5.0 out of 5 stars These books are amazing!, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Maria V Snyder study trilogy Collection 3 Books Set RRP : 20.97 (Poison Study, Magic Study, Fire Study) (The Study Trilogy) (Paperback)
ONE WORD: WOW.
I'll try not to give any plot twists or spoilers away.

These books are so underrated for what they are. I read Poison Study and in the first chapter I was in love with the protagonist, Yelena Zaltana. I loved her strength, her determination, her confidence. I thought 'finally, I have found a protagonist that I love'! I honestly have nothing negative to say about her! She dealt with every situation thrown at her perfectly, and she's intelligent! Not often you find intelligent protagonists in fantasy books, these days! She depends on no one but herself, and she is a warrior. I simply love Yelena Zaltana.

And then there's the main male. Valek. What do I say? Swoon-worthy but definitely not cliche, Valek melted my heart. He was written with such perfection so that the reader felt a measure of sympathy, understanding, anger and longing for him. The arc of his relationship with Yelena is definitely different from any other fantasy books I have read, and I found myself wanting to love Valek and then wanting to throw my book against the wall because of him! Such an infuriatingly wonderful character. His sense of humour definitely had me grinning foolishly to myself sometimes and then a plot point would hit me, unexpected, and I would find my heart racing, clinging to the edge of my sit.

The plot is definitely not what was expected. The major plotline arcing the trilogy was so original, dramatic and worrying that i found myself reading late into the night, desperate to see if the characters would come out of the action and drama alright and whole. This trilogy is currently in my list of top 10 favourite series, placing at 5. It is only a shame that not many people have come across this. It deserves a lot more attention than it is getting!

I devoured the first book in one day and the entire trilogy in just 5 days. So flawlessly written, with perfectly lovable characters, I recommend this series to anyone who loves series such as The Mortal Instruments, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Divergent, etc. Maria V. Snyder is a perfect storyteller who can pull on your heartstrings at any given and unexpected moment. This is a must read!

5 out of 5 stars for it's originality, characters and plot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy now!, 29 Mar 2014
The study trilogy had me hooked from the start. I chose this collection as I am always looking for a unique story book with different ideas to those that are often written about. The usual supernatural vampire, fey, werewolf, angel, ghost kind. The kings food tester for poison! Say no more, I loved it! I loved the adventure, thank you. Belongs now in my collection as it should be in everyone's.

5.0 out of 5 stars great books, 8 Jan 2014
these books are a great read thanks to all the reviews and the first chapter of poison study. I am usually a slow reader but these books are keeping me awake till all hours highly recommended to keep you wanting to read more . they are so good I just got my next trilogy .

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting Series!, 10 May 2013
I bought these because of a book review I saw on YouTube about the first book "Poison Study" and when I went on here and saw that they were selling all three in the series for just £10.99 I just couldn't resist and I'm glad I never! These books had me hooked from the very first series, I LOVED hearing about Yelenda's world. Throughout the whole series I laughed, smiled, cried and many times screamed at my book. It didn't seem that Yelenda could ever catch a break. I remember times where i got so peeved at her.

I feel in love with Valek, Ari and Janco! My excitement when they appeared again in Magic Study was unbelievable. Highly recommend these books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing trilogy, 10 Dec 2012
These book have everything a good fantasy trilogy needs. Magic, mystery and a good story line that doesn't get boring. Would definitely recommend these books to any fantasy fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful covers, 17 May 2011
It had the beautiful covers that i fell in love with. However, i kept thinking that it would come in a box set, and was devastated when it didn't. However, i believe that this particular series doesn't actually have a box set sold.

The item arrived safely and securely. Thank you for the wonderful product.