5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!
My son got both the Wii and DS Dr Who games now...Yeah he is a big Dr Who fan,lol! He loves that sonic screwdriver and is really loving this game. He is so happy that the DS and Wii games aren't the same game. Plays the DS in the Car and gets home and plays the Wii one. A must buy for any Dr Who fan!
Published on 21 Nov 2010 by cachurra

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst game I have ever played in over 25 years
I have been playing video games since 1984. I have played more games that I could care to count on everything from ZX Spectrums, to SNES, to Playstations and Xbox's. I have played some truly great games as well as some utter rubbish, but this game, is without any shadow of a doubt, the worst, most abhorrent, hateful piece of software it has ever been my misfortune to...
Published on 26 April 2012 by RNE02

5.0 out of 5 stars Help!!!, 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii) (Video Game)
Does Any one know if this will work in the US? We are sooo left out here when it comes to DW Thanx!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Less fun than a giant maggot., 24 Jan 2011
D. Davies - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii) (Video Game)
We didn't have particularly high expectations for this. A TV tie-in, that was announced and released in a relatively short space of time. But it is hard to believe how poor this game is. We must own twenty or thirty games for the Wii, and this is the worst. Poor graphics are formatted for 4:3 screens, so even with the Wii in 16:9 mode, you'll have to choose between a picture that is stretched horizontally, or with black bars on the side, on your widescreen tv. The game seems to be a series of puzzles - nothing complex - find the way to the door, find a red crystal, point and shoot, move a ball through a maze...etc. After a few minutes of being alternatively bored and bemused by it, it crashed the Wii. And perhaps we've been lucky...but i can't recall that ever happening before with anything else. Poor effort. Dare I say, Doctor Who fans will be better off with the games on the BBC website?

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even very good for Dr Who fans, 23 Jan 2011
This review is from: Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii) (Video Game)
Sorry, as a huge Dr Who fan my daughter really wanted to love it, but try and try again she just can't, it's plain dull.

Far too laborious and slow, really poor effort for a modern day consul game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Bad, 6 Jan 2011
This review is from: Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii) (Video Game)
It's not uncommon for a game tied to a movie or television show to be poor quality, as sales are practically guaranteed to the film or show's fanbase. However, this is the first Wii game I've seen where I'm struck by how much lamer it is than any *Gamecube* title I have played, in terms of smoothness of controls, graphics details, and possibilities for fun. I'm surprised that there are positive reviews for even children playing this game, as I would have fallen asleep playing this when I was younger. Like another reviewer mentions, there are plenty of browser-based Flash games that are superior in terms of fun, controls, etc... The developers of this title should apologize to the Doctor Who license holders, the purchasers of the game, and the actors for wasting their voice time on such a poor product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for my son!, 21 Nov 2010
This review is from: Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii) (Video Game)
My eight year old son and I like this game very much. We both love Doctor Who and we both love Daleks. We often play together on the Wii so this was ideal for us, video games are a great way for us to bond. Doctor Who Return to Earth is easy and fun to play and pitched just right for the young age group.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Poor....., 20 Nov 2010
This review is from: Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii) (Video Game)
I'll keep this brief - this game is abysmal - no it's worse than that but I can't find a adjective intense enough to describe the bad taste this game has left in mine and my 3 kids mouths (aged 4-12).

Even if you are a die hard Doctor Who fan (like me) your heart will sink when you start to 'play' through this game.

It will sell by the bucket load though solely due to the 'Doctor Who' name alone but this will result in many tears at Xmas and kids asking their parents if they still have the receipt so they can swap it for something else!

Look at the recent reviews i.e. from the Official Nintendo Magazine - 19 out of 100, other reviews so far have been on average 2 out of 10.

My advice is read the reviews before you buy and don't buy it just because it has the words 'Doctor Who' in it - this will be your first mistake beleive me!

Another wasted opportunity I'm afraid - a shoddy terrible game made by talentless greedy software developers aiming at the Xmas market who obviously have no love for the show or it's fans, only their bank balance as they watch the cash come flooding in.

Avoid!

5.0 out of 5 stars Long car journeys with kids!, 22 Nov 2010
This review is from: Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii) (Video Game)
As all parents know long car journeys with children can be hell. Not so for us any more - just get the latest Dr Who and all is plain sailing. Sonic screwdriver lovely!!

1.0 out of 5 stars A Possible Christmas Ruiner, 20 Nov 2010
N. Stewart - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii) (Video Game)
Frustrating, poorly made, alright-looking for a Nintendo 64 game from the '90s.

There are bad games out there, but this one is so terrible that it will make you angry. If the ratings for this year's Christmas special are down, it's because kids have unwrapped this in the morning, played it for the absolute maximum of an hour that it's possible to, and then loudly proclaimed "I don't like Doctor Who any more".

A shoddy, cynical cash-in that is a horrendous misstep by the BBC. Everybody who signed off on it should be ashamed.

Who fans have a reputation for hyperbole, but in this case it'll be justified. Not for the insult to me and my fellow geeks (we've paid more for far worse) but for the unforgivable attempt to pass this off to parents as something any child could enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars but it hast to be amazing.., 12 Dec 2014
Petford (Drimoleague) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii) (Video Game)
Havnt played it yet ... but it hast to be amazing.... its the doctor

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 18 Dec 2010
This review is from: Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii) (Video Game)
This game was a real let down even to a die hard dr.who fan like me. The game was nothing like the adventure games that are available on the net by BBC enterprises. The graphics belong the the 8 bit era and the gameplay is repetitive and unimaginative. I sold my copy on eBay and bought goldeneye instead.

Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii)
Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii) by Asylum Entertainment (Nintendo Wii)