Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£15.33+ £1.26 shipping

on 2 August 2011
It's not often in this digital day and age where you have a collection of songs on a record which just 'hits the spot'. I first listened to this lying on a beach in Majorca and was blown away by its richness and beauty. Ok, it was probably the best place I could have listened to such an album, but it has not left my car, home stereo, Ipod ever since. It reminds me a lot of The Man Who, which in my opinion is Travis's best work by far. So for Fran to write and produce something which is pretty much on par with that, minus the rest of his band is quite remarkable! I can't stop listening to 'Anything' which is in my opinion one of the best songs Fran has ever written. As for the BBC reviewer above who says 'it sounds like a Travis record' and making out that is a bad thing - of course it does! What did you expect it to sound like, Iron Maiden?! What a prized donut!
on 4 October 2010
Fran Healy has yet again written an amazing album full of amazing songs. This could possibly be his strongest set of songs yet. Full of beautiful melodies, his lyrics are as good as ever and getting better. His voice is as strong as ever. High points of this album are "Anything" , "Sing Me To Sleep" , "Buttercups" and "Holiday". "Anything" and "Sing Me To Sleep" are two of the most beautiful songs Fran has written. This album will leave you wanting more and more. Amazing album. 10/10!
VINE VOICEon 30 June 2011
If you played this to me for the first time without telling me anything, I'd tell you this was a Travis album.

I'd be pleased, because I like Travis albums, and I'd be surprised when you told me that it was just Fran. This tells you two things.
1. Fran is the driving force behind everything in Travis, from the lyrics to the music to the production.
2. Fran wanted to record some songs with other people (McCartney for example) and he couldn't do that as a Travis album. So he did it solo.

And that's it, if you like The Invisible Band, The Man Who or The Boy With No Name (as these are the most similar in style), then you will like this.
on 4 October 2010
I have been a massive Travis fan since they first started. It's great to see Fran going solo and trying something new! he has and still is one of the best songwriters around! this album is a great collection of songs! I hope this album gets the recognition and airplay it deserves! and does well in the charts too!! Well done Fran!!
on 30 September 2015
I bought this on release and was completely wowed as Travis Fan. I also saw Fran do this live which was so memorable. As is the case with cds , I havent listened to it for a while and when I did I realised just how very special it was / is . I do hope Travis keep up this quality for their next Album due out soon (Album 8 ) as in The invisible Man/ The Man who or Fran does another masterpiece like this . Fran is a genius.
on 31 December 2013
As a Scot I was fond of Travis but they drifted into the background through their inactivity. I stumbled across 'sing me to sleep' on You Tube and was hooked enough to explore further. What a fabulous album, just moves smoothly through every track from beginning to end. Fran is at the top of his game here. Explore it for yourself you will not be disappointed.
on 2 May 2011
A great album as you would expect from Fran Healy. I really wasn't sure when I first heard it but after a couple of play throughs in the car it is my current favourite and one which I think I will come back to time and time again. It is the sort of album you can listen to now but will still be relevant in years to come. There is obviously a Travis feel to the album but that's not at all a bad thing and Fran certainly also shows that he can stand alone as a solo artist.
on 9 November 2010
I bought this album not really expecting too much having only heard one song. I have to say though that i enjoyed it far more than the more recent albums Fran put out under Travis, it seems the rest of that band maybe redundant!
on 4 April 2015
This is the album that Travis fans would simply love. Its what Travis was like at its best, great thought provoking lyrics accompanied by soulful music. A great album all round.
on 14 July 2011
This album takes me back to how I felt when I first discovered Travis. There is not a bad track on it. Bought Ode To J. Smith at the same time and much prefer Wreckorder.