5.0 out of 5 stars Young Samurai - The Ring Of Earth
The ring of earth is an absolutely incredible read! I still can't put it down, the plot has so many little twists. Its action pact from page one. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Published on 2 Aug 2010 by Robert

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
This was an OK read but very simpistic. It touches on some very interesying subjects but tells you little. The story is predictable and a little childish for me. I will not read anymore of this series, there are too many good authors out there.
Published on 22 Nov 2011 by Michael Matthews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Young Samurai - The Ring Of Earth, 2 Aug 2010
I would recommend this book to everyone of all ages (bearing in mind this is the FORTH book in the SERIES). There is always a little something for everyone in these books, whether you like your books to be action pact, also to be quite historically accurate, to have a little mystery, or even a bit of romance, there is something for everyone.
IT'S A MUST READ!

1st book - Young Samurai - The Way Of The Warrior.
2nd book - Young Samurai - The Way Of The Sword.
3rd book - Young Samurai - The Way Of The Dragon.
4th book - Young Samurai - The Ring Of Earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Young Samurai: The Ring of Earth, 15 Aug 2010
After the 3rd book, The way of the Dragon, i had a few reservations about how this series could continue. Those reservations are gone, Chris Bradford has yet again written a masterpiece of literiture for adults and children alike. This book has made me realise that this Writer is an unstoppable force who will continue to write book after book of Action, Adventure, Heartbreak and a little romance. The story and characters are infectious and find a way into your heart right from the word go (probably using Ninja Techniques). This book introduces a load more new characters for you to fall in love with and more characters that you will love to hate. This is as i have already said a masterpiece which will have you enthralled at Page 1 and keep you gripped till the end. The one down side to this book is that once you finish it you want to read the next....well i say roll on March 2011 and bring us YOUNG SAMURAI: THE RING OF WATER.

5.0 out of 5 stars watch out, there is a Ninja about, 27 Sep 2010
R. Rose (Kent) - See all my reviews
The 4th book (exc book day) in the Young Samurai series sees our hero moving on from the Samurai school of the 1st three books. He is now on the road and trying to return to England but of course it is a very long journey and action and adventure are almost certainly just round the corner.
As a 37 year old reader of these books. I know I'm not the target audience but I love them all the same. As long as you like a good, interesting and educational read then the age is irrelevant.
So far, I have read all of Mr Bradfords books (except his songwriting ones - I have to draw a line there!) and have thoroughly enjoyed them all. In my opinion his writing style just gets better and better and once you start reading, you will not want to put the book down. The Ring of Earth has now become my favourite of the series but that could well change again when the next one comes out.
Roll on Spring 2011 for the 5th book so we can see what further adventures befall the Young Samurai.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waiting eagerly for the next book, 20 Aug 2010
A friend lent me the first book, after that I asked him for numbers 2 and 3, when I read that the fourth book was coming out I couldn't resist any longer and I got the three off them.
When I received the fourth book and I saw it was 300 pages long ONLY, I was a bit sad but after I started reading I realised it would not matter, it is 300 pages packed with amazing surprises, breath taking thriller and a great amount of passion for martial arts and adventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars YOUNG SAMURAI STRIKES BACK!!!!, 20 Feb 2011
W. MO "Noodles" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I picked up the first young samurai book-"The Way of the Warrior" in a cheap bookstore and after a fantastic read I eagerly waited for the next books to be written. After reading this one I have to say so far this book series is one of the best I have ever read.It has a fantastic storyline and gives you a deep insite into how samurai and ninja alike used to live in Japan. It includes rivalry, betrayal and many suprises throughout. I would highly recommend this book after reading the previous ones. A great credit to Chris Bradford and I await excitedly for the next coming book-"Young Samurai-The Ring of Water."

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK AND GOOD SELLER, 13 Sep 2010
Awesome book and the other 3 books before are also just as good.

I dont read books... but these i cant stop reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read - impossible to put down!, 5 Aug 2010
This book is the fourth book in the series, if we aren't to include the World Book Day Special Book. Chris Bradford has done it again and created a must read book, which will keep you gripped. I read it in a few days, but that's not because it is a quick read - it is in fact quite a long book - but I found that I couldn't put it down. Wherever I went, the book came with me, because it was just so interesting. I have been a fan of the series for a while now, and will continue to be because I was inspired by Chris Bradford when I met him on a previous occasion. This is now my favourite book series because it kept me entertained and spellbound because it creates a amazing continuation of the series - and I have to admit, there were many surprises along the way that surprised even the biggest fan like myself. Chris Bradford is such an excellent writer and I will, as I said before, continue to be a fan of this series. I already look forward to the next book in the series, which I'm sure will be an excellent continuation to a great series. To put my thoughts of the book into one word would be impossible because it has provided such an awesome read for me! I couldn't put it down, because I just had to find out what was happening next. The best in the series so far? To say it wasn't would be an understatement! Keep up the great work Chris! Finally, I hope you never stop writing the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lyrical Reviews - The Ring of Earth by Chris Bradford, 10 Aug 2011
I had a Young Samurai break after They Way Of The Dragon and I have to say I have sorely missed Jack, and with three new books out I decided it was high time I spent some quality time with my favourite hero again. As Kung Fu Panda Po would say, I am blinded by awesomeness!

In classic Chris Bradford style, The Ring Of Earth hits you with the good stuff on page one and doesn't stop hitting you until you fall bruised and battered onto the last full stop. The samurai school is gone, his guardian Masamoto is banished and he has left the survivors amongst his friends to attempt a perilous journey back to England. For the first time, the young samurai Jack is utterly alone and I just had to wonder how the story was going to recover from that. But it more than recovers, it sprouts new limbs of awesomeness and my heart is still pounding with excitement just thinking about it. As a reader you've been brought up so far to perceive the ninja as a ruthless and unprincipled enemy, encapsulated by the merciless Dragon Eye, but in this book it is the ninja that take the spotlight. The author lets his experience in the ninja arts shine through and reveals that not all is what it seems with these masters of stealth. Chris Bradford has really matured Jack after his experiences in The Way Of The Dragon and this is evident through Jack's reasoning. Bushido has become who he is and it is through this that he makes his decisions and justifies his actions and in so doing he has already got the heart of a ninja. Bradford, as ever, is brutal with Jack's new training but the strength of his writing shows through his knowledge of Jack's character and his unbending enforcement of that character. All his characters get this same treatment, truly he writes characters like Mozart composes music or Da Vinci paints masterpieces, they are so real and complete and convincingly written that they just sit almost tangible in my imagination. They could be standing around me, talking as I read.

With the start of a new series, Jack is back to basics again and you learn with him as he takes instruction in a whole new world. Honestly, I feel like I've gone through it all with him and have a sudden urge to hang out, concealed in the branches of a tree. Bradford never ceases to amaze me with his ability to keep the story fresh and actually very fascinating. I'm sure I couldn't learn more about the art of ninjutsu if I read an encyclopaedia on the subject. Once again Jack finds he has to prove himself. Just as he had been accepted by the samurai at the Niten Ichi Ryu, he has to start all over again with a new set of suspicious people but if you know Jack as well as I do, you'll know there is no such thing as giving up. This is exactly the kind of story that makes me believe I can take on the world and win. I just love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Thriller, 15 April 2011
The Ring of the Earth

"The ring of the earth" is a great read for all ages, full of action, surprise and characters who draw you in. There is never a dull moment. We are involved with Jack, the hero, right the way through in his many challenges and setbacks in his efforts to return to his sister in England. We learn a lot, too, about the history and martial arts of Japan. This is an educational read as well as an exciting one

5.0 out of 5 stars Ring of Earth, 18 Mar 2011
I have been reading the Young Samurai series to my son each night and I must say I tend to enjoy them even more than the books I read for myself. The "Ring of Earth" is no exception. It is fast paced and compulsive reading. Chris Bradford has very good knowledge of Japanese culture and martial arts and is a master story teller. He contrasts the outlooks of the samurai and ninja quite brilliantly and my son and I have learnt a lot from the series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›