4.0 out of 5 stars A Case for a soft Bag

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery just not up to it
Published 7 months ago by Steve

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A Case for a soft Bag, 7 Dec 2010
This review is from: Dremel 8200 10.8V Cordless Rotary Tool plus 2 Attachments and 45 Accessories (DIY & Tools)
The 8200 Dremel cordless is high revving and powerful . The starter kit it comes with is useful and the click lock plus grinding wheels etc seem to work well. I would have liked to have been offered a spare battery with this so that I could work continuously with the Dremel and not stop when the battery gives up. having said this the battery life is good , it powers along until it suddenly runs out of juice---no half way house of ever decreasing revs until you grind to a halt , and the battery seems to get back up to full charge quickly.
I rate this above the smaller cordless by miles for its power and also build quality, and this Dremel also being cordless makes it more versatile that its mains powered cousins. A professional piece of kit.
The biggest question I have is the versatility of the box it comes in , this carries the original unit and the supplied accessories , but does not allow for many of the extra items you might expand the kit with, SO perhaps the bag would have been better that the hard case.

4.0 out of 5 stars 8200 10.8volt or 12 volt max, 10 Sep 2011
I recently purchased Dremel 8200 10.8 volt Lithium. The current Dremel web site shows only a 8200 12 Volt max with a 12 volt battery or an 8000 with a 10.8 volt Lithium battery.

Amazon seem to be selling an earlier version of the 8200 with a 10.8 volt battery. Old Stock ?

I have emailed Dremel direct to ask what is the difference. They may have just renamed the 10.8 volt battery as 12 Voltmax for current sales. Or can I use a 12 volt battery in my unit ?Dremel 8200 10.8V Cordless Rotary Tool plus 2 Attachments and 45 Accessories

Answer from Dremel as follows

The 8200 10.8 volt sold in Europe is exactly the same as the 8200 here in North America. Only the North American market uses the "12V Max" terminology. The rest of the world still calls it by its nominal voltage of 10.8V. The tool and batteries are identical, it is just a difference in the way the markets use maximum vs. nominal voltage.

So all is fine. The one here is the same as the 12 VoltMax.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Job is too BIG, 7 Jan 2011
This drill is excellent. The power received from the battery is impressive and the attachments allow you to conquor any challenge. Much recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini Magic, 13 Feb 2011
D. K. Boyes "2dB" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a really fantastic bit of kit. I don't know how many times I've thought "What did I do before I got this".
It's so versatile with a wide variety of attachments that make it useful for many different applications.
The cordless aspect really allows freedom & the battery life is quite good. I would however recommend an additional battery for the 'power user'.
I bought some Silverline diamond coated fine blades which seen to cut through just about anything. I also bought the router attachment which works well...just buy a full sets of bits from Ebay...6 bits delivered from the USA for the price of 2-3 bits in th UK!
It's so useful the temptation is to use it for heavy duty applications...don't. It's a fine bit of kit but don't expect it to do the work of a tool like a Fein Multimaster/Bosch Multitool/Cel Multipro..they do cross over...use a corded version of the mentioned tool for heavy work & finer work with the Dremel.
My only other point would be to take care when working in confined spaces...I was doing some cutting work behind a back to wall toilet & was mindful that had the Dremel slipped it could 1/ have done some damage 2/ could have cut me quite badly as it doesn't have a trigger type switch...it's a shame it doesn't come with a trigger with a lock facility as IMO this would make it perfect & get it a 5 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dremel Portable, 22 May 2012
Stephen Naylor (UK) - See all my reviews
Exactly as stated in the adverts--at least as powerful as a mains powered unit. My only criticism is that it is somewhat bulky, larger than mains units, but that is more than made up for in its portability, power, speed of charge, and long battery life.
I considered buying a (very expensive) spare battery, but will not need to, given the length of operation and the speed of recharge.
An excellent bit of kit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery just not up to it, 18 Dec 2013
I bought this thinking the lack of a cable getting in the way would make it a far more useful tool. Unfortunately I hadn't quite realised just how poor the battery is. I have 10.8v Makita power tools and the batteries last for ages, but with the Dremel, I'm lucky to get 10 minutes from a full charge, which is seldom enough for the task I'm using it for, and recharging takes too long. I looked for a second battery, but no way am I spending another 50 when I can buy a cable version Dremel for less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bit of kit, 28 Dec 2010
Very happy with the Dremel, loads of accessories, it holds charge well and is a powerful bit of kit. Also, the plastic box makes storage, and transporting much easier.

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing tool, but short baery life, 7 May 2013
got me out of a hole a few times and i can see me spending more money on the accessories. if you think you will use it often then get the corded one as the battery ran out on me in about 30 mins of use

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and useful, 26 Sep 2011
I bought this item almost on a whim thinking that it might come in handy for some future work I was planning.

In the first week I had it the following tasks were done: Enlarge a keyhole to fit a new lock, clean and polish two corroded battery compartments, cleanly remove an "artexed in" ceiling rose allowing it to be reused (would have used a hammer before), cleanly shaved off nails that could not be removed with a claw hammer.

Quite the most useful tool I've bought in ages, don't know how I managed without it.

Only crit is the case is too small if you want to add other accesories.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool, Awful Battery, 27 Dec 2013
The Dremel itself worked very well but I wish I had listened to the other reviewers who said the battery was terrible, because it is. I used this for 15 minutes and the battery was dead, and this was from a full charge. I then had to wait just over an hour for it to charge. So my advice would be, unless you have a couple of spare batteries, don't waste your time. I sent mine straight back and ordered the 4000 model (Amazon are excellent at changing stuff, even if they don't like paying taxes). The 4000 comes with a better set of attachments too, and a bit cheaper.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›