4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but a little frustrating!
When my ip3000 started to show its age, I spent spent months trawling through reviews of printers and came to the conclusion that almost all printers get aboout 20% telling you it's brilliant and about 20% that say buying it was the worst decision of their lives! When I finally made a decision I found that the printer I'd chosen (Canon MP640) had been superceded by the...
Published on 13 Nov 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive printer
Print quality is very good. Cartridges are tiny and very expensive about 1/3 of my previous Epson printer) and only last a few weeks even though I use a B & W Samsung laser most of the time. Don't buy this printer ort any Canon if they are the same.
Published on 4 Oct 2011 by K. Rothwell

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars photographic printer, 13 Nov 2010
This review is from: Canon PIXMA MG6150 All-In-One Wi-Fi Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy and Scan) (Electronics)
I have used Cannon printers before, but since I have took up digital photography I have been using epson. The quality was not up to scratch, so after reading reviews I decided to take the plunge and buy it. I am so impressed with the quality of the photographs I have printed, as good as lab photo`s. This was so easy to set up for network printing and I can communicate wirelessly quite far away. A real printer (all-in-one) for serious users in a friendly package that everyone can use. I would recommmend this product for amature/serious photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Nov 2010
Bought this after many years as a dedicated HP buyer. Got totally fed up with their intrusive and unintuituve software. Was an absolute doddle to install on wi-fi, takes a little while waiting at various points for the printer to prime itself and align etc.
The touch panel works well and the built in duplex is really useful. Set up on 3 computers in no time at all.

Photo quality is excellent. Text on fast=draft is a little grey, nice and quick though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer, tough installation, 2 Nov 2010
John Woodman (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
It's probably fine if you instal printers frequently. I don't, and it took me about three hours to work through the 33 pages of assembling the printer and the 10 pages of installing software. That's after reading the instructions several times to check I understood them. It works very well - quite fast and good print quality, but when it hasn't been used for an hour or two it takes at least a minute after receiving the print command when it has wake up and says it is "processing". Doesn't bother me, but it would do some folks.
Update one month later: still a good printer. But I spent most of yesterday trying unsuccessfully to switch from USB to ethernet connection. Don't buy it unless you are really good with this stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars My best all in one to date, 1 Aug 2011
R. H. Fyffe (UK) - See all my reviews
It is amazing how these machines develop over the years; this is my 4th all in one and the second from Canon as I have found them to be the most consistent and cheapest to run. The MG6150 looks sleek and professional taking up less space than any of its predecessors; shiny black finish does catch dust but is easily cleaned with an anti static cloth. Setting up took minutes and was completely fool proof, all computers in the house both Macs and PCs hooked in without complaint. New software is simple to use and to date has demonstrated no glitches, especially like the new Canon solutions system that has all you need to run the machine in one area of your computer. Scan quality is very good and a faster than I have used before but of course it is a Wi-Fi connection so you will be a bit slower than wired. Printing is outstanding quality and at a speed suitable for home/office work. Running costs have not been tested as yet but Canon inks have always been reasonable in my experience especially if sourced on-line. In summary this is a good looking, easy to set up and use machine which produces excellent scans and printed documents with the added assurance of one of the biggest names in the business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 2 Mar 2011
A. McEwan (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was looking for an MFP not just a printer. Printer, Copier and Scanner.

I went with the Canon PIXMA MG6150 as it had the specs I was looking for and the reviews for it were very good. I also considered the less pricey Canon PIXMA MG5250 but the Scan quality was less than I was looking for.

The Cannon has been fantastic for Photos, Documents, Photocopies and Scans as far as I'm concerned. The picture quality on photo paper is astonishing. Have been using it fairly regularly for all these functions. It also prints onto CD/DVDs but haven't tested this out yet.

If I was being hyper critical, Scan colours aren't quite as they should be, a little washed through but still very good. Set-up took a little effort but was straightforwards. Double sided printing is OK but second page is scaled down for some odd reason.

All things considered, I'm more than happy with this device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Premier Pixma 6150, 1 Mar 2011
I did a fair bit of research on this product before purchase. I was looking for a printer at home to do great photographic prints, & duplex office documents. I was comparing v HP & Epson competition. The Epson was attractive due to the price differential (but you can't get cartridges refilled!!) I'd had a HP deskjet which had been very reliable, but I have a Canon SLR camera & ultimately decided that a Canon printer would go best with it. I was slightly concerned by user reviews that it was noisy & difficult to set up, so took it out of the box with some trepidation! Yes it took a bit of time to set up, & yes if you turn the printer off & then some hours later turn on again, it takes a while for it to cycle up & it's a little noisier than others in doing that.... BUT not intrusively so! I rate this product VERY HIGHLY. I RECOMMEND it to others.... I am not disappointed in any way. In my experience, in life you pay a little more, but get what you pay for..... that's my summary of buying the Pixma 6150! I have got around 200 pages off my black cartridge, (just now showing as needing a new cartridge) colours in various stages of fullness. Copy facility (B&W / Colour) are both very good, the duplex facility will save money on paper, photo's are very good on proper photographic paper. I have not used scan facility yet, but if the other features are anything to go by, it will be fine. So far, no complaints & a very happy purchase!

3.0 out of 5 stars Canon PIXMA MG6150, 17 Oct 2011
I have just changed my old PC to a new Apple iMac OS X Lion. My old yet brilliant HP desk jet 970XCi however was not compatible, so, after reading reviews, I purchased a Canon PIXMA MG6150 All In One. The latest software had to be downloaded from Canon with a warning that print queues could cause a malfunction and rapidly fill up the hard drive on the computer. They hoped to rectify this in the near future. Printing, scanning and copying were good, however my main interest is in photography. The quality of the photographs produced were very poor compared with my old HP. The colours were not accurate, on close examination the dpi were visible, even when selecting the highest quality and different quality photo paper. The print speed was far too quick to give the best results. Amazon have accepted the printer back (excellent service as usual) and I have purchased from them an HP CN503B Photosmart Premium. The print quality is back to the standard I was used to with my old Deskjet and at 99 is exactly the same price as the Canon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon Pixma MG6150 .... mostly luverly.., 14 April 2011
I bought the Canon Pixma MG6150 recently, when my lovely Epson R1290 started playing up. I was using up a lot of ink repetitively cleaning the heads. Not bad innings for a printer of six years and as the problem was hit and miss I decided I would keep the Epson as it prints up to A3. The Canon took about an hour to set up with a cuppa in between. I thought it was going to take longer than that because the manual looked complicated with the wireless set-up but I decided to have a USB connection initially as I will be relocating my home office space.

Straightaway, I printed some colour photographs as photography is what I'm mainly interested in and I was not disappointed. The quality is superb! Definitely to lab standards. It is much quicker and quieter than the Epson. I tried the scanner next and scanned some colour photo's of my niece's baby that had been sent to me. I was not particularly impressed. The resolution was just about acceptable but inferior, even at the best setting, to the results I get from my Epson Perfection 3170 scanner. The copying facility was impressively quick using the same photo's but the images were a bit washed out. It's probably unfair to compare the scanning capabilities of a multifunction machine to a dedicated scanner but I am now having second thoughts about getting rid of my old scanner. So that's two pieces of equipment I was hoping to replace staying with me.

All in all, I do think it's a great machine. The screen is very clear and intuitive. The good looking glossy exterior attracts dust like a magnet though, so when I've finished printing for the day I cover it with an old pillowcase. The front tray sits neatly hidden away and the rear tray doesn't take up as much room as the Epson's rear feeding tray. I haven't tried many of the functions and as yet I am still using the original inks. It may be expensive to replace the inks but I am willing to pay for the superb photographic results.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Round Performer, 8 July 2011
M. A. Lely "Michiel" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Have had this printer now for a couple of months to replace my Multifunctional Printer Canon Pixma MP780. This is a massively positive first impression for me, what a nice printer and what a step up from my old one. I decided on this printer, because of my good experience with Canon printers and the top 3 results in the Which printer test.

After 5 years it was high time for a replacement / upgrade. Out of the box it was all quite straightforward, bit of concentration putting the printer head and cartridges in but with the easy manual it was a straightforward task. Within 30 minutes of opening the box the printer was installed and ready to print.

I cannot give you a full rounded review, because I have only used a few features so far
- Printing documents (double-sided, wireless)
- Printing photos
- Scanning
- Copying

Those tasks where easy to perform and apart from setting up the wireless I didnt need to look at the manual. It was all quite effortless and provided good results. The quality of the printing is very good and for a home printer it is well above average on all departments. Thought it was also fast and pretty quiet.

This printer costs more than many other home printer, but if you are buying a printer for more than just printing and you consider it is for a few years ... this is well worth a few pounds extra. It is compact, does it all, does it well and I know it is going to meet my needs for the next few years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and great quality, 5 July 2011
This replaced a dead HP photosmart printer that had produced quality photo and document prints for many years.
I bought the machine based on Pc-Pro A-list rating and reviews on this site. It arrived in a day as promised and was very well packed. Instuctions are comprehensive, clear and easy to follow. I'm using it connected through wi-fi with hidden ssid, wpa2 security and mac addresses specified. It picked up the network immediately once I found out where its mac address was hidden using the very good network troubleshooting booklet. Putting in a long security key is a bit tedious with the touch interface but other than that its very straightforward.

Windows 7 found and loaded both 32 and 64 bit drivers on two different machines from Windows update so I didn't bother with the supplied cds.

Print speed is good and quality is excellent for both photos and documents. Duplex printing is automatic and works well. Copying quick and offers colour and b&w options through the touch interface. Haven't tried cd printing but did download the canon iphone app and printed photos from the phone directly.

Overall very pleased with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›