Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 August 2011
Having heard 'Dub Side of the Moon' and the brilliance of that re-interpretation, the first question is why do it again? Another dub version of the Pink Floyd masterpiece? What could we the listener possibly gain from it? Well the answer is a piece which is closer in intent to the original than 'Dub Side of the Moon'. I feel that it works as a whole rather than a collection of songs and contains many moments of experimentation just like the original. It could never be as inspirational, groundbreaking or definitive as the Floyd's version, a good comparison is with the Flaming Lips' effort of a couple of years ago.

For me, the icing on the cake are the bonus tracks, I presume they were felt to be too good to leave off, so we're lucky they are tacked on at the end. All in all I found 'Dubber Side of the Moon' a very chilled and mellow affair, I recommend you give 'Dub Side of the Moon' a go first though.
on 17 August 2011
Ohhhhhh yes. I dithered about buying this. I quite like the original Dark Side, but the whole prog-rock era was far before my time. The remixes here are all absolutely stunning. There's barely a dud on the album, as with the original Dark Side. What sets Dubber over the top however is the incredible bass that chugs through the album. Dubber Side was released to, if anything, take advantage of the dubstep explosion within the UK and the bass here frankly puts anything major dubstep producers have released to shame. It's deep enough to test any speaker system but remains melodic and, most importantly of all remains thoroughly enjoyable throughout. It does not grate.

The instrumentals over the top of the huge thudding bass are all sophisticated and befit musicians with serious talent. The whole dub aspect too is refreshing and daring, to revamp an album with as dedicated a fan base as the original Dark Side. If you have even a passing interest in reggae, dub, dubstep or bass driven music in general, this album is a must. However, if you're a Pink Floyd die-hard, you may be of a slightly different opinion as to how this re-vamp squares up to Pink Floyd's critically acclaimed masterpiece. The Easy Stars are an extremely talented collective and I seriously hope they re-work more classic albums. Good luck to them.
on 4 November 2010
Absolutely amazing. It's got it all. Reverb and bass heavy sound system bass dub reggae. This has to be the best remix album of a staggeringly awesome re-recording of Floyds Dark Side Of The Moon ever! If the Easy Star All-stars didn't grab your attention with the original reggae version, this will make you take notice, open up your mind and make you appreciate what they are doing, or what Floyd did in the first place with recording Dark Side... From remixes by Mad Professor, to Adrian "on-u-sound" Sherwood (with Jazzwad)'s take of Brain Damage which makes your speakers bleed as the bass loop rumbles around the room, you'll realize that this is one hell of a record! A must for any self respecting Reggae, Dub or Pink Floyd fan...
on 20 November 2014
This album is so good. I don't know how they pulled it of but they have. I did not like the original two as it is not my type of music so I was a bit apprehensive when I bought this. I quickly realised it was amazing with a great variation in mellow and heavy. Dub can be a bit samey but this album is wonderfully diverse and inspired.
This experience shows how progressive rock and dub can be intertwined. The colossal synths on "Money" and the recreated, more organic than the original, "On The Run" are good exemples. Easy Star captures how far, in other musical terroritories, this classic Pink Floyd album can take us.
on 7 December 2010
Well i was blown away with the original dubside of the moon, but this latest offering is perfect for those who like a more dubber dub! My neighbours are gonna hate me for the next week or two!!

The Easy Star All-Stars have truly done it again. Fantastic! I also highly recommend their other titles especially Radiodread. Can't wait for the next Easy Star All Star assault
on 31 October 2010
Another brilliant album from the easy stars. If you have heard any of their other work then this will not dissapoint. A very imaginative and brilliant dub reggae album. Nice and heavy on the bass. A truly must have album if you like your reggae! Can't praise this album enough, don't take my word for it give it a listen.Dub Side Of The Moon
on 27 July 2012
The original Dub Side was a brilliant dub reggae take on Pink Floyd's masterpiece. But I can't get into this one. Huge, gut-pounding bass fills the whole disc; the producers have done a great job there. However, I can't hear anything interesting going on while my furniture vibrates around the room. There're plenty of effects, noises, samples, the usual... but somehow it doesn't gel for me.
on 24 July 2016
I have quite a collection of Pink Floyd 's material redone in various styles from Blues to Dance so when I spotted this I had to buy it.
Big dub/reggae fan so it didn't take much to persuade me .
Having listened a few times now after initally being a little dissapointed it's grown on me and I'm considering purchasing the All-Stars original album 'Dub Side of the Moon' to go with it.
There's some deep deep bass on this and a good Hi-Fi is needed to really appreciate just how low it goes.
All in all a good buy and a great addition to my ' alternate ' Floyd collection.
on 21 May 2013
Fabulous, enough said. I love the Floyd original and this captures all the feel in a totaaly different genre. Great stuff