on 23 March 2013
After having worn a citizen ecodrive for the last 10 years, I wanted a change. So after some searching I came across th is with really good reviews and decided to go for it.
One of my oversights was in thinking that this watch was also radio controlled, it is NOT.
However, it does have quite a lot of other functions including world time, so that once you have set the accurate time (which I am a bit obsessed about) you will not generally have to change it again even when traveling, as most major world time zones are covered, so all you need to do is change the home city and the watch will adjust the time... Not quite radio controlled accuracy but nevertheless still quite cool.

I would have given five stars had it not been for the microscopic dials with which you use most of the other functionalities like alarm, stop watch and world time. You might seriously need to think of having a magnifying glass with you all the time unless you are only going to use these functions occasionally and stick with just using the watch for its primary purpose ie tell you the time.

Overall a great looking and trendy piece, but the small dials and the lack of multiband radio signal do let it down somewhat. If you are a tech nerd, I would advice doing for the more techy electronic/ g shock range.
on 9 October 2013
I really like the style of this watch. Nice solid weight but not too bulky. Keeps time well and the solar power (and clever power saving functions) have kept it ticking nicely for over a year.

However, apart from date and day of week most of the other functions are so impractical they're almost useless. I can live with the world time shown in 24 hour dial (which doesn't work at a glance) but the real killer is the stop watch. It takes a good 5-10 secs to zero itself (the hands have to go to the 12, which if the hour hand is at 6 will involve the minute hand having to make 6 revolutions) so a quick "Ok, I'll time you" becomes a "Hang-on, it'll take a while for this thing to get ready". Finally, for styling reasons there's no marker above the buttons to remind you which button does what, if you haven't used a function for a few months it's very easy to forget.

So, if you just want a great looking, solar powered, quality watch which will tell you the time, date, and day of week this is a fantastic choice. If you value features such as stop-watch I'd look for one with a LCD display (such as G-Shock or ProTrek).
on 2 November 2014
Let's not be silly this watch has issues. Good looking yes, slick yes, timing issues yes, not a big face , home time issues, 24 hour clock is confusing, and the dials are to small. To top it off Casio know this and have since produced other watches in different formats with a wave capture feature. (Same issues) Here is the saving grace that stops it from being a two star rating it tells the time and the world time on the main face works. The resin strap is great and light. It is what you pay for at the price.

Compared to the eco drive collection with world time and radio controlled it fails big time. Even with or without the feature. I would not buy the advanced or other versions of this watch sorry Casio I am sure someone will.

So Casio remember detail, clean and clear and the ability to tell the difference of 24 hour clocks would help.
on 29 July 2013
This watch was a bargain at £75! The watch itself is sleek and stylishly finished in black stainless steel with the features and functions to give you just about all you could want from a watch. As soon as you open the box and expose it to a light source you are mesmorised by it waking up from sleep mode and spinning the hands around to show the time, even if it is showing you the time in Pago Pago and not your timezone! It doesn't take too much to figure it out and get it to show the correct time for wherever you are.
I notice a few reviewers say it is a complicated watch to use but I found the instruction manual was very good indeed and the four buttons do the same basic functions as every other Casio (top left = Adjust, bottom left = Mode, top right = Start/Stop and bottom right = Reset). It doesn't have a light but it doesn't need one because the hands and hour markers glow very nicely in the dark.
The pictures don't do justice to how nice this watch looks on the wrist and the resin strap makes it one of the most comfortable I have ever worn.
Being water resistant to 100m I'll be confident enough to wear it in the pool and because its solar powered you wont be worried about that being comprimised by the teenager in the jewellery shop whose job it is to change the batteries, but then fails to check they've maintained the integrity of the watch housing. This may not be news to you but I always assumed that a watch described as water resistant to a certain depth would be just that but apparantley not. If you want to go swimming then it needs to be at least 50m as the act of swimming or jumping in the pool increases the pressure the watch is subjected to. So 50m is good for swimming, and this model being 100m is good enough for swimming or snorkling.

I can't stop looking at it, firstly because it looks so good and secondly to remind myself that it is actually a Casio and not a more expensive brand!
on 10 August 2013
brilliant watch once one gets it set up but what a pain to set up, I do like the look of it though. hope the setting up process is a once only thing.
on 9 November 2012
I have never wrote a review, but as i have been impressed by the product and service from amazon I felt i should write one.

I have owned a Skagen watch for about a year or so, i paid £140 for it. I was in Saudi Arabia a few weeks ago and I visited a few watch shops there to see what the prices were like, i came across a lot of Casio Edifice watches there, some really nice ones too. But I was hesitant to purchase one although the prices were approx £20 cheaper than what we pay for here. I was Hesitant because they didnt come with any warranty or documentation so I didnt know if they were genuine, even though it was in a reputable mall in Jeddah.

Anyway, I came back to the UK and started doing some research and really liked this particular model, the price was similar to the Skagen i owned and i couldnt believe how much "watch" you were getting compared to the Skagen, Skagen watches are very basic, just sleekley designed. I always knew Casio was a great watch maker so I went ahead and purchased the watch on 8th Nov at aroubd 7pm and recieved the watch 9th Nov at 11am. That is some awesome service by amazon!

Setting the local time took literally 5 mins, instructions are very easy to follow. And generally getting totally familiar with the watch and all its wizardry took a total of 20 minutes. I am impressed with the watch i believe for the money you ware getting a really well made, good looking and useful watch with its options and its solar powered too! I am comparing it to my Skagen and this watch is better in every way. Yes they are two different watches used for two different purposes, but no matter which way you look at it, a lot of so called designer watches skimp on features because they know the "name" is sufficient to sell the product itself. In the end you want a watch that worth your hard earned cash, and for me and the budget I had, this watch perfectley fits the bill.

My next watch will be a casio again, probably the Red Bull edition.
on 28 October 2013
Chose this watch as it is solar powered so there's very little need to change the battery which can be a bit of a pain in some watches. The watch looks good although the smaller dials aren't that easy to read. Not a watch for 'dressed up' occassions but a functional work for work / every day purposes.
on 17 March 2015
Well made watch and great that its solar powered but all the extra functions are so difficult to use. I am not a technophobe but even setting the time and date requires you to set aside 30 minutes or so. The other functions unless you use them all the time are so fiddly, the stopwatch etc and god knows how you set the alarm. Changing to other time zones was one thing I needed to master which I have but it took a while.
I am sure if you use the functions on a regular basis you would get use to the sequences etc you need but if like me its a holiday watch it can be a little annoying.
Saying all the above I still like thew watch and would recommend if you have the time to master all the functions or you are just going to use world time.
If you are buying for the stopwatch or alarm I would suggest a digital Casio G-Shock is a better option though.
on 13 October 2012
Been looking for months for a good watch as my old one wasn't doing very well after 11 years. I owned a Tissot and I must say thay are elegant watches to have. Hence my preference was kind of set by that design and swiss quality. I had my doubts about this Casio but ordered it for one main reason: good value for money. Having worn the watch now for a couple of days I must say that the build factor is great, it is light weigfht and good size unlike some of similar watches in this class that are bulky and heavy, and it looks very nice on my wrist. When I ordered it I wasn't sure about the rubber band but I quite like it and it looks great! The only issue for me was setting the watch up...took longer than I expected.
on 6 August 2013
!st of all put watch face in sunlight/daylight for a couple of hours to part charge up the battery before doing anything else.Read the manual not the quick start page its simpler & clearer instructions. I live in cyprus so i set to greek time which is the same with the second finger & hey presto it set everything up,all i have to do is change from summer to winter time with push of one button,its dead simple, i am 75 so most of you should be ok. Now for the watch everything is clear to look at & you can read the time in any light,i have a seiko in gold colour with solar power,but its hard to see the time with the gold fingers no probs with this for the price its a great buy & thats from a yorkshireman as they say short arms deep pockets,have a good day.

See one answered question