Top critical review
6 people found this helpful
Assassin my ass-assin
on 4 January 2013
I am afraid even with all good intention I cannot mark this trilogy highly.
The boy is not an assassin! He is a dilettante assassin. not worth the title he gives himself.
He is not particularly alert, he is not particularly intelligent, he is not good at plotting... and killing.
The magic in the book, "the skill"... come on!
A phone line and a good advertisement consultant would have the same result!
The witt is little better!
The plot lacks credibility:
1) Iodine is mentioned... (in our world iodine was discovered in 1811... much later that a "middle age" kind of scenario the book is in)
2) a horny young man would not resist 2 ladies knowing tomorrow may never come
3) he shows sexual expertise (he places himself above Burric for sexual understanding of female behaviour, and women chatting... This leads thereader to believe in lack of ingenuity from his side) and then ingenuity (going red, and misunderstanding women etc... typical of a young unexpert man) ...
4) The wolf sometime seems to understand concepts beyond animal intelligence but sometimes he does...
5) The mentioning to a "spice" similar to marijuana is pathetic... doesn't make me laugh, doesn't make me cringe... it seems superfluous.
either you are an assassin or you are not
either you are a sex expert or you are not
either you are in a similar world to ours or you are not
either the wolf understand or he doesn't
In summary: some good ideas but not credible, silly plot, excruciatingly slow at times...