on 5 September 2013
I didnt actually buy these books for myself, I bought them for my sister who is grieving for her lost dog, I read them many years ago and was totally absorbed by the brilliant characterisation and depth of storytelling, so much did I live in the stories, that when I finally finished it took me a few days to reorient myself to the world of..Now..
Subsequently I have read everything written by Robin Hobb and virtually the entire genre of fantasy that my local library has to offer...So yes, I loved them and wouldnt hesitate to recommend to anyone needing escape in another wonderfull world, or anyone that just likes fantasy.
on 2 December 2013
Very rarely these days do you come accross a genuinely 5 star book/trilogy.

The author pulls you into the story in such a way that you feel that you're living and experiencing every breath of the lead character Fitz. You anguish over his pain and woes and celebrate his successes.

It takes a magical and gifted author to make you forget that you're reading a book and instead you are part of the story.

I highly recommend this trilogy.
on 13 January 2015
I adore this series, I was so captivated by the world its set in I simply had to read the next trilogy as well. I find that she writes extremely well building such a believable and inviting world, you find yourself totally involved in the lives of the character that you just get sucked in. Brilliant story telling and well worth reading, Robin Hobb is my favourite author.
I have recently found Robin Hobb and the books completely fascinating and the detail of the writing is incredible. For me the fantasy world is so compelling that I really want to read the books at the exclusion of everything else. If you love fantasy wrapped in with the feelings and trials and emotions of the life a the main charter Fitz. (which apply to us all even in the modern day ) you will love this trilogy. I am going to get every one of the Robin Hobb books - addicted
on 31 March 2013
for me this is one of my all time favorite book series. i love the characters, the setting, the story, the way the story is told. it is a must read for anyone who likes fantasy. would highly, highly recommend!
on 11 June 2013
Probably read these books through 2/3 times now (all six fitz and the liveship/rain wilds books) and love them more and more each time.
Although I am reading it as a woman and the book is written by a woman, but from the perspective of a boy/man. After speaking to a male friend of mine who's read these he thought a few things weren't quite right because of this but hey, we both still enjoyed reading these :)
on 11 January 2016
Beautiful set of the most fantastic books! Robin Hobb is a an amazing author and this trilogy is one of her best, any reader will become hooked almost instantly. You won't regret buying these books!
on 30 August 2013
A really great set of books, a perfect present for a friend that loves fantasy literature. Really lovely covers and arrived in perfect condition. Would highly recommend.
on 20 January 2014
Order these for my Son for Christmas.

Delivery was quick and well packed.

Books were new and seem to be exactly what he wanted, all good
on 8 January 2015
My grandson was very pleased with the books and it came very promptly.