Price:£5.75+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 9 July 2014
THE ''BEST'' FRIED CHICKEN (( E-V-E-R ))

1/2 cup

1 teaspoon

black pepper

1/4 teaspoon

poultry seasoning

1 (2 1/2-3 lb) frying chickens, cut up or 1 (2 1/2-3 lb)

use

chicken pieces

Crisco shortening

(for frying) Directions:

1 Combine milk and egg in medium bowl; set aside.

2 Combine flour, garlic salt, paprika, pepper and poultry seasoning in paper or plastic bag. Add a few pieces of chicken at a time. Shake to coat.

3 Dip chicken in milk-egg mixture. Shake second time in flour mixture. Skillet or deep fry in Crisco (see below).

4 To skillet fry, heat 1/2 to 1-inch Crisco to 365° in electric or in large heavy skillet on medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides. Reduce heat to 275° or medium-low heat. Continue cooking until chicken is tender about 30-40 minutes. Do not cover. Turn chicken several times during cooking. Drain on paper towels.

5 To deep fry, heat 2 or 3-inches Crisco to 365° in deep fryer or deep saucepan. Fry chicken for 15-18 minutes. Drain on paper towels.

6 For extra spicy chicken, increase black pepper to 2 teaspoons and poultry seasoning to 1/2 teaspoon
on 30 October 2012
American vegetable shortening, as you would expect. My husband is Canadian so some of his family recipes call for ingredients we don't seem to have here, this was one of them. Very pricey for what it is but that has to take into account the import costs for the company selling it. A little goes a long way and he appreciates having recipes from home, so it's worth it.
on 29 August 2013
I love this product.it is great in cakes and for frying. it is much lighter than trex.I find it does not clog as much
on 22 December 2012
Bought this for my mum as she makes approx 250 mince pies each Christmas & had previously used Trex for pastry - this product is now discontinued so she was desperate to find a substitute.

Crisco is the answer - her pastry is extremely short & she is a convert
on 7 June 2016
Used this on my new cast iron pan to season it. Worked perfectly!
on 17 June 2014
This is a great product and so versatile, I love using it when I am doing my sugarcraft flowers out of gumpaste and fondant.
on 29 May 2016
A great substitute for butter for my baking projects.
on 10 January 2015
This is a good product but expensive. After purchase I find it is the same as flora white which is much, much, cheaper.
on 17 September 2014
Great product, but expensive. The UK needs to start stocking in our supermarkets!
on 10 March 2014
I ordered this on ebay recently and paid a simliar price to the above, however, i wanted to point out that i have since seen it in my local Tesco for around 3 pounds. I ordered to use as a substitute for cocoa butter in home made chocolate but didn't think it was as good- chocolate texture too smooth.