5.0 out of 5 stars Dixie Chicks Essential Listening
Published on 12 Sep 2011 by Mysterious Squirrel

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
As much as I love the Dixie chicks and have all their albums I wouldn't have chosen all these tracks ...one disc just not my choices at all
Published 9 months ago by Onslo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dixie Chicks Essential Listening, 12 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Essential Dixie Chicks (Audio CD)
As a relative newcomer to the music of the Dixie Chicks, after hearing 'Nobody Knows' on the radio I delved a bit further. These three ladies might look like your stereotypical country girl ditzes putting out cheesy songs but that, I am pleased to tell you, is all packaging and far from the reality. What you have here are/is a very talented trio who can put a decent song together and do it pretty darn well.

Not a C/W fan myself but this crosses into the country rock territory where say, Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band never really ventured. An easy blend of country/rock with great melodies and arrangements.

If you're already a fan of the Dixie Chicks then there's nothing here that you would not have already heard on previous albums but with 30 tracks over two discs and some semi informative sleeve notes this is probably the best introduction to the band and of course, if you're a C/W fan and get along with mid American rock,this album will fit into your collection perfectly.

MS

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love this band!!, 13 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Essential Dixie Chicks (Audio CD)
The Dixie Chicks are a contemporary country band, and i have followed their music for some time now. I would most definately say that they are probably the reason that i love country music so much. Each song is so unique, lovable and very catchy.

For me my favourite songs are ' You were mine', ' Not ready to make nice', Travelin Soldier' and 'Tonights the heartache's on me'. To be absolutely honest i cannot say that i don't like any songs that the Dixie Chicks have done because they are all fab.

So if you like Country music and have never listened to them before then, I would definately give them a go. Similar sounds are Miranda Lambert and The Band Perry.

Happy Listening :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great listening cd!, 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Essential Dixie Chicks (Audio CD)
Love the DC's - a recent convert and having borrowed a few of their cds from family etc - decided to get my own copy - so glad I did - love all the songs - always return to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dixie Chicks, 7 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Essential Dixie Chicks (Audio CD)
Heard the album reviewed on the Bob Harris country show on Radio 2. This is a fantastic compilation spanning the Dixie Chicks career. Multi talented players and great voices. I havent stopped playing this since I bought it. A must for all music lovers collections

4.0 out of 5 stars This is great, 29 Dec 2012
R. Murray (Brighton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Essential Dixie Chicks (Audio CD)
I'm not a massive fan of country music but I really like this album which I bought on a whim having never heard the Dixie Chicks before. There is so much to enjoy here for fans of all musical genres. Disc one has mostly more recent songs and the writing is more mature - highlights include Not Ready to Make Nice (fantastic), The Long Way Round, Easy Silence, Lubbock or Leave It, Everybody Knows, Travelin' Soldier and White Trash Wedding. The songs on disc 2 are older and the "chicks" don't write them in the main but they are still extremely enjoyable. My favourites include Ready to Run, Cowboy Take me Away, Sin Wagon, Goodbye Earl and Give it up or let me go.

The above songs are my favourites but I really don't think there is a bad song on this 2-CD compilation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dixie Chicks Classics, 10 April 2012
This review is from: The Essential Dixie Chicks (Audio CD)
"The Essential Dixie Chicks" contains a good medley of great country tunes. The following is a riveting sampler of the hits on this two disc set:
Ready To Run
Cowboy Take Me Away
Wide Open Spaces
Some Days You Gotta Dance
"The Essential Dixie Chicks" is great for anyone who likes bold country music.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Business, 4 Jun 2013
J. Potts "Twiggy" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic compilation of tunes from the feisty trio. I will bring down the wrath of Fleetwood Mac fans by saying the Dixie Chicks' version of "Landslide" is better than the original - but it is. Super sassy blue grass - and not as remorselessly sad as Alison Krauss can be (still an amazing voice though!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, 9 Mar 2012
Mrs. L. C. Ramsden "Stevie 333" (Hereford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Essential Dixie Chicks (Audio CD)
If you are new to the Dixie Chicks or a true fan, this is a greta collection of their best songs.
Really recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good mix of songs, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Essential Dixie Chicks (Audio CD)
Bought this for my father as he likes c&w. Good mix of old and new tunes - he enjoys it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan Freeking Tastic, 30 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Essential Dixie Chicks (Audio CD)
I had never heard of the Dixie Chicks until I watched an episode of the Simpsons. I heard their single Landslide and loved it and then Cowboy Take Me Away and then saw these hits and listened and I love all of their tracks.

These women are extremely talented and really set country music alight. I love how talented they are, its hard to say which are my favourites, Not Ready To Make Nice, Taking The Long Way Round, Bitter End, Long Time Gone, Travelling Soldier, Landslide, Lil Jack Slade, White Trash Wedding, Ready To Run, Cowboy Take Me Away, Wide Open Space (my favourite track), There's Your Trouble, You Were Mine and I Can Love You Better I probably love the whole album.

I am aware they're on hiatus but hopefully one day they will return and I will be ready for their next album

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Essential Dixie Chicks
The Essential Dixie Chicks by Dixie Chicks (Audio CD - 2010)