Top critical review
9 people found this helpful
on 8 April 2013
I have been using this bag for a week, and I'm not finding it as good as others have described, for the following reasons:
1) It's not quite big enough. With a few disposable nappies, a couple of muslins, a change of baby's clothes, my purse and the gear I need for formula feeding, it's over-full. Once my baby's old enough to need a couple of toys while out, I will need a new bag.
2) There is no shoulder pad on the shoulder strap, which means it just keeps slipping off the should when carried
3) There are no internal compartments, only pockets. What I really need is internal sections to keep nappy stuff separate from feed stuff separate from other misc bits and bobs. The internal pockets are too small to hold much at all.
4) The external pockets gape and it's easy to lose things out of the them. The large pocket on the back is meant to close with velcro, but with just a muslin in it it's too full to close. The front pocket closes with a magnetic clasp, but a slight knock on the clasp and it comes undone. The side pockets just gape, when I would have expected them to have an elasticated top to grip or close.
5) The change mat is really poor quality. It's absorbent when it should be wipe clean. I've used it once for a nappy with poop, and I've had to put it in the wash. But there are no washing instructions.
But it was cheap, and it looks good, hence the 3 stars. You get what you pay for. But when I need something bigger, I will pay more for better quality