5.0 out of 5 stars mcnab does it again

3.0 out of 5 stars low life expectancy
Published on 23 Jan 2011 by Nick Brett

3.0 out of 5 stars low life expectancy, 23 Jan 2011
Nick Brett (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The latest Nick Stone novel starts in an interesting place. Stone has finally made some money and is enjoying a penthouse flat and a very nice car. Sadly he hears some bad news from a doctor which suggests he may have less time to enjoy himself then he anticipated. He therefore decides to `go out with a bang' and accepts a job from the Security Services to track down the daughter of an arms dealer that has gone missing.

Stone enlists girlfriend Anna to help him and they are soon swept up in the word of people trafficking and an awful lot of bad guys.
The majority of this is very strong as Stone follows the tracks of the missing girl (although why he is not provided with a weapon at the appropriate time felt a little odd) and generally the plot held together well. Having said that the over-arching plot about why the girl is wanted and the link into a previous Stone mission didn't work at all and that pulled me down from four stars into three. What could have been very good indeed ended up just being `okay'. But I suspect McNab fans will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars mcnab does it again, 3 Dec 2010
I have read all of the nick stone novels and absolutely love the bloke !! Dont ever kill him off Andy please. I get the book on the first day of release and dont put it down if i can help it till its done- usually the next day. What am i gonna do till the next one ? Probably read it again ! I am a woman in my 50,s so dont think andy mcnab books are just for men, they really are not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Action Packed Fictional Commentary on the Modern Day Battlefield, 26 Aug 2011
I took this to read on the beach and must admit it was a page turner from the first page to the last. I've read several of Andy McNab's Nick Stone series and, personally, I prefer the battlefield based sections of these books. Generally McNab's books are good but I prefer the action sequences, preferring to read Faulks, Forsyth or le Carre for the spy stuff... In this book McNab didn't disappoint. Most of the book is set on the battlefield with some chapters dedicated to the parallel and interwoven lives of the loved ones left at home. Having not been to war I can only take McNab's descriptions of what it is like at face value, but he does it in a very descriptive and emotional way which allows you to almost feel you are there.

Obviously he has crammed probably the experiences of an entire army into the 6 months of one platoon's posting, but then it is fiction and it makes for heart stopping action...

Recommended if you like war fiction... Even the wife enjoyed reading this one...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Nick Stone Yet, 16 Dec 2010
Being a fan of the Nick Stone books, and in fact McNab's books in general, I was looking forward very much to this new instalment. I won't give the plot away for those who have not read it yet, suffice to say that it rattles along at a very quick pace and you can almost feel the bone crunching action. In this book I found it easier to relate to Stone- previous books have seen me skim over the "sentimental" parts (couldn't be doing with all that Kelly business!)- and I found myself empathising with him.
As always, McNab seems to have blended fact and fiction together, which served to keep me intrigued and turning the pages. There is a lovely twist at the end, but I won't say too much about it.... I finished this book in a couple of days as I literally couldn't put it down.
In all, highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 11 Jun 2011
Parm (A bookshop near you) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Switch your brain off, sit back, open a beer/ pour a cuppa what ever floats your boat, kick back and enjoy the ride.
that sums up this and almost all of Andys books, You get your usual slice of action pace thrill and adventure, im not really sure what else anyone would be looking for when they purchase a title like this.

You get plenty of Bang for your Buck, but dont look for high brow! Totally enjoyed it for what it was.
(Parm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nick Stone, 2 Dec 2010
Gary (Stoke on Trent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zero Hour: (Nick Stone Book 13) (Kindle Edition)
Excellence from McNab, i cannot get enough of the Nick Stone novels. I have read them all and this one is as good as the rest. The only thing that comes close is Ryans Geordy Sharp novels, also a must read. I just hope my favourite charactor never gets killed off and McNab continues to write such excellent material.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zero hour is excellent, 5 Sep 2014
This review is from: Zero Hour: (Nick Stone Book 13) (Kindle Edition)
This is typical Andy McNab and its excellent, his books not only entertain me from front to back his attitude and practical cold get on with what's going on now and don't worry about what you can't change until you can change it, is a valuable life lesson we could all do with learning, right, next one please Andy I can't put them down mate!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Great read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun 2014
Husband loves all his books

2.0 out of 5 stars What a drag, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Zero Hour: (Nick Stone Book 13) (Kindle Edition)
Eventually gave up, at 49%.

Everything about the book is just dreary. Nick Stone was interesting in earlier books but, in this book, he, the girlfriend, the people, the locations are just sooooooooooo bleak, boring and dull. I honestly couldn't care less if the girl they were trying to find, the hero or his chain-smoking girlfriend don't survive - normally you need someone to root for but not in this case.

Zero Hour: (Nick Stone Book 13)