Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£7.99

on 13 January 2013
This record was a real surprise. I bought the record after hearing their youtube version of the traditional song "Come all ye fair and tender ladies". Then discovered that I liked more of the songs on the CD, their voices are excellent and they blend together beautifully. They sing the songs and interpret the lyrics as if they were their own. Best of all is they add a soulful touch into these songs that make you believe in them, great music !.
on 8 April 2015
Really well put together album. Beautiful blend of voices from these two exceptionally talented singers. "The west' awake" being a favourite at the moment that could change as all the tracks are very good.
Looking forward to seeing them live at some point along the way. If you like traditional Irish music with a slight twist then this is for you. Highly recommend this and "My Dearest Dear" their second album.
on 3 May 2013
I never heard about Lumiere until I heard a review of the latest album.
I decided to buy this album with the current, because I was so much impressed with the sample of 'My Dearest Dear' I had to get the previous album. I love the style of the music. I never thought thought songs in the Irish language could sound so beautiful. Again , amazing voices, can't wait to hear them live.
on 24 July 2013
I'm very biased, because I love this style of music, and
these ladies are simply outstanding in their delivery of
it! If you enjoy ellectric guitar, fiddle; viola; electric and
acoustic guitars.....as well as exquisite vocal harmony,
then this is surely for you!
on 28 June 2013
I have seen and heard Eilis Kennedy perform in Dingle a few times and always enjoy her take on the tunes that she chooses to perform. But these Lumiere recordings are surely breathtaking in their execution.
on 24 April 2015
It's a shame when Amazon link the WRONG MUSIC to the samples in the web page. Don't go thinking that the samples here bear any resemblance to the songs on the Lumiere album.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 January 2010
formerly known as the dingle whiite ladies.i have had the pleasure of seeing these delightful ladies live on a number of occassions always a great nights music and craic.i was delighted when they released their first cd and what a cd it is,full of the most beautiful harmonies. the cd is half in irish and half in english and is a must have for lovers of folk music
on 12 November 2012
This is a beautiful cd. I love the mix of English and Irish songs. Very easy listening and some beautiful versions of Irish classic songs!
on 28 August 2014
Outstanding music
on 30 June 2015
Good
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse