Price:£7.99+ £4.50 shipping

on 21 July 2013
That's what these are claimed to be, along with being "rich in fibre, oils and protein. The power of Marketing hyperbole ! All peanuts are rich in fibre, oils and protein, its a generic feature of these seeds/legumes. And the only thing that appears to be Grade A Premium quality about this particular product is the packaging. The contents appear to be very average quality peanuts, many are small and mis-shapen, some are discoloured. In fact the package clearly mentions that they are not fit for human consumption. So they are Grade A Premium Quality from whose perspective ? I dont quite understand. The peanuts sold in Asian Grocery stores at around the same price (supposedly for human consumption) at least look bigger and healthier than these, as far as appearances go. The only reason I am keeping this packet is that I have already opened it, and because it claims to have been checked for aflatoxin at various stages. I most sincerely hope that is true, since the last thing I would want is to inadvertently cause any kind of harm to the little garden birds and the greedy but amusing squirrels which visit my small garden regularly in search of food every day, by offering them aflatoxin tainted peanuts. And will buy a bulk pack from a Grocery store next time, what is good enough for human consumption should hopefully be good enough for the birds also.
on 20 July 2013
They are peanuts and quite nice peanuts but the birds haven't been particularly rushing to gobble them up. They did gradually start to eat them in the long cold spring we've just had. I'm not sure if the birds really care if they are premium peanuts or not. The cheapy ones in the local £ shop look pretty much the same and the birds eat those. I'm not a peanut expert, though.
on 1 October 2013
This is a good product for someone who is unable to go and buy peanuts in person. Buying them from a shop would probably be cheaper per kg, however these are delivered to your door hassle free. Peanuts are a good quality and the birds eat them very quickly! Work with most bird feeders.
on 1 May 2016
Great quality Bird Peanuts,
These are the best quality bird peanuts that we have come across.
The birds love them...... and a bit too much if i am honest, as it is a struggle to keep up with them.
They will eat a feeder full in day
on 28 July 2013
These have been great for weaning the younger birds that are visiting the garden. Have only started to fill feeders recently as young can choke, but now that they are near adult they are safe to eat them.
on 26 July 2013
These are peanuts, no wastage, birds love them especially the green finches, gold finches, chaffinches, and a regular great spotted woodpecker, coaltit, great tit and blue tit all regular visitors. Recommend
on 6 May 2014
Chapel wood Premium Peanuts for Wild Birds are good as they come as you can buy them in packs at quite reasonable prices, so many firms when buying food for the birds seem to think that you must need huge amounts of them. You soon find out what goes well on your own Bird Station, and you do not want food hanging around,that's why I tend to buy Chapelwood nuts as they come in handy packs, who an earth wants 20kg of nuts which in my case would last all year, and most likely go off before you can use all of them.
on 11 November 2014
Excellent quality peanuts for an excellent price. Chapelwood is a brand i can trust and buy from as you are assured good quality product's. Glad to say the peanuts are being demolished by the bird's, So safe to say they enjoy them. Would recommend buying.
on 22 April 2015
Peanuts are relatively easy to find at local outlets, but I was putting in an order of other bird food that I couldn't track down so easily so thought I would give these a go. I believe this is cheaper per kg than one other brand I have tried but I don't think the quality is quite so good - the nuts are not as plump; smaller, possibly harder and slightly shrivelled!. They ARE being eaten but not as quickly as the previous nuts, but I'm not writing them off just yet because it could be the time of year so will give them another go next autumn. Meantime, they are also getting mixed in with a 'buffet' I put out every day in a tray feeder (wholemeal bread, currants, left-over suet block, bird seed and other suitable scraps) and that all gets hoovered up in no time.
on 19 March 2013
I have regularly purchased peanuts for our garden birds but I must say that this latest purchase has been by far my best for quality and cost. On opening the bag you get that lovely fresh peanut smell which ensures you of good quality nuts, they last longer in a container and the birds love them (also the squirrels!). Price wise, not the cheapest I have come across but you get what you pay for and this is definately good quality for an excellent price.