on 5 March 2011
This is my third solar light from the SolarCentre, all of which have been fantastic.

The light arrived quickly and was easy to charge and install. The instructions could be followed with common-sense, though the lettering isn't right: The Fixing Bracket is (A), The Parasol light is (B) and U-bracket is (C).

The best thing about these lights is that they are completely mains free. I installed the light in the shed, which has no other means of lighting it. You would probably want more than this if you were working for any extended periods in your shed. The lights are really bright, perfect for when you just need to grab something from the shed at night.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2011
I was somewhat sceptical when I ordered this light as it was my first solar powered garden light but I have to say that I am absolutely delighted with the Vortex.

I installed the light in my shed with the panel mounted on the roof, it was all very easy, and I have to say that I am amazed with how bright this light is. I have not tested the light to see how long it will stay on for continuously but having followed the instructions when I installed it, it has provided more than enough light for several hours work in the shed without fault.

If this light is typical of the quality of solar lights provided by the solar centre then I shall certainly be installing more solar lighting around my garden.

Many thanks.
11 comment17 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2011
I don't have a shed so I couldn't test that function, but as a parasol light it's great. It has a removable centre which allows the light to slide up the pole. It provides more than enough light to see your beer on the garden table.
Great product, perfect for what I need it for.
on 15 December 2015
I had this light in my shed for a a few months now. When I first connected it to the solar panel the light would not come on, however on disconnecting the wire to the panel, the light would work perfectly. I had followed the instructions to allow at least 7 days for it to charge and tried it again and it would not work.I later realized that it works fine in darkness when connected to the solar panel and is sensitive to light and will not work in day light.The light is self is sufficient to light up a shed and I hope it will have a long life span.
on 31 December 2015
Brilliant illumination for my small animals run in winter. Great output and easy installation. It's a bit distracting when the lights flash as charging starts but at least I know when dawn is. Great light
on 7 February 2016
I purchased the Vortex light with the intention of using it as a central down lighter for my garden gazebo. Although the centre of the light is removable if used for a parasol, I used the clip supplied to secure it to a stub shaft suspended from the gazebo roof. I managed to hide the solar panel wire within the stub shaft and had the jack plug connection been on the back of the light, the installation of the fitting would have been discreet. The added bonus of the light was having the option of the 3 light setting outputs to suit the ambience. Very pleased with the product.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 March 2011
The people at Solar Centre are really helpful. This is our second solar light and I am really impressed with the quality of both items and the help from the helpline.

I have used this light in our garage and it provides a good amount of light to find things at night. If you wanted to use it for working in a workshop then I don't feel it would give off enough light.

The fitting instructions are really easy to follow and the charge on the light is lasting really well even though the last few days have been very grim and foggy.

All in all a great purchase.
on 7 November 2013
does what it says on the tin. It`s never failed, not affected by damp conditions. the cable is long enough for me to have the panel in the optimum position.
Now for the shock review " Even my wife is impressed ". You can`t say better than that.
Solar technology has come a long way in the last 3 or 4 years

Written by Margarets husband Tony
on 13 August 2012
This is a very good shed light, nice long cable from the solar cells to the light, the light is very bright and has different brightness settings. I brought the shed light to be used in the day and night as my shed is quite dark during the day, I did not realise until I purchased it that the light will not turn on while it is charging in the day. This means I have to unplug the charging cable when I want to turn the light on in the daytime. A minor inconvenience but worth knowing before you buy.
on 31 January 2016
Note for the future, read carefully product specs, I wanted an external PIR system. This is not!
However it seems a good robust system, only problem now is where to fit it!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse