on 6 November 2014
I brought this brush as after reading the reviews I thought it was exactly what I was after.. a brush which can be used to style my hair when wet whilst drying with a hair dryer. I have moderately thick naturally straight hair which is fairly long (5 inches below shoulders). As I'm growing my hair I have found it more and more difficult to get my old brush through it after washing, hence this purchase.
All I can see was this was a disaster. The brush would not brush through my hair at all when wet, I am used to a bit of a struggle but this was ridiculous. It would not even go through the underneath of my hair, i.e. around the nape of my neck. The handle was not big enough in my opinion to get a good grip even though I have very small hands. And to be honest the size of the actual brush head was not as big as expected.
I had to revert back to my trusty old brush in the end. I've tried the brush again with my hair dry and its fine, nothing special and certainly not worth the cost for just an average nothing special dry hair brush.
I would not recommend this for anybody with the same hair type as me, you may have better luck if you have shorted finer hair. I would not recommend.
on 17 January 2015
As someone with Afro hair I found this brush to be far too rigid which didn't help at all with styling. I must say that I much prefer the Denman to this any day of the week and will most defiantly go back to buying it. The reason is because I found the bristles to be way too stiff and that can be a huge problem when styling your hair. I found that this brush made it so much harder when styling as it often got stuck in all of my curls so I found myself tugging at my hair much more than I normally would when using my Denman. Because the bristles don't bend very much it offers no wriggle room if you encounter a knot in your hair, as a result the brush tends to get jammed in your hair and you will have a job trying to release it. I did try to be careful but still found the whole experience was ruined because of this. I wouldn't recommend buying if you have really thick or very curly hair as this brush will have you literally pulling your hair out. This brush in my opinion is better suited to those with fine hair as you couldn't use this brush to both detangle and style your hair. I encountered problems when not only blow drying my hair but also using a hot iron. I think that if the bristles had a little bit of bend to them that it would have been great to use. Obviously you don't want a brush with too much of a bend but you do need that extra bit of leeway, the Denman is a very sturdy brush that has the same qualities as this but the bristles (although sturdy) do allow a bit of a bend so that it follows the direction in which you are styling your hair much better than this did. Of course this is only my personal experience with using this brush so I hope it helps other when deciding what brush best suits their hair type.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 February 2014
Been looking everywhere for a decent hairbrush which would not cause static in my thick but very fine hair! This one ticks all the boxes and more! It is so comfortable to use whether for "dry" brushing or "wet" styling. Just wish I had bought more than one as they seem in short supply!! Love, love, love it!!
on 9 June 2016
Excellent product works just fine.
on 1 January 2016
Does the job, nothing special
on 6 June 2015
Was happy for the first day of use, much less static from ceramic construction. However, the quality of this product is very poor. Bristles started breaking off on third use and a month after purchase at least a dozen had broken off. I expect the brush to be bald within another couple of months. I'd buy another ceramic brush but will steer clear of TRESemme products in the future.
on 16 June 2016
Best brush Ive used
on 3 February 2015
I thought this product was terrible, feels cheap and clunky. I have straight, fine hair with few tangles and two of the bristles snapped off the first time I used it. Waste of money.
on 2 February 2015
Quite disappointed with this. I don't have particularly difficult hair but within days of using, 2 of the prongs broke off and after a week I am missing 5 prongs.
on 26 December 2014
Bristles (or whatever they are called!) broke on the 2nd use. Trying a 2nd time, but bitterly disappointed.