5.0 out of 5 stars canon selphy cp800 photo printer
Im a bit of a novice with gadgets but i found this canon selphy cp800 photo printer the most easiest item to use ,the set up was easy to follow ,and straight forward i had to print my photos via the computer and as i had deleleted them from my xd card again easy instructions.
Published on 19 Oct 2010 by shaz

3.0 out of 5 stars Mrs D Swatton
Bought as a xmas present ,no complants how ever is not compatable with my photo card. Reading user guide it says I can have a adapter which is impossable to find . Dose anyone know where one can be purched from? My printer is a CP780 my card however are XD
Published on 17 Jun 2011 by Dreda

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars canon selphy cp800 photo printer, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: Canon SELPHY CP800 Compact Photo Printer - White (Electronics)
The photos were printed instantly no waiting for it to warm up just press the button and off you go.
The quality of the prints were excellant great colour and very clear i was very impressed .You can't print photos larger then 6x4 but to me that wasn't a problem .The ink cartridges are made up of joined black n white and colour so you don't need lots of individual colours as some require when i ordered the cartridges the photo paper was included and of a very good quality.
My overall review is of a brillant easy to use and smart compact photo printer with extreme clear quality ,am very pleased with my purchase and would recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon SELPHY CP800, 29 Dec 2010
I bought this printer for my daughter this christmas. OK, she has a laptop, a mobile phone, is active on Facebook and can upload to various websites to order albums and prints, but there is nothing to beat being able to take a photo and print it immediately. The grand parents loved being able to have a family photo to take home with them and my daughter wants to create an 'old fashioned' scrap book.

The quality is excellent and the speed of printing is very acceptable for a small number of photos.

One small point, you do need to order some paper/ink cartridges with your purchase. There is no paper or ink supplied in the box. The 108 sheet supplies are the best value and work out to be roughly 24p per print. Canon KP-108in 4 X 6" Ink and Paper Set for SELPHY CP Series Photo Printers

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon Selphy CP800, 27 Nov 2010
I purchased this for my Father in law who doesn't have a PC and was interested in printing at home. Convenience for him (he's in his 80's) was more important than the cost of printing, so the higher cost of prints wasn't an issue. With my assistance he was up and printing within a couple of minutes, and the finished print quality is excellent. I would have rated this printer as 5* if it wasn't for the very poor quality display. It was VERY dark and impossible to see any detail in the image. I could not find anything in the settings to adjust this which is a serious ommission.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality item, simple to use, but ink and paper expensive, 30 Dec 2011
We bought this for our mum this Christmas as she wanted to print photos indoors, managed to have the device printing within 5 minutes of setting it up, the menu is simple to use and even though we didn't look into the advanced features as my mum is very non-technical she was able to use it with no problems. The prints are of a good quality and the colours match the original photo well.

The device is well made and the buttons have a good quality feel to them, inserting the ink cartridge is straight forward, the screen is okay, not the largest and clearest but for the price a worthy device.

Cons: As with all printers, it's not the devices that are expensive most of the time but the cost of the ink and paper, and in this case I believe it currently works out to around 26p per print. A quick trip to the high street and I believe you can get prints for around 5p a print.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super piece of kit, 6 Jan 2011
G. G. Brooks (Harrogate Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
My journelist daughter researched this item quite intensely as a Christmas present from us to her.
She new exactly what she wanted, it fullfills all its claims, is delighted with the results and due to its size can take it with.

It pays however, to shop around for the -ink and paper- but there are bargains out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little printer, 7 Feb 2011
We have loved this little photo printer, bought for elderly parents, they got to grips with it quite easily. it is compact, cute and loads of fun. Can't recommend highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Selphy CP800, 14 Jan 2011
I bought this printer as a Christmas present for Bunny, my wife. Last Christmas I bought her a Canon Ixus 200 and ever since Bunny has been rattling my cage about wanting prints of her photographs. Bunny is not content with storing and viewing on a PC or laptop, with Bunny it has to be a hard copy. In the past I have produced prints but she has always complained about the colour "that's not the right colour it's too blue" or "that photograph is too yellow" so in the end I stopped printing Bunny's photographs. Then I saw the Canon CP800 advertised on the Amazon web pages. So I investigated the web to check out the reviews, they were pretty good with the occasional poor review, can't please everyone it seems.
In the end I braved it out and ordered the Selphy for Amazon. When it came I unwrapped it and set it up to print, we have a family tradition, anything we buy as a present that is electrical we try out before we hand it over, we were once caught out by a toy that required batteries, and would not work because the battery compartment was damaged. Well I set it up, took a photograph and inserted the card, and waited! I saw the paper go through the printer 4 times and I thought to myself, "what on earth have I bought now, it's gone barmy". i should not have doubted the printer, I am a fan of Canon and I have several Canon cameras, printers and scanners so I should have known to expect good results. I was not let down, results were exceptional. now all I had to do was teach Bunny to use the printer, not an easy job. after a couple of attempts Bunny soon got the hang of using the Selphy, and the best thing of all, she loves it! the prints are brilliant, they are not expensive, they are easy to produce, albeit a bit slow in coming. I can handle slow because of the quality of the results. Looking for a great little printer and you don't mind only being able to print 6 x 4 inch photographs, then look no further this is the printer for you, and at Amazon you will get great service and a good price, (had to add that because it's true)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent printer, 5 Jan 2013
Excellent printer. Quality of photos are great and printer is easy to use. Very portable, but would advice to get a carrying case if you'll take it somewhere. I have used it for taking photos at a party with instant print outs and the printer was printing for 4 hours continuously! What I don't understand is why Canon did not include a printer cable (cable that connects the printer & computer/laptop. I bought this as its also compatible with Mac (just need to download the software from Canon website). Would definitely recommend if you want to print your own photos (postcard size).

4.0 out of 5 stars Selphy CP800 Photo printer, 10 Feb 2012
Canon SELPHY CP800 Compact Photo Printer - WhiteIt does exactly what it says on the tin. Nothing flash so if you want perfection buy something a lot more expensive. Easy to set up and use however the interface with computer photo software is poor and can be frustrating. The main downside is the cost of consumables (approx 25-30 for 108 prints)and the price of a BU-30 Bluetooth adapter which costs as much as the printer itself and if integrated would get 5 stars. You will not be disappointed if you just want reasonably good quality prints at the push of a button but beware this does not come supplied with paper, ink cartridge or computer cable and these have to be purchased separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little machine, 22 May 2011
Mme Janice Hook (France) - See all my reviews
I am absolutely delighted with this little printer, very easy to use, (even for a simpleton like me, as far as "technical" is concerned!)I like the choice of printing options,which all give very good quality results. It is an extremely neat little thing. I have only one small criticism - I didn't find the anti red eye option very successful.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›