on 20 October 2010
I ordered this bracket and recieved it within 2 days so plus for that. When it came my sister was in to collect it and could hardly lift it, it was so heavy. But at least you know its solid and won't fall apart but i was worried for the wall. You get all fixings with it to mount to wood or brick but since i could only find 1 stud in my wall due to them being to far apart i had to go out and buy the hollow wall fittings which cost around £8. So with the 2large screws you get with it in the stud and 8 hollow wall fittings it seems solid to the wall. Good movement in the swivel etc and easy instructions. It also comes with a small spirit level so if you don't have your own don't worry about it. I would recomend this too most people just be prepared for the weight of it and see how far apart your studs are in your wall's as you may have to add £8 onto the price.
on 20 December 2011
I bought this item after placing an order for a new HD TV. My plan was to mount it on a wall. The bracket itself is solid and constructed from quality materials. I am happy to say that I successfully fitted the bracket and we are now enjoying the TV as planned.

On the down side, the bracket is very heavy. The packing was in tatters when delivered - clearly not adequate for such a weighty item. Having previously checked reviews, like a previous purchaser, I partly dismantled the bracket, making it more manageable but it was still a handful to mount and assemble. I had to widen one of the tilting sections which was too narrow to do its intended job. I also found, on removing the bracket from its packaging, that although the attached spirit level is a good idea, it only helps if the bracket is built true and square. Mine was not and so ignoring the spirit level, I had to compensate by mounting it at a slight angle to ensure a level TV once it was attached.

Hope this helps someone. Would I buy this again? Yes, mainly because of its sturdy build - my TV is securely mounted but quality control during manufacture has clearly to be improved.
on 18 November 2010
Great price, Great product. Just be aware these stands are heavy and need to be fitted to an outside wall. Just so you know
on 10 October 2010
This is a solid bracket, comes with various fixtures to fit most TVs, good value for money. The instructions say to use a 1/2 inch (12mm) drill bit however you need a 10mm drill bit.
on 15 January 2015
Heavy bracket, ended up having to put more heavy duty screws in. Unfortunately for me I was drilling into plasterboard so that was my own issue. Other than that it was well worth the money.
on 12 March 2011
This bracket seems solid, but it is held together and fitted to the wall with poor quality bolts. The main bolt on mine literally blew apart before I even got the TV on it.

I would still have been happy had Designer Habitat sorted the problem. 6 weeks later, however, and I'm still waiting for a replacement part. They would have me believe that they've tried twice to send a replacement, but both have been lost in the post.

Oh, and beware any contact from them promising a free gift in exchange for a 5 star review - they never arrive either [see below] - lost in the post, no doubt! But at least that explains how such a highly rated seller gives less than 5 star service.

<<For customers who have brought TV brackets from us as a special thank you for leaving positive feedback and 5 star product reviews we will send a FREE TV screen cleaner kit. All you need to do is once you have left your feedback and review drop us an email confirming your address for your FREE TV screen cleaner kit.>>
on 21 January 2016
Fast dispatch / delivery. Item does the job well. No damage / defects noted.

I used (http://www.amazon.co.uk/TIMco-Multi-Fix-00060TCON-Concrete-Screw/dp/B0089XFE6A) Multfix screws purchased for fitting a kitchen (screwfix) - these don't need rawl plugs just use the supplied washers 'E'- use a 6mm masonry drill bit. The bracket has many fixing points as you can see in the image so I went a little OTT and applied 10 of these Multifix screws.

Once the bracket is on the wall, don't worry if its a little wonky as you can slightly loosen bolts (T30) on the TV plate part of the bracket to realign.

I mounted a Sony Bravia 48W705C - if this is your screen note that the Vesa mount is at the bottom of the screen, so the bracket needs to be mounted low. The TV arms which attach the screen will stick out the bottom if you try to fix them centrally as recommended in the instructions. - this could be useful for mounting a speakerbar though.

I'll need to add a some kind of stopper at each end of the bracket to stop kids from pushing the screen off of the bracket/plate.

I'd buy again but probably not for the screen I have specifically.
on 16 June 2016
I was somewhat sceptical about this cantilever mount given the price. Usually I prefer to spend a little more if it means getting better quality, but given the number of positive reviews I decided to take a chance. I haven't regretted it. The build quality is excellent, and there are strong wall plugs, coach screws and various other screws and washers included to cater for different mounting options. There is a small spirit level included to get the levelling approximately right while mounting. I say approximately because the spirit level is by no means big enough to get the level perfect - but that doesn't matter, as there is enough leeway in the TV attachment bolts to make fine adjustments at the end. Now that the product is on the wall it certainly isn't going anywhere. I've only hung a 32in TV on it but I wouldn't hesitate to hang one much heavier. Just be careful pulling the TV in or out once it is attached - the mount is rather more stiff than a thin plastic TV - best idea to reach behind and pull on the mount itself (and save getting fingerprints on the screen). Top marks.
on 15 February 2016
Having bought a new 55 inch LED tv for the living room, we gave the 46 inch Sony tv to our youngest to watch in his bedroom. It was really too big to sit on his desk, so we searched the Web for a suitable wall bracket. Being a few years old, the Sony was heavy, around 27 kg, so we wanted something sturdy.Additionally, we wanted a bracket offering a fair amount of 'movement'. The VonHaus model we finally decided on seemed to fit the bill, and when it was delivered it was exactly as described. Fixing it was fairly straightforward - it requires two people if you follow the instructions and use the wall plate as a template for marking out. The bracket comes with all fixings required, including a variety of screws and washers to suit different tv's/VESA configurations. So, to summarise - sturdy, well-made product, very reasonably priced, does everything you expect. We have no hesitation in recommending the product and the seller !
on 6 January 2016
Having arrived the day after ordering it I can say that I am very pleased with my purchase. It is a solid, well made bracket more than capable of holding up my 55" TV.

It was very easy to put up using the fixings provided and the mini spirit level that comes in the box. I used my own spirit level to double check but there is provision for fine adjustments should it be needed to get the TV level and plumb.

Although I will only use the TV close to the wall I bought this bracket so that the fitting of the TV and wires would be easier before pushing the set back against the wall.

Having fitted the bracket to the wall I tested it by holding onto the arms, not fully extended, and letting my slight 16st frame hang from it. It held me so I felt confident that it would hold my £1000 TV.

I am happy to recommend this product. Reasonably priced, good quality, prompt delivery, nuff said!!