5.0 out of 5 stars CHEAPEST YET BEST

Published on 2 Dec. 2012 by Igor

5.0 out of 5 stars CHEAPEST YET BEST, 1 Dec. 2010
Y. COLE (WITSHIRE, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock (Kitchen & Home)
HAVING HAD A SIMILAR CLOCK BUT WITH A GREEN BAND AROUND IT I WAS IMMEDIATELY IMPRESSED BY THIS ONE HAVING A MUCH NICER LIGHT WOOD LOOK TO IT. THE BIRDS ARE ALL EXACTLY THE SAME. THE INSTRUCTIONS ON SETTING THE CLOCK ARE IN 'PROPER' ENGLISH, EASILY UNDERSTOOD AND WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT THE OWNER DOES NOT HAVE TO TOUCH A RESET BUTTON.YOU JUST TAKE OUT AND PUT IN THE BATTERIES AS INSTRUCTED. THE RESET BUTTON ON THE LAST (GREEN) ONE WAS SO FIDDLEY I ENDED UP POKING AND PRODDING SO MUCH THAT I DESTROYED IT. THAT ONE COST THREE TIMES AS MUCH AS THIS ONE WHICH APART FROM THE RIM COLOUR AND THAT SILLY RESET PERFORMANCE IS EXACTLY THE SAME...NO..I DO BELIEVE THIS ONE IS A CENTIMETRE OR SO BIGGER IN DIAMETER.

THIS CLOCK LOOKS GREAT ON MY KITCHEN WALL AND THE BIRD CALLS ARE SO NATURAL THAT IT'S VERY AMUSING WATCHING VISITORS LOOKING ALL AROUND TO SEE WHERE THE BIRD IS. I WOULD CERTAINLY RECOMMEND THIS AS MY NUMBER ONE INTERNET PURCHASE AND A SUPER GIFT. I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE THE 'CUCKOO IN THE NEST' BUT IT'S PROVED ITSELF TO BE CHEAPEST YET BEST.

PS . I AM TRYING VERY HARD TO LEARN THE BIRD CALLS - THOUGHT I'D START WITH THE HARDEST ............NOW I KNOW THE CUCKOO, THE BARN OWL, THE TAWNY OWL AND THE WOODPECKER.....THE REST SHOULD BE A WALK IN THE PARK!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great novelty, 29 July 2011
This review is from: Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock (Kitchen & Home)
I'm delighted with this purchase as I've wanted one for ages. The clock looks and sounds good - made my cat's ears prick up. The Tawny Owl is especially good. The clock takes 3 x AA batteries - one for the clock and two for the sound. I can't wait for the hour to "sing"! This is a great item for those who like something a bit kitch but practical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birdsong Clock (How To Sync), 4 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock (Kitchen & Home)
For anyone who is having trouble getting this clock to play the song of the bird the minute hand is pointing to, this is what I did to get it working properly. Set the hands to 12 o'clock and hit the reset button on the back of the clock repeatedly until you hear the tawny owl. The songs should now follow the pictures and switch off between 21.00 and 06.00. You can advance the hands through the full 24 hour cycle to check.

4.0 out of 5 stars House guests (and cats) bemused but love it, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock (Kitchen & Home)
So glad I checked Amazon as The Telegraph and Daily Mail Shop/Web/Magazines have a more expensive but no better version.

The bird songs are recognizable. Good feature is the "24 hour" clock so it stops after 9.00pm, the birdsong starts at 6.00am.

Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely novel clock, 13 July 2011
This review is from: Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this on behalf of my elderly mum who is delighted with it. In fact, I don't normally go for this kind of thing but it's got a good sound and is so charming, I'm thinking of getting another for myself! Setting up instructions need to be carefully followed to match the sounds with the birds. Very pleased and VFM.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds on the Hour, 13 Sept. 2012
Raven - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this clock for my wife, she wanted something different, the wood like surround and the different birds around the clock face makes the clock quite pleasant to look at. The clock takes three AAA batteries, one for the clock and two for the bird songs, we have had this clock for about three months and it is still using the original batteries. Batteries were not supplied with the clock. Every hour on the hour a different bird song is played, the sound is quite clear and realistic. At first our dog ran around the house looking for the birds but he is now quite used to the sound. The bird sounds are not 24 hours they play from 6.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. so if you are a light sleeper you will not be disturbed. Overall we are very pleased with this clock and believe it to be a worthwhile purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it, 14 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Lots of fun and my daughter loves it HOWEVER it starts up every morning at 6am, so for you who would like to lay in bed until 8am, this is not the clock for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes clock watching a pleasure, 28 Oct. 2011
Marygold (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock (Kitchen & Home)
This clock is an attractive item with clear illustrations of the respective birds. With the exception of the Nightingale and Cuckoo perhaps, these are birds you probably know already from your garden or surroundings and the song for each species is distinctive and accurate as far as I can tell.
The clock appears to be keeping time well and I like the fact that from 9pm the sound can be silenced so light sleepers will not be kept awake by hourly bird song! The only negative for me was that I found the insertion of the battery into the compartment quite difficult but overall I think that this clock is good value for money and I would recommend this clock to any bird lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant birdsong, 25 April 2011
Terence Scott (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Cheaper than a newspaper offer I say and it appears to be the same clock. A great buy for a novelty clock.

2.0 out of 5 stars TOO LOUDDDDDDDDDD, 2 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this to encourage our infant to learn some of the common bird sounds. For its cheap price it looks quite good. Follow the set up instructions carefully or your owl hour will start to make woodpecker noises. When it says "Set the time first" - it doesn't mean set the current time - it means start to follow the "series of time setting instructions" - essential to which is starting with the hands at about 5.50 and then winding them forward to the current correct time.
I would have given this four or five star but there are one or two design glitches to it. First birdsong at 6am - doh pls why not go for 7am (or put a photocell in it). This is particularly important because of the major problem which is the lack of a volume control. This loud volume scares my infant at its current setting and wakes me/her up at 6am and in the evenings. I have sellotaped over the grill through which the sound comes - negligible help - have put it inside a glass fronted kitchen cupboard. A waste of storage space but at least the volume is now about right.

Proteam Ho1940 Bird Sound Wall Clock