5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable memento!
Published on 6 Aug 2008 by Roger Murray

2.0 out of 5 stars poor sound quality
disappointed with quality, should have realised as it is original cast recording, ended up purchasing The Defininitve Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons cd
Published 17 months ago by Mrs. L. Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable memento!, 6 Aug 2008
Roger Murray (UK) - See all my reviews
Having just seen the Jersey Boys at the Prince Edward Theatre in London I can thoroughly recommend this CD as a fabulous memento of the show! Yes its the American cast and perhaps it would have been nice if it had been a live recording of the cast performing the show- on the other hand the sound is chystal clear and the snatches of dialogue bring the show's atmosphere into prominence.
I must admit while I am old enough (late 50s)to have known the Four Seasons first time around, there was so much competition from the Beatles, Stones, Who, Byrds, Dylan etc and then the US West Coast pyschedelic era that I didn't fully appreciate them then- although I have always liked their classics such as "Sherry" "Big Boys DC" and "Rag Doll". But I have to thank the show- performed by an excellent British cast- for bringing the group fully to life for me for the first time and introducing me to some of their hits I had not heard before, especially "Come on Marion" a real show stopper when done live on stage.

So although I already have a not fully-comprehrensive greatest hits CD and will be buying the new and superior Rhino 2-CD set issued earlier this year, I could not resist shelling out for the Jersey Boys CD. I will continue to enjoy listening to it I am sure for many years to come.
But if you like the group and want a wonderful evening out go and see the show first!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss the music or the show!!, 14 Jan 2008
Misfit (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons rock! This group was a few years ahead of my time, so while I was familiar with their music it I have to admit to not being a huge fan, nor knowing much about the group's history until I saw the musical in Seattle last week. Now I'm hooked! While this recording is a studio version and not from the live show, the songs are spot on and you'll feel like you are right back there watching the musical again. You will find yourself humming the songs from this CD long after you've put it away.

The show tells the story of Frankie and group from their early days in New Jersey struggling to make it as a group, to hitting it big, and through a troubled financial period until inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I understand that The Jersey Boys is coming to London soon and is well worth taking the time to see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous CD just like reliving the stage show in London, 4 Oct 2010
Bought this CD last week from Amazon and to say I am delighted with it would be an understatement. I have seen the London stage show twice and thought it was brilliant and this CD is just like being there. It doesn't really make any difference that it is the Broadway show. It is just as fab. Well worth listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars not to be missed!, 18 Oct 2008
Christopher Healy "zeetpetite" (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
These guys were way before my time and if it were not for a mistake in the ticket office I would have seen another show - how lucky I was!!

Having just returned from Chicago and having seen the show I am delighted to be able to skip back in time by listening to this great cd.

Buy the music and SEE THE SHOW, it's fantastic...whatever your age!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!!! Love it!!, 11 Sep 2009
I watched this muscial in London few days before I bought this CD. Jerseys Boys is about a true life story of Frankie Vallie and The Four Seasons, an American pop and rock band formed in the 1960s. The songs are absolutely amazing! Highly recommended for those who love 60 and 70s music and of course the fan for The Four Seasons! Love it very much! Have been listening to this CDs for several times. Buy it and enjoy it!!! You will never regret!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing music and great show!, 18 July 2007
Heidi Lock (Denmark, Copenhagen) - See all my reviews
I saw this show in San Francisco in March 2007 and it was absolutely amazing. Rumour has it that the show will come to London in 2008 and boy do we have something to look forward to!! :)

The show follows the creation of the legendary Four Seasons. How four New Jersey guys ended up as one of the worlds greatest bands. The show is divided into four sections (or Seasons... get it?) and tells the story of the Four Seasons from each members viewpoint. The story of the four Seasons is told with just the right mixture of humor and seriousness and accompanied by their greatest hits such as Sherry, Bye Bye Baby, Walk like a Man, Big Girls Don't Cry and many more wonderful songs.

You'll enjoy this CD even if you haven't seen the show. But GO SEE THE SHOW WHEN IT COMES TO LONDON!! You will love it :P

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll play it over and over again!, 12 Nov 2008
I saw the show in October, The Four Seasons were way behind my time but the show and this recording are what will bring the band's great music back and to younger generations. The soundtrack is one of the best cast recordings I have ever heard, I play my favourite songs from it everyday and dance around like a loon!

It has an amazing feel good factor to it, they sound a lot like The Four Seasons but there's a freshness about the music too which coming from a younger generation appeals to me more than the original recordings of Franki Valli and The Four Seasons.

Go and see the show, it's having amazing runs everywhere and I've just heard it's come to London, I'll be booking my ticket to see it there next time I go!

Buy this because it's simply brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 5 Sep 2011
I have seen the show and the cd is everything I could have wished for, I relive every minute of the show each time I hear the cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jersey Boys CD, 7 May 2011
Bought this CD last week from Amazon for Nannie Rene, and to say she is delighted with it would be an understatement. Having seen the London stage show and thought it was brilliant, she wanted a memory of the show. This CD is just like being there, it doesn't really make any difference that it is the Broadway show. It is just as fab. Well worth listening to, now on her MP3 as well for those long walks.The Jersey Boys Original Broadway Cast Recording

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like being at the show again !!!, 12 April 2010
Andrew Moore - See all my reviews
If you've seen the show and loved it then you MUST buy this album.
It takes you right back to the front row of the theatre. Fantastic!!!

Don't worry that it's the original NY cast, they are every bit as good as the London Jersey Boys LOL