Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Norton is a name that has set the industry standard for a number of years and whilst a lot of people just go for the antivirus, they at times, forget to protect themselves from the dangers of online hacking.

Norton offers safety, regular updates and above all else allows the user to have peace of mind against a number of attacks.

The price is perhaps the only sticking point for some people but if you have to get a reboot, well its a lot cheaper to have the protection than without. Finally add on that instead of just the one machine you can protect three then it works out at a pretty good deal for all the family.
on 22 September 2014
I encountered no problems with the installation and use of this product -- or its later variants -- on any of my machines, none of which have ever shown any indication of disruption due to a virus. I think it's a safe bet to assume that Norton Internet Security does want it says on the tin.

Chris Allen is a Technical Author and writer with the following books available through Amazon:
His latest crime novel: Parallel Lifetimes
The Beam of Interest: Taken by Storm
Hypnotic Tales 2013: Some Light Some Dark
Call of the Void: The Strange Life and Times of a Confused Person: 1
on 4 April 2011
I use Norton to block specific Web sites from my children. Unfortunately, I recently discovered that urls I have added to the blocked sites list under Parental Controls are still accessible. I now wonder what else doesn't work as I thought it did. A security product that doesn't provide basic security is just not worth the risk so I'll be switching to something else.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I upgraded from Norton Internet Security 2010, and the process was relatively quick and painless at just 15 minutes or so to complete. It's the same trusty Norton protection, which runs fairly imperceptibly in the background. They have messed around with the interface a bit, which now looks a bit uglier, although all the expected options are there and nothing is too hidden if you want to tweak settings manually yourself. In the interface there's now a flashy world map which shows how many threats are coming from cities on each continent, although this info isn't particularly useful - just a bit of eye candy.

If you're coming to Norton Internet Security for the first time, you'll find all the protection you need here - top-notch virus protection (I haven't had any virus problems at all since using Norton), excellent firewall, and all those useful extras like browser / URL checking (the safe site feature in Google gives particularly helpful information), password security and parental controls. For features and reliability, it's hard to beat this product.

What disappointed me though, was the fact that my previous unused days from my antivirus subscription with Internet Security 2010 didn't carry over - I had a fair few left, and they didn't get added to the 366 days that come with this product. I'd have expected the remaining days to be added, especially since registration requires you to link your existing Norton account to the product (or create a new one). Seems a bit stingy if people have purchased a year's virus protection with the previous product, only to lose any remaining days by upgrading.
VINE VOICEon 17 November 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Same old Same old with this item

I buy Norton every year because I realise how important it is to have up to date internet security.

It does always make my laptop quite slow and scans take forever.

However a good buy for the price.
on 1 October 2011
Excellent product again.
I've used Norton products for 10 years.
Easy to install and use.
Remove the previous anti-virus programme on your computer before installing another.
Don't renew online after the one year - purchase the newest version on disc and manually install because it works out much cheaper this way.
on 17 April 2012
Only managed to get this loaded on to one computer,with having to unload and reload due to it causing problem, I lost drives for my disk drive on the two computers I loaded it on and then had to remove it, Norton never again.
on 15 June 2011
bought this as norton wanted twice as much to update on line my license, doesnt make sense to renew online when you can by new copy cheaper, there must be something for norton to think about to keep customers??????
on 9 June 2011
I bought Norton security recently and I am happy so far, its 100%++++ better compared to Kaspersky internet security which I was using for years, but not any more!!!!!!

This year Kaspersky let me down seriously bad, their soft ware malfunctioned and was not protecting me at all when I was on the internet, I complained to Kaspersky but they did nothing about it, their customers service telephone number is an expensive 0871 number, and I was charged a huge bill for waiting in a queue and my call never got answered in the end and I had to hang up or incur huge telephone costs. Also Kaskersky is very basic. Norton is a much advanced product and the price is reasonable too.

Norton is far more up to date, more reliable, there are features to quick scan your computer which is very useful including a lot of other features not on Kaspersky. Also Kaspersky often conflicted with other programs on my machine which Norton does not do. I was wasting my money with Kaspersky!!!!

Also customers services with Norton is a free phone number, I was over joyed about this, so if you get into problems you will not be charged at all with Norton.

For me Norton is Fabulous so far and I do not plan on going back to Kaspersky ever!!!!!
on 13 September 2011
Until this year Norton has been the only AV product I have ever used - and I have been an active internet user from the beginning.

I tolerated the resource hunger displayed by Norton and have always recommended Norton to my friends. When I logged onto my Norton account to renew the annual subscription this year I was shocked to find that a renewal was priced 50% higher than a new license!(and compared to this offer the renewal price of £65 is almost triple the new cost!) I spoke to customer support who confirmed this - with the justification that Norton considered the fact that a renewal 'allowed' users to save their settings and this benefit was worth a much higher cost!

Symantec needs to take a hard look at the market - the high street banks and most - if not all ISPs provide FREE anti-virus (generally Kaspersky or McAfee - full retail versions). So my recommendation is - there is no longer a need to pay for antivirus and web protection - ditch Norton and get the free AV from your bank or ISP.