) operatic voice balances out the acoustic style music perfectly; tracks like Snow really demonstrate just how soulful and pitch perfect she is. And Ruby is probably one of the sexiest songs I have heard recently!
Well done Charlotte!! You are certain to reassert yourself as a formidable singer and talented songwriter; if I ever see you out in Cardiff again I will definitely buy you a congratulatory drink!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgous new sounds, 29 Dec. 2010
Ms. M. Harris "Mary" (England, Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Back To Scratch (Audio CD)
I have always admired Charlotte Church, she has an amazing voice. So I was thrilled to see her perform on the Graham Norton Show, I loved her performance of that one track and so I bought the album. I wasn't disapointed. She has created a really unique and quirky sound, part rock, part pop and part folk. With all these elements put together she's created something really different and very beautiful and amazing, haunting and moving lyrics.
There's something for everyone and I will definitely be recommending it and continuing to listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Siren Indeed, 27 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Back To Scratch (Audio CD)
This is an album that only Charlotte could have made. Her wonderful voice covers enormous territory on this album, from the operatics of Honestly, through the stage theatricals of The Actors right to the other extreme of the infectious, clever pop vocals of Logical World. Her feeling for a song & growing prowess as a writer is clearly evident, setting this album aside from the production lines of the major labels. A brave move to release this through her own Dooby Records label, but the correct one. She has blown this listener away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 6 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Back To Scratch (Audio CD)
This CD is very fascinating. It has a tendency to grow on the listener. In the beginning, I didn't particularly care about it, but after listening to it several times, I realized that the songs are very good and it's difficult to forget them. Good job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful voice, 27 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Back To Scratch (Audio CD)
As usual, Charlotte shows off her wonderful voice in this new album. Not her previous classical style but new fresh songs. I ended up putting 8 of the 13 tracks on my mp3. "Snow" is my fav. If you're a fan of Charlotte this is a must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really beautiful album,, 30 Mar. 2011
Mrs. D. Guest (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 25 Jan. 2011
J. Morgan (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Back To Scratch (Audio CD)
I love each and every one of the songs on this album. It's different, it's not auto-tuned to hell or manufactured, it's beautiful, it's touching, and the songs are great to sing along to. I love that she didn't sign to a record label but produced the whole thing herself with her own money, which is why it sounds so good. An amazing album, not as pop as her last which is a good thing. Would defo recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars miss church excels again!, 29 Oct. 2010
Mr. Nathan Armstrong - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Back To Scratch (Audio CD)
after the brilliant "tissues and issues" which still remians one of my most played albums i could not wait to get my hands on this new and long await follow-up!

it does not disappoint!

the album opens with the title track and first single and what a great uplifting track it is! the chorus almost makes you go dizzy with its wurling vocals!!!

"unravelling" and "logical world" have the same great feel and i love them both.

the album is a total mixture of musical influences...the lazy jazz feel of "ruby" the semi theatre of "the actors" and the irish lilt behind "don't think about it" are great!

then the softer songs such as the soft rock of "we were young" and "the story of us" which shows off charlotte's amazing vocal range.

you also get a bit of 60's pop with "honestly" and a latin feel on "love drunk"

it is mixed bag but it works really well..i love it and anyone who loved the first album will love it - for me not as good as the first album but then i don't think anything could be!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Charlotte, 30 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Church Returns - On Top Form!, 3 Nov. 2010
Well,
Having bought charlottes previous Pop album "Tissues and Issues" and loved it, i heard her single "Back To Scratch" on youtube, and fell in love with her new sound!

Since hearing this single alot online, i decided to listen to a few snipets of the tracks on her awaited album, and was convinced this was worth buying.

Indeed it was, she really shows off her vocals on this Pop/folk album, and im dissapointed she only charted Number 23 in its first week of sales!! she deserves much more, and with now the announcement of another single to be released "Logical World" hopefully this will boost the albums promotion and give charlotte her well deserved Top 10 for this cracking album,

I like all of the songs, they all grow very quickly on you, and i really enjoy this album, and have been listening to it over and over, since its delivery today!

Worth a buy ladies and gentlemen :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Back To Scratch
Back To Scratch by Charlotte Church (Audio CD - 2010)