on 24 May 2011
I was loathe to let this pink monster into our house but I'm glad I did. This DVD set has been a big hit. This is the modern Barney, with clips and flashbacks to the original kids in places, particularly in the Best Of... disk. Although a lot of the songs I expected to hear weren't included, the ones that are here are still nice and catchy. Be warned, however, that some songs are repeated across DVDs... I think "Elephant" is on all three disks in one shape or another. My 3-year-old doesn't seem to mind though, and I think it helps make the DVDs more familiar to him.
on 18 December 2012
We bought Barney as an aid for teaching English to our two-year old daughter. Barney and his friends have not disapppointed us. The songs on the DVD are catchy (I often find myself humming a Barney tune at work: 'It's a great day for counting...') and the content (songs, adventures) is educative. Our daughter is learning her ABC's, learning to identify numbers, animals, colours and even other people's emotions. I never thought I would say this, but the purple dinosaur is not as goofy as he sounds. For using wonderful props, imaginative story-telling and creatively engaging a two-year old for twenty minutes everytime they sing and play, Barney & Friends deserve four stars.
on 27 May 2012
My 2 year old daughter caught 10 minutes of a Barney at a friend's house so we thought we would try and get her a DVD or two. This 3 pack has lots to keep the youngsters entertained and at an outstanding price (looked on eBay first and this NEW item cheaper on Amazon!). Now we limit the viewing to an hour a week and my daughter loves it. She joins in with the singing and dancing and thankfully has not yet adopted an American accent. Each DVD has a message that emphasises family values and good behaviour and teach numbers, colours, counting etc. So if you are able to look past the daft pink dinosaur (and his ever increasingly numerous mini dinosaur helpers BJ, Riff, Baby Bop and more) it's a good purchase at a very good price that kids will watch again, and again and again.
on 26 March 2015
I've played these dvds in the back of the car to my 2-3 year old son on school run journeys and it's taught him his numbers and letters!!! He counts down from 20 and it's definitely down to Barney!! He loves it. Although he does now say Zeeee for Z!!
on 18 April 2011
Really good. Our 2year 4 month old grandson loves Barney and his friends and always chooses one of these dvds.Only downfall is the songs get into your head and we've been known to burst into song in the supermarket
on 11 December 2013
My little one year old grandson absolutely adores Barney. This boxset is perfect for him. As soon as I put it on he sat and danced in front of the TV singing along instantly to the songs, whether he knew the words or not! Very educational.
on 8 December 2013
I bought this box of dvds for a present with the box of "Sesame Street - 40 Years of Sunny Days". I don't know (because I didn't watch the dvds) if it is worth the money I payed. I payed almost the same money with Sesame Street, not so much but it's not like sesame!
on 22 June 2012
My daughter discovered Barney on a trip to the US and what can i say fel in love with it, dvd very good quality, she off barney now (thank God for that) but it must have ran about a thousand time and the picture was as good at the end as it was first time.
on 23 October 2011
My 3 year old son is a massive barney fan and I've had to buy this box set twice so he has one at grandma's house! 3 DVDs packed with Barney and friends singing and dancing to his most famous songs. Brilliant
on 4 August 2011
I'm a HUGE Barney fan (I'm 23 and me and my 2 year old daughter adore him!), so I jumped at the chance to get 3 dvds together. It can certainly save you some money in the long run and the dvds themselves are really good fun! Animal ABC is probably my favourite, it teaches children about animals (some very exotic ones as well as basic cats and dogs, which i thought was good as it broadens what kids usually know), and subjects such as vets and of course, the alphabet. My daughter loves Top 20 Countdown, which as someone said is a very odd setting for a Barney dvd. But hey - They can't always be in the park right?! The Best Of is pretty good too, reliving some really cool and happy moments and songs.

You can't go wrong with this purchase! 3 really good Barney dvds together - Your kids will love it!