5.0 out of 5 stars Punrelenting Silliness
I saw this show live in Reading - because Tim didn't come to Oxford again. Grrr! - some time ago and was overjoyed to see this appear for release. I treated myself to this for Christmas and watched it on Christmas Day with my family. For starters, this is probably the only stand-up video out there that everyone - old and young - can sit down and watch.
That doesn't...
Published on 26 Dec 2010 by djjoff2

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny but not the best of his DVDs
Published on 24 Dec 2011 by Mr. Paul J. Kenney

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Punrelenting Silliness, 26 Dec 2010
This review is from: Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD] (DVD)
That doesn't mean however, that it is cheap, lame Chucklevision style humour. Well, maybe the "Mati-neigh" jokes are, but don't let that put you off.

What marks Tim shows out from other short gag merchants is that he thoughtfully intersperses them with some of the most bizarre and silly skits and props you've ever seen. As a fan of pure silliness, I think there's a lack of downright sillines in comedy at the moment - and there's nothing sillier than a load of Kellogg's variety cereal boxes attached to an umbrella frame. I've seen people like Stewart Francis and as funny as he is, it can get a bit heavy going and tedious with nothing else to break it all up, but as I say, Tim provides plenty of visual gags, songs and antics to stop the monotony.

The show itself I have to say, does seem to to start a little slowly. Personally I would say the stronger jokes come in later. That said, there are still some decent chuckles to be had along the way.

"Punslinger" lacks the strength of classic skits like 'Flag Hippo' or 'Pen Behind The Ear' (although do watch out for the encore) but there are still plenty of absurdities in a similar vein - 'Sheepy Up' and 'Ventriloquism' to name but a few.

There are some interesting extras too. For example, a film of Tim trying out all manner of strange and silly new material in order to prepare for the tour. There's also an old home-made movie by Tim and John Archer about two useless detectives who struggle even to solve parking problems, let alone crimes. Oh and watch out for the wonderfully named Mayor too!

Overall, I think "So I Said To This Bloke" is possibly a touch stronger than "Punslinger" but the simple fact is this - If you love Tim, you'l love this. And I do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny but not the best of his DVDs, 24 Dec 2011
This review is from: Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD] (DVD)
I think Tim Vine is great and have four of his DVDS - I watched this and to be a little harsh was a bit disappointed, on the other hand he still came out with some hilarious things like the goose walk, and some great jokes. However a lot of the jokes were very lame and not at all funny and he fell flat with the auidence a couple of times. The ewe in midair was pointless and I think all the songs were not funny in this DVD, the leaning song was long winded and got annoying as did the ventriloquist part, I found this a bit too childish and annoying again. His other DVDs I watched and laughed right through from beginning to end but this act to me was a bit filling in with anything. The DVD started hilarious but by midway I was kind of bored :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 1 Sep 2010
This review is from: Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD] (DVD)
Obviously I haven't actually seen the DVD, but I was lucky enough to be at the recording and it is absolutely brilliant - Tim Vine at his absolute best.

That said, it should come with a health warning that you could actually become damaged from laughing so much - there were several points at the recording where I did worry that I might stop breathing or similar.

So buy it - but be careful!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need cheering up then this is for you, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD] (DVD)
I had never come across Tim Vine before I watched this DVD.
To start with I didn't think I was going to enjoy it as I thought it too childish. However I kept watching & was very glad that I did. The title of this DVD is very appropriate as TIm Vine delivers joke after joke in quick fire succession & it's deceptively clever & very punny!! There are some very clever sketches. I especially enjoyed the one about ventriloquism.
I can't remember laughing so much for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not his best work.....but still funny., 26 Aug 2011
A. Clancey (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD] (DVD)
I have all of Tim Vine's DVDs. Whilst I think this is funny, it's not as good as the others. I'm a big Tim Vine fan, and I would say that if you don't have the other two DVDs then I'd get those first, but if you do then you won't be disappointed with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars An aquired taste of humour??!!, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD] (DVD)
What can I say?? My family & I LOVE Time Vine - and his latest DVD 'Punslinger' didn't disappoint!! He is one of the few comedians that is suitable for ALL the family to watch together, which is lovely!! Also, living abroad, it helps my 12 yr old to understand the English language and our many sayings, where she may not have come across them in daily life!!! A belly laugh AND educational at the same time....what more could you ask for in a comedy video?? ;) Thanks, Tim! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Tim Vine dvd feedback, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD] (DVD)
Very happy with item and came very quickly too. Thanks. Nothing else to add really. Promptness and efficiency is crucial at this time of year so thanks once again.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUNNY!!!, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD] (DVD)
Completely threw me off my seat! have to buy this to have the best laugh ever and you will be crying in laughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Vinery., 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD] (DVD)
A must have addition to your collection for any fan of the genius Tim Vine. I laughed until I stopped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! :), 21 May 2013
This review is from: Tim Vine - Punslinger Live [DVD] (DVD)
I bought all of Tim Vine's DVDs and they are all brilliant. A Very Funny Man who is guaranteed to cheer you up! :)
Fully recommend Punslinger!