5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it while you can!
Published on 8 Jun 2012 by Maximustentus

3.0 out of 5 stars So so
Lots in the box so on a cost per piece basis this is good value for money, but not sure I will use everything in the pack. Probably better to buy individual items of what you need when you need them.
Published 11 months ago by Barry Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it while you can!, 8 Jun 2012
This review is from: High 5 Sports Nutrition Marathon Race Pack Mix (Personal Care)
Not much to say on this really, if you want gels/energy bars and isotonic powders delivered for very little money then look no further. I have had 3 of these now as it works out so much cheaper than buying individual items, the contents do seem to vary slightly but on average I think I have had 14 gels in the box, 1 energy bar, 1 2:1 drink mix, 1 4:1 drink mix and a mix of hydration tablets. Now as the gels are over £1 in my local supermarket this seems like a no brainer!!! Free delivery and it has been pretty speedy delivery as well, certainly less than 5 days for me.. If you are looking to try gels to help with your training or just want to top up your stocks then this has got to be the best way, only downside is you don't get to choose what flavours you get, but for me this hasn't been an issue. Get a pack now before they sell out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 21 May 2013
red0209 (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is much better value for money than buying all of these products individually. Reading the other reviews, it seems like the contents of the box vary quite a bit. This is what I got in mine:

12 EnergyGel+ sachets (38g each, 7 raspberry flavour, 5 orange flavour)
1 energy bar (60g, coconut flavour)
1 Carbohydrate Whey Protein Isolate Mix (66g, summer fruits flavour)
1 Energy Source Carbohydrate Drink mix (47g, citrus flavour)
2 Isogel+ sachets (60ml, citrus flavour)
1 pack Zero Extreme Electrolye & Stimulant Sports Drink 10 Tab Tube (40g, pink grapefruit flavour)
1 Zero Highs Zero Sugar Zero Cals Electrolye & Magnesium Sports Drink Tablet (4g, cherry-orange flavour)
1 information sheet (marathon race day nutrition and training)

I bought this for the energy gels to assist with long distance running, for which I find them very effective. They do give you a boost quickly when you're tiring when you've been running for some time. The taste is very sweet and intense, and if you try to consume while on the run they are very sticky if you miss your mouth a little! I can't quite work out whether I prefer raspberry or orange but I can live with either. I've heard that some people can get upset stomachs when using these, but I've never had any problem at all. I must admit I didn't really want all of the things to dilute with water to create a protein or sports drink, or the energy bar. My energy gels from this pack are just about to run out, so I purchased two 20 packs of the 38g EnergyGel+ sachets, which will suit my needs better. You get just over a year on the best before date with the gels from the time of delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for finding out what works, 5 Feb 2013
I bought this as I am training for my first marathon and wanted to see which products worked for me. This is a great way to try out the High5 selection and comes with a little guidance note on how to get the most out of the products. The gels are great, really thin and easy to consume on route, flacour is quite strong but I don't find that a problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 May 2012
You get a lot for your money but mostly just the gel sachets. If you wants carbs then this is right for you. Just the right price in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars good range of products, 4 May 2014
This is worth the money as it provides a good range of supplements at a very good price..maybe more bars would be better, but otherwise excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value, 8 May 2014
Having tried a few alternative gels etc I find High 5 the most palatable. There was around 12 gels plus two ISO gels included. Add in the excellent Zero tabs to mix an electrolyte drink (12 tabs in my pack), a protein recovery drink, an energy bar and a great 350ml running bottle and this makes for a pretty comprehensive pack.

It's a no brainier really in terms of value as I could have spent the equivalent (and have done before) on gels alone. It also arrived very quickly.

Overall 5 stars and hopefully a step towards a PB in the Edinburgh marathon.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Mix, 26 Nov 2013
I ran my first marathon this year and found this selection to be a great help to both my training and the actual race. The box includes a good overall mixture of different products and flavours, along with some written advice and support.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have never used these before - try them, 17 Jun 2014
Everything in a box to prepare, train and take part in a race. Very handy hints on using the gels and tablets on the underside of the box. If you want more stamina in your races, use these. I used them for the first time when running a hilly 10 km and took a gel before the race start, at the 5km point and at the 9km point. I found that i had much more energy and stamina for my last km and strted overtaking people in that stage, I have never had the "legs" to do that before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great assortment, 14 Jun 2014
Great starter pack enables you to find what products you prefer. Used these on a couple of half marathons, Will buy another one before the marathon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money., 3 Jun 2014
I bought this product as I run a little. This product is so much cheaper to buy that buying the bars and gels individually.

High 5 Sports Nutrition Marathon Race Pack Mix