TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 January 2008
Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons rock! This group was a few years ahead of my time, so while I was familiar with their music it I have to admit to not being a huge fan, nor knowing much about the group's history until I saw the musical in Seattle last week. Now I'm hooked! While this recording is a studio version and not from the live show, the songs are spot on and you'll feel like you are right back there watching the musical again. You will find yourself humming the songs from this CD long after you've put it away.

The show tells the story of Frankie and group from their early days in New Jersey struggling to make it as a group, to hitting it big, and through a troubled financial period until inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I understand that The Jersey Boys is coming to London soon and is well worth taking the time to see it.
44 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2010
Bought this CD last week from Amazon and to say I am delighted with it would be an understatement. I have seen the London stage show twice and thought it was brilliant and this CD is just like being there. It doesn't really make any difference that it is the Broadway show. It is just as fab. Well worth listening to.
on 6 August 2008
Having just seen the Jersey Boys at the Prince Edward Theatre in London I can thoroughly recommend this CD as a fabulous memento of the show! Yes its the American cast and perhaps it would have been nice if it had been a live recording of the cast performing the show- on the other hand the sound is chystal clear and the snatches of dialogue bring the show's atmosphere into prominence.
I must admit while I am old enough (late 50s)to have known the Four Seasons first time around, there was so much competition from the Beatles, Stones, Who, Byrds, Dylan etc and then the US West Coast pyschedelic era that I didn't fully appreciate them then- although I have always liked their classics such as "Sherry" "Big Boys DC" and "Rag Doll". But I have to thank the show- performed by an excellent British cast- for bringing the group fully to life for me for the first time and introducing me to some of their hits I had not heard before, especially "Come on Marion" a real show stopper when done live on stage.

So although I already have a not fully-comprehrensive greatest hits CD and will be buying the new and superior Rhino 2-CD set issued earlier this year, I could not resist shelling out for the Jersey Boys CD. I will continue to enjoy listening to it I am sure for many years to come.
But if you like the group and want a wonderful evening out go and see the show first!
on 18 October 2008
These guys were way before my time and if it were not for a mistake in the ticket office I would have seen another show - how lucky I was!!

Having just returned from Chicago and having seen the show I am delighted to be able to skip back in time by listening to this great cd.

Buy the music and SEE THE SHOW, it's fantastic...whatever your age!
on 22 November 2011
Went to see the show in London 19 November 2011, absolutely magnificent, even if you are not a "Four Seasons" fan. The CD is one of the best I have ever purchased, it has everything, the show was even better,I didn't realise how good these guys were, Franky has a magnificent voice, and the Jersey Boys capture it with precision, its almost as if he is there singing it himself, its that good I have purchased five CD's for xmas presents. What more can I say....Paul C
on 5 September 2011
I have seen the show and the cd is everything I could have wished for, I relive every minute of the show each time I hear the cd.
on 12 April 2010
If you've seen the show and loved it then you MUST buy this album.
It takes you right back to the front row of the theatre. Fantastic!!!

Don't worry that it's the original NY cast, they are every bit as good as the London Jersey Boys LOL
on 18 July 2007
I saw this show in San Francisco in March 2007 and it was absolutely amazing. Rumour has it that the show will come to London in 2008 and boy do we have something to look forward to!! :)

The show follows the creation of the legendary Four Seasons. How four New Jersey guys ended up as one of the worlds greatest bands. The show is divided into four sections (or Seasons... get it?) and tells the story of the Four Seasons from each members viewpoint. The story of the four Seasons is told with just the right mixture of humor and seriousness and accompanied by their greatest hits such as Sherry, Bye Bye Baby, Walk like a Man, Big Girls Don't Cry and many more wonderful songs.

You'll enjoy this CD even if you haven't seen the show. But GO SEE THE SHOW WHEN IT COMES TO LONDON!! You will love it :P
on 9 March 2010
Tickets for the show was part of a birthday present for my wife which was absolutely brilliant. So I bought this CD as a reminder of the show. This CD is absolutely spot on. Full marks.
on 23 October 2011
This was very well produced. The cast members sound very much like Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons; probably as close to the real thing as your going to get. The selection of songs is great. I like the fact that there is less dialogue mixed into the tracks than a typical Broadway cast recording. If you're a fan of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, or the show Jersey Boys, you should really enjoy it.

Jennifer K. Lafferty