5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon also sell this album with a bonus song!
Amazon also sell this album (for download) with an extra bonus song - an alternative version of the title song.

Search for:
"Love God. Love People. (The London Sessions)"

The price is exactly the same, but there is a 13th song!!!
Enjoy!
Published on 31 Aug. 2010 by nivekinski

3.0 out of 5 stars Love God Love People
I like Israel Houghton, but was dissapointed with this album because it was not what I expected, my favourite track is Hosanna which is absolutely beautiful and really takes you into the presence of God, but that was really the only track I liked.
Published 9 months ago by a spicer

4.0 out of 5 stars On the Christian journey but what next you ask...time for purpose, 21 Sept. 2010
J. Walcott (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love God Love People (Audio CD)
What do you do next, when you have done it all before. Israel, Aaron and Tommy are all very accomplished, and their passion for God and Music is very evident. Their melodies are often complex, different and, without a doubt, creative.

On this disc I believe they sat and thought 'what can we now do to still make good music, make it different, and get the refreshing message of God out', and hence what you get on this set is more message, than melody; more substance, than worship; more to offer, than more of the same...and I think most appropriate for this time and this season.

Whilst as some have stated, the album does not have an instant hit, what it does have is a moment causing the listener to reflect and focus on a message for purpose in their lives. The songs surround themselves with messages of something that Israel has been saying often nowadays, and that is how can we, how can you, what will we do, what will you do, to make a difference for 'others'. Case and point is 'Love Rev'.

I've always said that Israel is the truth, and by that I mean Israel is anointed to reflect the truths of society, and to encourage us all to make a positive difference in each others' lives. A time for change.

So I say, Be an answer, Be a solution, Be charitable, Give Time to others, Love Hosanna with all your heart, and Love People.

The disc has many complex and beautiful musical arrangements..Enjoy...but also hear the heart of the righteous, feel the words that are sung, see the actions of God for this moment as you listen, and I'm sure you will get the true meaning and purpose of this disc.

Just as a side, I bought this disc along with Darwin Hobbs' 'Champion' which can be said is good and more in line with the expected worship songs, but as I listened I found myself missing and drawn to wanting to hear the Love God, Love People disc......and I asked myself 'why was this'. I think the simple answer is...more is being said on Israel's disc.

A good disc, not a great disc but one to enjoy for its message, if for nothing else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon also sell this album with a bonus song!, 31 Aug. 2010

Search for:
"Love God. Love People. (The London Sessions)"

The price is exactly the same, but there is a 13th song!!!
Enjoy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love God Love People, 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Love God Love People (Audio CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars On the Christian journey but what next you ask, 11 Sept. 2010
J. Walcott (London, UK) - See all my reviews

On this disc I believe they sat and thought 'what can we now do to make good music, make it different, and get the refreshing message of God out', and hence what you get on this set is more message, than melody; more substance, than worship; more to offer, than more of the same...and I think most appropriate for this time and this season.

Love God Love People
Love God Love People by Israel Houghton (Audio CD - 2011)