on 19 March 2013
unlike the plastic version these just dont work for me, the tone is nice as long as you dont mind a bit of mettalica but the flanges on the back of the nail catch and lock between fingers and the flanges underneath the finger are not long enough to keep them in place.
Get the plastic ones they really do work, these need a re-design, sorry but...
Fingerpikinman
on 15 March 2014
I don't use these picks for regular fingerstyle guitar as I prefer a more traditional type of finger pick (Propik brass split wrap number 2), but these Alaska brass picks are the best I've found so far for clawhammer banjo. You need a bit of nail to lock them under, but they are fairly comfortable and are extremely stable on the finger; feeling very natural and sound great with steel strings.
Other players (guitar, ukulele and banjo) may not like them and prefer another style of pick, which I think is the whole point. If you are thinking of using a finger pick then you are going to need to spend a bit of time experimenting to find what works for you. We are fortunate that we have a lot of different types of fingerpicks available today and the vast majority are very cheap, so there's no excuse not to experiment. This Alaska pick is definitely worth trying!