5.0 out of 5 stars Hassle free light where you want it!
Published on 23 Mar 2011 by Cryptoplank

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
I have modified my light in order to mount the solar cell away from the light and have therefore voided my warranty, but having taken the unit apart I can make the following comments.

The solar cell is fixed to the light and can only be moved in one direction. Unless you are mounting the light where the cell can collect the most light during the day you are...
Published on 20 Nov 2011 by alan_m

5.0 out of 5 stars Hassle free light where you want it!, 23 Mar 2011
This review is from: Thea Solar Garden Spotlight (Garden & Outdoors)
As other reviewers have already said there are lots of brackets and attachments so you have lots of options about how to position/fit the light. All pieces are plastic, but are nonetheless very study and whilst somewhat utilitarian are not ugly as far as I'm concerned. I'm guessing that most people that buy solar lights do so not because they particularly want a solar light but moreover because they want a light without the expense, inconvenience, or disruption of running cables. This leads to a trade off that must be part of the decision to buy and certainly must be part of one's expectations. The light from this lamp does not last from dawn to dusk, nor is it as bright as a mains powered halogen lamp, but it certainly does generate enough light to see by, does last long enough into the night for when I care about, and is very easy to position (and reposition as I've done already). So am I pleased with it, yes, could it be improved upon, well possibly, as another reviewer noted the solar panel angles forwards and backwards in line with the light but is not capable of being tilted to either side - a feature that I suspect would give better "sun capture" although may risk making the fixture either less sturdy or more expensive, now how much actual difference it would make I don't know. If I could have, I would have probably knocked half a star off for that but didn't feel it deserved to lose a whole star so have gone for 5 stars. So yes I'd recommend it as a good example of what it is - and no electricity bills!

5.0 out of 5 stars Leave A Light On For Me, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Thea Solar Garden Spotlight (Garden & Outdoors)
I was admiring the effects of this light in my front garden a few moments ago and suddenly had an overwhelming desire to sing its praises, to spread the word about how very impressive it is. My first instinct was to jump in front of it, bathe in its limelight and fashion a little something in its honour in the style of Pam Ayres but I thought that might make me look slightly eccentric. So, here I am on Amazon instead.

This spotlight has been my faithful companion for very nearly three years now. It came with me when I was asked to leave my former home by my former wife and its light has been defying the hours of darkness almost nightly ever since. Even in the depths of winter, the spotlight bravely carries on and is still a wonderful feature. However, this recent warm and sunny weather has allowed it to show off properly. It really is as bright as the description hints at, as well as being of sturdy construction and with an immense stamina. Up until that last bit, my spotlight and I were singing from the same hymn sheet, although recently it's probably brighter than me. The solar panel can be moved in order to chase the sun's energy and the spike which drives the light firmly into the ground would no doubt look attractive to Professor Van Helsing, in any kind of Dracula-related emergency.

This brightness cannot be overemphasised. It looks like a mini-floodlight. I have visions of teams of spiders and teams of beetles meeting under it for a kickabout every evening. I know you're supposed to pluck one lucky shrub from gardening obscurity and showcase it in the spotlight for all to see, but that seems a bit unfair to me, so I do tend to fiddle with its positioning rather excessively. Once it is lit up of an evening it is enormous fun - for a short time anyway - to go outside and pick random shrubbery to highlight. Every plant gets its few moments in the spotlight. It's a bit like 'Opportunity Knocks' outside my house.

I keep promising myself that I'll purchase more of these lights, although I think living in a localised version of the 'Land of The Midnight Sun' might confuse my plants rather significantly. Maybe it's best that I've just got the one. It's powerful but still understated. Impressive but not 'in your face'. It's the perfect gardening feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar light, 2 Sep 2011
Chris Taylor "seeteeart" (Dyserth North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thea Solar Garden Spotlight (Garden & Outdoors)
I purchased these from Amazon as I had read reviews that were informative and praised the quality of the product. Also I was totally fed up with buying much cheaper solar lights from a couple of well known supermarkets that worked for a season and then failed.
The lights arrived well packaged and were very easy to assemble. They charged up over 2 days and from the moment I switched them on they have been brilliant in terms of performance. I am very impressed with the light they give out and they really do illuminate the dark areas of the garden.
I am totally satisfied with lights, do not begrudge the extra money as the product is so good and the effect on my garden has given me a lot of pleasure. These lights will be coming in doors for the winter and will be carefully stored ready for next spring. A sizeable investment, but well worth it.
I just have to dispose of 12 solar lights that no longer function but were much cheaper than the Thea Solar Garden Spotlights. Moral of the story is I guess you get what you pay for.
I can now extend this review as the lights are now back in the garden for their second tour of duty. They are functioning just as well as last year and giving me as much pleasure. As they can be placed anywhere in the garden, new locations can be tried and they are versatile enough to deal with the ever changing garden landscape. These lights are really great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brighten up your life, 16 Mar 2012
This review is from: Thea Solar Garden Spotlight (Garden & Outdoors)
Well was a bit sceptical about this item as have bought various solar spotlights in the past. No need for concerns. Left item to fully charge for 3 days and pow what a light! Shone everything up that I wanted it to. Make sure solar panel is facing south as much as it can. That's the only downfall. It doesn't let you swivel enough but just re-positioned till I could get a proper angle. Didn't use wall or patio mounts. Just used ground spike. Was that bright shone through curtains. So turned it round. Yes I would recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solar light & service, 29 Jun 2012
This review is from: Thea Solar Garden Spotlight (Garden & Outdoors)
This light actually illuminates what you point it at unlike certain other solar lights that barely illuminate themselves. Also, the product that was delivered had a fault with it and the customer service at the solar centre was excellent and swiftly replaced the faulty unit.
Cant ask for more! Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars MULIPURPOSE SPOT LIGHT WITH NO ELECTRICITY COSTS, 11 July 2011
Sylvia Clifton (British isles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thea Solar Garden Spotlight (Garden & Outdoors)
I am delighted with this solar powered spotlight.it comes nicely boxed with full instructions and a choice of ways to install. ie wall mounted or with adapter for decking.I chose the good old spike in the ground method,which took seconds.there was no need to leave it to charge before turning it on as it lit up immediatley giving a surprisingly bright light and has stayed brightly lit ever since from dusk till after 1 am -not sure if it lasts till dawn.It has an adjustable light and panel so can be directed where required. It is ideal to highlight a garden or water feature and is equally useful to light up a dark pathway -very useful when letting the dog out last thing!!!!.The fact that it is a quick easy method of giving light where required with no electricity costs is surely a bonus-another great product from the Solarcentre

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar Spotlight that works!, 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thea Solar Garden Spotlight (Garden & Outdoors)
Having tried a number of different solar lights in my garden and been disappointed, I bought two of these recently. It is easy to assemble, can be fixed to walls or in the ground and most importantly the solar panel is adjustable and does recharge the light, even on the dullest days recently I did have the spot light working for 4 hrs in the evening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thea Garden Spotlight, 28 May 2011
This review is from: Thea Solar Garden Spotlight (Garden & Outdoors)
I have tried many solar lights and this one emits the strongest light so far.
It is not aesthetically beautiful but is exceptionally practical. It is sturdy and well constructed and
comes with clear instructions for fitting in three different ways. I have tried all
three. The stake is okay, but I found it a little top heavy and would be easy to knock
over. I didn't think this was a big problem and therefore still rated it with 5 stars.
The other two options i.e. screwing to decking and on to the the wall worked really well.
It is easy to assemble on the wall and takes hardly any time at all. I have mine placed
low on my wall and am delighted to say that because the light is so bright I am
able to sit and read under it on a summer evening. I only have a patio and am
a little concerned that leaving it on all night could disturb my neighbours so I switch it
off before going to bed. It would be even better if it had a remote control so that you could turn it off
from within the house. I don't believe anybody could be disappointed with this
solar light and therefore recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light, no problem, 27 May 2011
This review is from: Thea Solar Garden Spotlight (Garden & Outdoors)
This light is a great addition to our other solarcentre purchases. It provides a glowing highlight on the duck house in our garden pond which it does to great effect and, because its such a strong beam, it lights a large area on both sides as well and as the pond is 10m x 25m thats great power from a solar light. All you need, to attach it to a fence or stake it in the ground, is supplied in the box and even on dull, damp or cloudy days it still stays on for hours. Great value!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Future is Bright!!, 26 May 2011
P. Remy "Virgosoul" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thea Solar Garden Spotlight (Garden & Outdoors)
Assembled in a couple of minutes out of the box, also included were wall and deck fittings. found the hot spot in a north facing garden overhung by trees let it charge then turned it on. It came on around 8.30 and was surprisingly bright. I pointed it into the foliage of a mexican blue fan palm which gave a marvelous grotto like effect to the garden. It was still going strong when I retired at 1.45AM my garden is relatively small so you might need more than one for a more sizeable plot. I would definitely recommend this one!

Thea Solar Garden Spotlight