5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film!
Published on 2 Nov 2010 by chenbitty

2.0 out of 5 stars Jacks beanstalk
Bought this for my grand kids and they watched it once and threw it in the draw. It' only just follows the original story. Not great. Don't waste your money on it.
Published 11 months ago by Pete b.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film!, 2 Nov 2010
This review is from: Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD] (DVD)
Truthfully, this movie made me feel like I was 12 again watching classics such as Dark Crystal or The Never Ending Story. It even had some Terry Gilliam mixed in which, I enjoyed. I am also a huge fan of the story, Jack and the Beanstalk. I like seeing movies that get the kids involved, climbing on the couch which, is the beanstalk at home. We all had fun with the film.

It was nice to see Chevy Chase doing what he does best again.

I'm not saying it's going to be a classic but it was certainly better than I expected. The director Gary J. Tunnicliffe did a good job trying to make an old fashion feeling kids film.

For this being Collin Fords (who plays Jack) first film, he did a great job and really enjoyed him.

Give it a chance. I agree to the kids will like it more than adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD] (DVD)
The kids love itcand watches it every day. I will recommend all my frids and family to get it for their children.

2.0 out of 5 stars Jacks beanstalk, 10 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars jack and the beanstalk, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD] (DVD)
another good buy for my grandson he loves hos dvd .trying to get cartoon versin but had no luck goin to introduce him to something different

5.0 out of 5 stars Just so nice...., 8 April 2013
This review is from: Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD] (DVD)
Took a couple of showings to my 3 grandchildren to accept it . But everytime my youngest grandchild comes straight for this DVD . Yes very pleasant !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Jack and the Beanstalk, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my son who had seen the film at school, we have watched it every day for two weeks!

The goose is really annoying :-(

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice film for a rainy day for kids probably aged around 5-8, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this for my 5 year old son who watched it all the way through (he doesn't normally watch anything right to the end). Not too long which is a bonus.

The beginning is a bit odd but once it gets into the film quite good, it does take a while .

Not many great special effects but it isn't a blockbuster film, but was still enjoyed.

Worth a punt for a rainy day to keep the kids quiet for an hour or so. Would only recommended for ages 5-8 as older kids may find it boring.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD] (DVD)
The dvd was not really suitable for children of nursery and reception ages and whos groups I had bought it for they are aged 3 to 5 years and really didnt understand it so I admit to being very disapointed with it

5.0 out of 5 stars great film!, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD] (DVD)
My son who is 3 has watched this over and over he absolutely loves it. My daughter who is 7 also enjoyed it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for older ones, 14 Oct 2012
This review is from: Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed watching this dvd, especially with the cast in it, but my 3 year old was totally bored from the start. I would suggest that maybe it is for the slightly older child and those young at heart! It is a little bit long winded at times.

Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD]
Jack and the Beanstalk [DVD] by Gary J. Tunnicliffe (DVD - 2010)
4.52